“OK for the $ but not the nicest”

Days Hotel Peoria Glendale Area
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Stayed for a long weekend dog show. Average is about all i can say. Room was small, maid service was non-existent, place is not in the best shape. We only paid $60 per night so i cant complain. Another person in our party had an issue with cockroaches and i did see a roach in the mens restroom by the bar area. Would i stay again? No.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sss
There are newer reviews for Days Hotel Peoria Glendale Area

Reviewed April 11, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the room and the friendlness of the staff. The room was nice and quiet and because the hotel isn't right next to the freeway you don't really have to worry about where you're room is located. It was easy to find and the area seemed pretty safe. The one big negative is that because they allow dogs at this hotel, and there were many people and their big dogs staying who were taking part in a particular breed dogshow, the hallways definitely smelled of dog. The carpets throughout the public areas where the rooms are located need, at minimum, a good deep cleaning if not outright replacing, preferably with something other than carpet. I did have my small dog with me so I'm not in any way against dogs-I just think the hotel needs to be mindful of the need to clean the public areas more often because of the dogs. Plus, they should think about putting dog waste bags in the grassy areas for easy cleanup. Many people obviously didn't bring their own and there was a lot of dog poop in those areas.
The pool was clean and nicely heated and my son took advantage of it even though we were in Arizona during record low temps.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank travelmailetc
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Stayed 4 nights and never got clean towels even though we left wet ones on the floor. Trash cans emptied without new liners replaced and coffee not replaced. Housekeeping did not get to room until 4:00 pm. Room located right next to stairs so banging doors heard until 1pm each night as people went in and out. Asked for a tray to take breakfast back to room and dining room staff very unhospitable. You would have thought I asked for room service! The location was convenient and the pool was nice.

Room Tip: Stay away from stairs and entry doors.
1  Thank WAlady
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Had to wait for check-in. One check-in clerk and a shift manager scurrying about seemingly trying to look busy. This hotel is located in front of what looks like a seedy trailer park. They are both apparently owned by the Peoria Business Association. The hotel is operated only under the licensed name RAMADA. It is not owned by Ramada. Immediately upon entering the room (key card doesn't always open door when it shows green and we saw other hotel guests having the same problem.) we could see the beds were sloppily made up. The bed spread were terribly wrinkled and large soil spots all over them. The sheets were so old that they had lint balls on them. Housekeeping supervisor said that management wouldn't spend the money to allow them to clean and press the bed spreads. The key cards didn't always open the outside security doors when you swiped them. We asked for a new room. The key cards to that room didn't work all of the time either (even when the green light appeared after inserting and removing.) Soiled bed spreads as well. Had the same trouble with the security doors with these cards as well. There was no suitcase stand to set our luggage on. I had to hunt down a housekeeper to get one delivered to the room. Next time I saw her she said. "Are you the one who wanted the stand. There it is leaning against the wall at the end of the hall." I had to retrieve it myself.When we requested an extra towel from another housekeeper we were told that they weren't allowed to give out more than the initial allotment to the room. Pool towels were issued at the front counter. We asked for two and were given one and told that housekeeping would deliver another one to the pool. No one every delivered one. Staff seemed liked they didn't like their jobs. I couldn't get into the fitness center with my key card either so the manager issued another set that worked sometimes. I can see why it was the only motel that had vacancies when I went online to find one close to the San Diego Padres spring training facility. I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SDJohn60
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Paul Von Evil nailed it!! I would add that this "hotel" is in an industrial area with nothing near it except closed business' in dead strip malls. Any review with more than 1 star is either fake or someone reviewing a Ramada in Peoria, IL by mistake. The rooms and property look nothing like the Ramada website photos. Thin walls, noise at all hours, cigarette smoke everywhere and trash cans overflowing the entire time I was there only enhanced my stay. Warning: Do Not Prepay for a room here!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Tooblackdogs
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Pre - Booked through Expedia.Ca for $102.17 + $15.96 tax per night for 2 nights. On arrival endured a tedious wait at check-in (@4PM) while a lone worker (Connie) tried valiantly to satisfy a growing crowd while unable to determine available rooms due to non-communication with housekeeping (her calls to housekeeping went unanswered) In addition, the check-in process was constantly interrupted as the front desk was also the apparent reservation service. Despite these challenges I thought Connie did an admirable job of using good technique (and multiple apologies) to keep the stress level down for the customers, although hers had to be rising. When we got our "No-Smoking" room we opened the door to be assaulted by the stench of stale smoke that was overwhelming and putrid. On return to the desk and it's ongoing chaos we were assigned another room. We placed our belongings in the new room and went out for about an hour . Upon return our room key card was no longer operating. Back to the front desk to find two gentlemen at the desk complaining that their assigned room was occupied (by us). Their opening of our room door (during our absence I might add) resulted in our key cards being disabled. The rest of the stay was relatively uneventful, however, the first impressions we experienced certainly set the tone for our stay. It seems to us that with the obvious location and seasonal exploitation that Ramada enjoys with this location that a certain amount of reinvestment would be reasonable to provide an appropriate level of service (hire more staff) and upgrade what is clearly becoming a tired facility.

1  Thank KED3
Reviewed March 12, 2011

but sadly none of them are true for this one. The pictures featured show off a highly modernized take on a typical Ramada. At first glance you may be surprised at how nice it appears and how good the pricing is. But don't be fooled, this hotel is nothing like it seems

From the moment you pull up and see the hideous mustard yellow exterior, you realize you made a bad choice in hotels. The interior of the lobby is much nicer, with it's recently remodeled appearance but the noticeable upkeep issues (Ramada logo with lopsided letters, boxes kept in random areas in the lobby, trash can filled with old muffin wrappers). There was a single employee on staff at the front desk at what seemed to be quite a busy time of day. In fact, despite booking online there was more than a 20 minute wait for one other person to check in before.

Upon pulling around back, the hotel's appearance worsened. Immediately you're greeted with a trailer park and although there was an attempt to separate the two (some sort of low, poorly kept shrubbery), you just can't help be notice the dirty appearance of the park. After walking through the "beautiful courtyard" with it's dead grass and leaves, you'll notice the "heated pool" which appears to be around..maybe kiddy size.

The bottom floor rooms have exterior screen doors, for convenience I'm sure, but when you're walking to your room and you're forced to see people in their underwear reclining in their room because they decided to leave the screen open..it really adds to the overall disappointment of the experience. It also helps that most of these were off their rails giving the whole hotel a sort of ghetto apartment vibe.

Now I could forgive all this. I could. But there was a single damning issue with this stay. Upon entering the room I paid for, I was greeted with jackets and luggage. I was given someone else's room. Luckily they weren't in or the whole ordeal would've have been more embarrassing.

Here's the kicker, while asking for my money back, the person who had the room I was supposed to have approached the front desk. As well as a very drunken man, and someone from the trailer park asking for ice. Talk about classy!

Overall for the price of the room which required a deposit (for incidentals I'm sure, given the "resort quality") I could've stayed somewhere much nicer for the same price. And I did.

2  Thank PaulVonEvil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
WoodSpring Suites Phoenix Peoria
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate
Thunderbird Executive Inn & Conference Center
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex

Been to Days Hotel Peoria Glendale Area? Share your experiences!