“Not a bad place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cibola Vista

Cibola Vista
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
Reno, Nevada
“Not a bad place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We visited the resort on a timeshare invitation. We own timeshares, so were interested in the resort and what it had to offer. I think rating it depends on the quality of vacation that is expected. The initial room we had was a queen bed and very small and dark. We were able to "upgrade" to a king room which was much larger and brighter, and had a balcony. The charge was $30. When we inquired about upgrading initially on the phone, we were told it was $100. So, it paid to wait. The kitchen was well appointed with everything necessary to prepare a meal. The room gave me an old casino feel...heavy draperies and bedspreads, very dark wood throughout. Rooms were very clean. The pool was nice with basic furniture. There is no restaurant on premise, just a "cafe". The cafe serves drinks and bar food. No restaurant is in walking distance, so a car is necessary. We enjoy walking, but everything was out of walking distance. Cibola was a former dude ranch and is pretty far out, although retail is springing up nearby. The timeshare presentation was odd. We were scheduled for noon, and asked for it to be moved to 2. No problem. Then we got a call saying they couldn't do it at 2. After several calls from the resort asking us to switch, they finally kept our time at 2. On the final call the rep hung up on me. When making our initial reservation, they kept saying we were at Las Vegas and not Peoria. We found the phone reservation people fairly incompetent. So, this isn't a Westin or a Marriott, but an okay place to land. It isn't a timeshare I would buy or would revisit.

Room Tip: Queen rooms are very small and dark. Go for an upgrade to a king.
BluegreenCares, Manager at Cibola Vista, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Hello jammer,

Thank you for staying at Cibola Vista and sharing your experience. We are happy we were able to provide you with an upgraded unit upon your arrival and that you found our accommodations clean and well-appointed. We appreciate the feedback you have provided and will certainly be looking further into your concerns. Your feedback is highly valuable and will help to ensure a pleasant experience for all guests. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We've been happy with the relaxing atmosphere of this resort. Convienent to many restaurants and other shopping. Our room is quite nice with a large kitchen and plenty of supplies. The adult pool is not very large, but not at all crowded during our stay. Try the fun water slide at the big pool!

BluegreenCares, Manager at Cibola Vista, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Hello takemeaway927,

We are delighted you were happy with the relaxing atmosphere at Cibola Vista Resort. We are glad our location was convenient and that you found our accommodations spacious and well-equipped. We hope you will consider another stay soon!
MIDDLETOWN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Cibola Vista Resort is located just far enough out in the desert to give you the feeling of seclusion, but still within 5-15 minutes of a multitude of restaurants and businesses which a traveler might desire. The grounds are impeccable, the staff friendly and helpful, the accommodations luxurious, and the location beautiful. Great food from the adult poolside cafe, and a horseback riding stable across the street. The resort has fun activities everyday. We took advantage a an informative onsite botanical tour in which we learned much about the desert fauna. Unfortunately, we weren't available to enjoy some stargazing with a few local astronomers and their high power telescopes. People who did partake of this activity couldn't stop talking about and showing pictures of the heavens that they took through the scopes. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BluegreenCares, Manager at Cibola Vista, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Hello LeonGMOT,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Cibola Vista. We are thrilled you had great time and enjoyed the accommodations, amenities, and location. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Hope to see you soon!
Hampshire, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great resort second time here. On the quite side. Worth the drive from The cities. Awesome restaurants nearby. Front desk goes out of there way to make stay comfortable. Well kept grounds. Clean pools. Could use some music or entertainment by the family pool. Clean well maintained rooms.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room w a balcony. Bring a extra mirror if u get a junior suite not enough light...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
BluegreenCares, Manager at Cibola Vista, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hello cubsfair,

Thank you for returning to Cibola Vista and sharing your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the resort property and rooms clean and well-maintained. We hope to welcome you back soon for a third visit.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

The rooms were nice and the larger main pool was wonderful. I only had a few issues. The adult pool was small and the bar was teeny tiny. The bartenders were college kids who couldn't make a regular drink. I was very disappointed by the adult pool.

The rooms didn't blow me away. The furniture was outdated but, it was cozy enough to sleep in.

All in all, this place is slightly above average.

Room Tip: This place has a few buildings under construction, so make sure you find out where your room is.
Hello Jill M,

Thank you for staying at Cibola Vista Resort. We appreciate your feedback, which will help to make improvements to our resort to ensure a pleasant experience for all guests. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you would like to provide any additional details. Thank you.
Bothell, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

My father and I traveled to Peoria for Spring Training to see the Mariners on 3/20. Our flight got in early and I called Cibola Vista about a possible early check-in. Robert the Evening Manger took my number and said he would call if early check-in was possible. Robert called me at 2:30pm to my surprise and I thought we had our early check-in. To my dismay, Robert informed me the resort was overbooked and there would not be a Jr. Suite available for our 4 night stay.

Robert said he did have a Studio available that was a model unit we could stay in. Since we were in Peoria we decided to head to the resort to work the situation out. Robert greeted us very apologetically and took us to see the Studio. While the unit was nice, it would not work for my father and I as there was only one queen sized bed in the room. There was no sleeper sofa or other sleeping accommodations.

My father and I both have sleep apnea issues and I booked the Jr. Suite for the separate sleeping areas. My father was to have the bedroom and I was to sleep on the sleeper sofa in the living room. Also, we were excited to have the kitchen to cook our meals during our 4 night stay, as we would save money by not eating out every meal.

With the Studio not being a reasonable option for our stay, Robert got on the phone with Expedia, who I booked the reservation through. Once Robert had given the Expedia customer service agent a quick overview of the situation, he handed the phone over to me. I spent 2 hours (literally the phone had a time display for the phone call) on the phone with Expedia trying to find alternate accommodations.

Since we were traveling at a peak time for Phoenix and vicinity, Expedia had a difficult time finding alternate accommodations. There was not anywhere in Phoenix that had the same amenities as Cibola Vista. We could not have the amenities that we truly wanted, the kitchen and separate sleeping areas. The only accommodations Expedia was able to find were lower rated hotels or one 4 star resort an hour’s drive away in Chandler.

We opted for the 4 star resort in Chandler as we wanted to have a nice place to stay for our vacation. Either Expedia or Cibola Vista picked up the price difference of the reservations and I was not charged extra. The room was a standard hotel room with 2 queen beds; we did not have a kitchen or even a fridge. We made the most of our stay, but did not spend as much time in Peoria as we planned since it was now an hour’s drive from our hotel. While Robert was pleasant and said he was going to take care of us, in the subsequent days when I spoke to him, he seemed to be putting me off and did nothing for us.

We were appreciative that we were able to get other accommodations, but my budget for the trip was blown through by having to eat out every meal and the added driving. I cannot give Cibola Vista an accurate review for their accommodations; I can only share my experience. In the future, if I find myself looking for accommodations in Peoria, I would consider Cibola Vista, if they would actually be able to guarantee I’d have a room with my reservation.

Room Tip: Make sure you actually have a room with your reservation.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kyle P
BluegreenCares, Manager at Cibola Vista, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Hello Kyle P,

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback regarding your experience at Cibola Vista. We apologize for the booking issue you experienced and any inconvenience this has caused. We are investigating this issue to ensure a pleasant experience for all guests. We hope you will consider giving us another chance. Thank you.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on spring break with the kids. The rooms were nice, kitchens equipped well enough to comfortably eat in. Beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were nice. There was a washer/dryer in the room, which was great.

We loved the pool and the astronomy night that they hosted.

Tons of restaurants very close (not walking distance, but quick car ride), plus there is a Target nearby for all those things you forget to bring.

We'll definitely go back!

Stayed March 2014
Hello Justin G,

Thank you for spending spring break with us at Cibola Vista. We are delighted you found the accommodations well-equipped and comfortable. We are happy you enjoyed the pool and activities. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria
Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex
Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Windmill Suites in Surprise
Thunderbird Executive Inn & Conference Center

Been to Cibola Vista? Share your experiences!