“Average”

On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #55 of 287 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Mexican, Grill
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Because of my food restrictions I am limited in what I can eat. The server was friendly and helpful. The food was mediocre... but with the caveat that I have limited options anyway. I wish places like this would make more of an effort to have capabilities to handle customers with allergies. My family likes the food here and it would be nice to be able to go together.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Happy Hour is a Killer. Great Prices and Service. Weenjoyed the Margaritas and Beer. The Tapas was yummy

Reviewed May 18, 2013

A few days ago I went to my regular happy hour - not so much for the drinks (although the margaritas are one of the best in town, flavor and value wise) but for the food. What used to be half-priced appetizers is now half sized appetizers for 50% more money. To make an example: an $8. appetizer used to be $4. for 6 jalapeno poppers (fairly large I might add), now it is $3. for 3. To sum it up they increased the prices for happy hour food 50%! I need to mention that they reduced the price for their grande margarita by a mere .25 cents, hardly enough to make up for the increases on the food. We definitely will not be frequenting this place as often as are others we know.

Customers have complained and the servers have noticed a drop in customers as a result of what I see as a greedy, bad business decision. On a typical day there is usually a waiting list for the patio at happy hour on this day the patio had only 25% occupancy!

On the Border could save money in certain areas such as turning off the outside lights during the day. From morning until close the outside patio lights are on unnecessarily - we counted over 25+ light on in the middle of a bright Arizona day!

All in all it is still a good place just not as economical and now you don't have to wait for patio seating anymore.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was not impressed by this place at all, especially when you compare it to some of the other larger Mexican restaruants, in the area. Salsa was good, the chicken tortilla soup was good, but when it came to the main course, the chicken enchiladas left a lot to be desired. They were bland and it seemed, right out of the microwave. Service was ok, but we will not be going back to this restaurant.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I know it's hard to believe that a chain joint would have the best salsa in Phoenix, but it's true. Spicy and flavorful. The entrees are excellent and well priced. Never had a bad meal here.