“DUH...”

Dillon's KC BBQ Thunderbird
Ranked #4 of 283 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Kansas City Style BBQ served up in the valley of the sun!
Reviewed June 23, 2013

You are either going to like the restaurant or you won't! Some help I was? With that said, I have been there twenty times or more and like this small chain restaurant and their sister restaurants. On the other side, know a few people that don't like this restaurant at all. I have experienced great service and very poor service. I will keep going here but for someone who has never gone here expect fairly long lines, which usually is a good sign for a restaurant, and a really like or don[t like experience. Stick with BBQ items, That is their niche. I am OK with most BBQ items. Want to flip a coin on dinner...here you go!

There are newer reviews for Dillon's KC BBQ Thunderbird

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I decided to try Dillon's after we recently moved to the area. We were therer on May 18, around 4 pm. Our waitress was very pleasant but kept disappearing. Our food was just ok...my baked potatoe was cold...I finally got a new one, but she didn't take the old one away. The main reason we won't be returning is during our entire meal a group of employees were standing/seated in the middle are behind the hotess stand talking and laughing so loudly that we kept looking over to see what was going on. We never saw anyone who looked or acted like a manager. The place was run so unprofessionally. The owners need to be aware...your food isn't good enough to overlook the atmosphere.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We loved sitting on the patio at Dillon's on a sunny spring day! Great BBQ Chicken sandwich and bloody mary's. This restaurant does a great business as it has cornered the market on the lake for food. I could see us renting a boat and ordering take out for our lunch on the lake. The wait staff is cool and fun. Thanks for a great time!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a restaurant my mother and her rather picky eater partner just love. We stopped in last night - it was my first time there. Before I mention the actual food, I should mention the amazing service we received. We were there for a quick meal before a movie. We had 90 minutes to get served, eat, and be out the door on the way to the theaters. I mentioned this fact to our server who said "No problem! I'll put a rush on your order". We ordered, had our food arrive, ate and left, all without feeling rushed, in about 40 minutes (The food having arrived at our table about 10 minutes after we arrived). This was truly incredible, and highly appreciated.

We had a pulled chicken sandwich with fries, Taquillos, breaded mushrooms, and a wedge of salad, with drinks. The food was very tasty, relaxed, southwest style.

Do note, that on a Saturday night there was a line of people wanting tables. We'd called ahead for reservations, and that looks like it was a very good thing to do on a weekend.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Dillons is a great place to boat up to after a day of playing in the sun. Great food and atmosphere makes this one of our favorites at Lake Pleasant.