“Decent barbecue”

Dillon's KC BBQ Thunderbird
Ranked #3 of 281 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Kansas City Style BBQ served up in the valley of the sun!
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We have been customers on an occasional basis since opening. My late father-in-law loved this place. With his passing this was first visit in more than two years. We came in late but received a pleasant greeting and good service. My brisket was dry but I did get the last order of the day. My chicken was great. Beans, potato salad, Cole slaw ok. Wine not good but this is more of a beer drinkers place. The owners originally had just this place and personal attention was obvious. Now that it is a chain there is less personal attention but still a decent meal for not too high a price.

There are newer reviews for Dillon's KC BBQ Thunderbird

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Heard great reviews & 4 of us went - the wing and onion appetizers were great - pullede pork sandwich was loaded & very good; nacho plate was ridiculously large - enough for 2 - chicken fried steak was huge and great taste - HOWEVER - I ordered the taco salad because the picture looked good & it was awful - under the thin layer of meat, cheese and a tiny amt of salsa was nothing but large pieces of Romaine lettuce - the shell was good but stay away from this item - better at Taco Belle. Service was good - deserts fabulous - everything was terrific but the taco salad - we will be back!!!

Reviewed June 4, 2011

My family and I travel to Arizona every Juns and also in December. We have visited 3 of the Dillon's locations over the past 4 years. This place has really gone downhill. When we first went to the 59 th ave location , it was great , but we went last week and no way we would go back. I have 3 kida age 5, 12 , 14 . The atmosphere was not family friendly at all. Seems that they want to be a bar instead of a restaurant . Our server had piercings and others had tattoos , what a turn off . Our server was very unprofessional and when we asked to speak to the manager , we were told that they were busy. This place was a family restaurant that has turned into a bar that serves food and doesn't do a good job at that either. Dont waste your money .

1  Thank bradlovesfood
Reviewed June 1, 2011

My family and I came into Dillon's on my daughters 13th birthday. The experience couldn't have been any better. The service was outstanding and the pulled pork was mouth watering. My daughter had a great birthday and we walked away completely satisfied. I love this place!

Reviewed January 30, 2011

There were 3 of us, and we all ordered ribs: St. Louis style and baby back ribs. They were very dry and difficult to eat. The sauce was bland and tasteless. We were there in mid afternoon on a Sunday, so it is possible they were serving us old ribs left over from Saturday night. If they were freshly made, I can't imagine how they could have been so dry and hard. I would never go back there.

1  Thank curious_diner