“Great happy hour deals and family friendly”

Squid Ink Sushi Bar
Ranked #33 of 277 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Sushi
Pennsylvania
“Great happy hour deals and family friendly”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We've eaten here with our toddler on many occasions and there have always been other families with children there (at least before 6:30, I think it might be more of a bar crowd after). The happy hour half price appetizers are a really good deal, I especially recommend the garlic edamame and the chicken wings (surprisingly good for a sushi place!). The rolls are yummy and we've never been disappointed. They have other hot food, too, but we've never tried it. Service is friendly, but once it starts to get busy, they often get a little disorganized (but that's never stopped us from going back).

• Visited June 2013

Huntington Beach, California
“Cougar Roll Rocks”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Real crab, no rice, very tasty. Great local hangout. Good atmosphere with inside/ outside seating. Reasonably priced and great quality. Service was spot on. Bar tender kept my large Kirin light on ice and grabbed it each time my glass was low.

Visited August 2013
Woodstock, Georgia
“Great Local Place”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We tried it for lunch and it was great. Not expensive for the quality they serve. The restaurant has a great feel when you are inside and the service was very good.

Visited May 2013
AZ
“Worst sushi ever”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I ate at the downtown location which has been open for a month. The building is really cool and the staff is attentive. But this was among the worst, if not the worst, sushi I've ever had, and I eat it all over the country.
I was staying at the Kimpton in the same building, so I was excited to find a sushi bar nearby. I ordered the tempura asparagus roll, the unagi roll, white tuna and yellowtail. Of the four, only the unagi roll was edible. The rice on it was packed too loosely so it fell apart, but it tasted fine. The albacore was actually cooked thin slices of tuna, so not even sushi. Dry and tasteless. Instead of yellowtail, they served me regular tuna and when I pointed it out, they brought yellowtail that was so tough and stringy I literally could not get a bite of it. I put it down and sent it back. The asparagus was apparently served right down to the root, because the first two bites I took were so tough that I could not chew through it. I had to spit it out. I was just grateful I wasn't there with a client. I should have refused to pay for the entire meal, but I paid for everything but the yellowtail. I won't be back.

• Visited July 2013