“Great value and service”
Review of Verde Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Golf this course every trip. The verde Grill restaurant is a great way to end the game. The menu has a large selection of choices and they always have a daily special. The prices are always great and the service is top notch. Worth the trip from Scottsdale.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Living in the area offered me the opportunity to visit this establishment at leisure. I have seen it grow from a 19th hole snack shack to a reputable restaurant. The Blue Star Corp is the parent company that oversees the operation of the restaurant and has made several changes in attempts to meet the needs of the patrons.

With that out of the way let me get into the meat of the review. The management has totally remodeled, both the bar and restaurant. Wood fired pizza ovens, multiple beers on tap, revised menu options and special events highlight the facility. At one time the regulars were top priority with the restaurant, however I have noticed a change with the strict involvement of Blue Star.

Management has been changed, theme is changed, environment has changed... for the better? Not sure? Happy hour specials are not as good as before. In some cases non existent.

Am I going to say it is totally BAD...no! It is still a good place to go and enjoy a meal when the weather is great or the night time temps are low. BUT what I truly believed was a great place to go has changed great to good. Zack, the bar manager, and the wait staff are excellent people. They truly care about your dining experience.

It is a shame that the Blue Star Corp. got so involved that it took away the charm this establishment once held.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This place at Trilogy/Vistancia is truly an "if you build it they will come" to the middle of nowhere experience. Go to the edge of civilization in the northwest metro-Phoenix valley and then continue for about 10 more miles into the undeveloped desert and come upon this oasis with waterfalls, man-made streams and a beautiful development and golf course. The Verde Grill is a public restaurant at the golf course club house and seems typical of the upscale club dining facilities I've been to in the valley. We went for lunch on a beautiful sunny day and asked to be seated outside. We were immediately accommodated with a table next to a water feature overlooking the lush golf course. The menu was typical club grill choices for lunch. The service was attentive and friendly. The food was good, reasonably priced, and large portions. The wine list had a variety of good wine labels by the glass for $5-$9. We had no issues and would definitely return when we are in that area. NOTE: there was construction going on in the front of the building exterior that did not in any way affect the dining experience that day.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My bicycle club recently ate here and they did a great job of accommodating 30 of us on the patio. The service was first-rate and we enjoyed happy hour prices on all the drinks plus could order off the full menu or the bar menu. The atmosphere is spectacular with the view of the golf course.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Six us decided to try Verde Grill for the first time for dinner. We were all very disappoointed and would not return. My partner and I ordered the 2 for $40 summer dinner special. We both had a mixed garden salad that we rated good. The lettuce was crisp and included tomatoes, onions and carrots. Our appetizer of Calamari was, to say the least, barely edible. The appetizer was served luke warm and appeared to be just removed from a frozen bag with the texture and flavor of paper. We both selected the Lemon-Rosemary Chicken entree. We rated it acceptable. It was served with cheese and stuffed w/asparagus. Dessert was a chocolate cake with ice cream and whipped cream. Other guests had Mani-Mahi and a seafood pasta dish. Wait staff was competent. The view overlooking the golf course is fine. The bar area is small but pleasant with two TV screens flanking the bar. None of us would return for dinner. However, if I was playing golf at Trilogy, I would definitely try the bar menu. Verde Grill joins other West Valley average restaurants.