“Shrimp Scampi Fritta Sandwich a must try....”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #37 of 283 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Since Sweet Tomatoes closed their doors to remodel and truly make a mess of things with their new concept, they had to close their doors again because the change they made was so wrong. Field kitchen is an Army term. What were they thinking? And, why fix something that isn't broken? Oh well! So, we decided to check out the Olive Garden for lunch. This place is packed until 2:30 pm.! Expect to wait if you go during lunch or dinner time. We were seated immediately when we arrived. We both ordered the endless salad with bread sticks and a half shrimp fritta sandwich that had crispy fried shrimp with garlic, white wine butter sauce and topped with tiny pieces of arugula and marinated tomatoes for a total of $7.95, or you can also order the sandwich w/all the soup you want for the same price. The salad had more vinegar than oil so I asked the waitress to bring us a bottle of oil and she did. The shrimp was cooked perfectly and was very lightly breaded and served on delicious bread. Everything was fresh and the re order on salad, w/freshly grated cheese and bread sticks hit the spot! Although I must agree, the sticks could use some cheese on them. Service was good, and the price was fair. We will definitely return but when we can avoid the crowd and not wait! Note: The Olive Garden in Surprise does not compare to the one in Peoria!

There are newer reviews for Olive Garden

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Guest had the Stuffed Chicken Marsala which she swears by and given one bite I would have to agree that it was quite tasty and the portion was such that half went home, especially taking into consideration the salad and bread sticks, and the soup she had prior to, which was the Chicken & Gnocchi. I must say the bread sticks have changed over time as they used to be covered with a tad more Parmesan cheese and a little crispier in the old days, past few trips they looked oiled down too much without the texture of additional cheese sprinkled on. The seafood stew was an adventure, as I wasn't sure how they would present the fish in nothing but a broth/sauce without pasta (which I wanted to avoid), and so it came in a bowl. Unfortunately it was rather tasteless and I used copious amounts of salt and pepper to jazz it up. Also between the small lemon half and tomato, not sure if my stomach was going to applaud the acidity of the dish. Certainly cancelled out any chance of a cream dessert. I was introduced to a new wine, however - Moscato d'Asti Castello di Poggio which was a wonderful surprise. I have since gotten a case at AJ's after searching all over for it at many stores who were all out. Inexpensive and a joy. So this trip was a mixed bag.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I am spoiled by the Unlimited Soup and Salad served by the Olive Garden. The Soup is wonderful and very tasty. The salad is awesome and unlimited just like the soup. Many different types of soup. Service is very good and prices are very fair. We go their at least once a month. Not one reason to switch. Come enjoy their other dishes also. Excellent !

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Just don't like the sauce. Soup and salad is good. they do not ffer many choices of pasta, example no rigatoni just basic noodles. Rather go to Carraba's.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Still a good choice for an italian type feed for a good price. You can pretty much walk into any Olive Garden and get a good all around experience.

1  Thank Cpjules