“Amazing Sunglow Ranch”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pearce
Phoenix, Arizona
“Amazing Sunglow Ranch”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just returned from an amazing weekend stay with my girlfriend in Southern Arizona at The Sunglow Ranch. When we pulled up, I was stunned at the sheer beauty and character of the property and its buildings. This adorable southwest retreat is staged upon the foothills of the beautiful Chiricahua Mountains. Everything about this place is charming and elegantly understated, yet refined. The architecture, the scenery, the rolling hills, the lodging cottages, the food, the staff, the amenities available to guests and especially the professional & hospitable service. I was amazed how the staff consistently went out of their way to accommodate our requests and make our stay beyond comfortable. If you're looking for a remote, yet accessible, romantic get away or just a unique place to unwind, relax and take in beautiful Arizona, this is the place. We are already planning to return for an extended stay. A weekend just wasn't enough. Thank you Brooks and Susan for an incredible experience. We will be telling everyone about Sunglow Ranch.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SunglowManagement, General Manager at Sunglow Ranch - Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Lorenzo,
So kind of you to add your feedback here for others to see. Thank you for your support of Sunglow Ranch and for taking the time to write. These old Chiricahua Mountains have a way of surrounding our guests, providing real sanctuary for the soul. Grateful thanks to you both and all the best for an exciting new year ahead! Until next time,

Warm regards,

Direct Office Telephone: 520.824.3334
brooks.bradbury@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Sunglow Ranch was the perfect girlfriend vacation! Each year one us plan a vacation for the nine of us. This year was my turn and I picked Sunglow Ranch. I researched and read all the reviews and thought this would be the perfect place for our group. My first call to Brooks was in January for our trip in October. Brooks was so helpful and friendly every time I called with a question or request, which was one of the reasons I chose Sunglow Ranch. There was much anticipation for our trip. When we arrived at the ranch I was so amazed at how breathtaking it was! Brooks greeted us and showed us around the ranch. We spent 5 days on the ranch and there was so much to do, from horseback riding, hiking, biking, shopping, and just hanging out with good friends. The food was outstanding and all of the staff was friendly and accommodating! Brooks and his wife, Susan really know the hospitality industry! As hosts they anticipated our needs and made suggestions without being intrusive. It is not easy planning a trip for 9 women but after we left Sunglow Ranch everyone of my friends said it was an amazing place and vacation! I would recommend Sunglow Ranch to anyone looking for a beautiful, relaxing environment with great food and the best hospitality anywhere! I hope to go back someday!
Nadean

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nadean E
SunglowManagement, General Manager at Sunglow Ranch - Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Nadean,
Thank you!!! It was so wonderful to have you all with us and to help you enjoy this beautiful corner of Arizona. We hope everyone arrived home safely and that you all will keep a little of this Sunglow Ranch spirit and sunshine with you.

It was great to see how well all of you traveled together and that you get together so often to celebrate your enduring friendships. We know you're on to another destination next time--but we will always hope to see you again either as a group or individually! Hope you receive the pictures we emailed to G.

Warm wishes from Susan and I, and from all of us at Sunglow Ranch,

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My first time staying at Sunglow Ranch was an accident of sorts. I had been visiting a nearby winery, they asked if me and my friend had ever been to Sunglow, we'd not only never been but had never heard of it, and they insisted on driving us over for a visit. This was at about 3 pm in the afternoon. We were supposed to be continuing on to another town in Southern Arizona for our next overnight stay, but that didn't happen - Sunglow had an open room, we took it, and I've since been a huge fan. The property is AMAZING - beautifully updated adobe-style cottages, a well-maintained swimming pool and hot tub area with unparalleled views of the surrounding Chiricahua Mountains, a top notch restaurant in a restored territorial building with a wonderful wrap around porch, all the day activities you could imagine wanting to do at a ranch and in the nearby hills, and the nicest, most accommodating staff I've encountered at a resort in a very long time. The biggest mystery about this places is why more people don't know about it!!! I'm on a personal mission to change that. Go to Sunglow Ranch before it gets so popular that reservations are impossible, because I'm convinced more people are going to catch on sooner rather than later.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Heather,
We loved your comments! Thank you for sharing. So glad that serendipity and the recommendation of a local vineyard brought us together. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

As our guests depart, they will sometimes tell us of their intention to telling no one about Sunglow Ranch--they want to keep it a secret! We always take this as a wonderful compliment.

Sending you all good wishes and support in your personal mission to get the word out!

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Good Sunday morning to you all!

As my wife and I told Brooks, we thoroughly enjoyed our first trip to Sunglow Ranch. Brooks & Susan were phenomenal hosts. They made us feel like more than just guests from the moment we arrived.

The ranch itself is beautiful. The atmosphere is one of total relaxation, which is just what we were seeking. We loved the cabins. They were quaint, yet well kept and added to the overall enjoyment of our stay. Hiking in the Chiricahua mountains was special, too.

I, unfortunately, was in the midst of dealing with a health issue during the time that we stayed. Andrea made certain to request some "special" menu items from the chef that I would be able to enjoy. Chef Miriam not only made something special for me, she came out to ensure that it was perfect for my situation. I can assure you that is was! Camille, Shannon, and Lisa were the perfect hosts as we dined. They were attentive, polite, and friendly. Talking with them made the dining experience that much more enjoyable. I would be remiss in not mentioning Caroline, who gave the most relaxing massage ever!

We are in the midst of planning another visit. My parents live in Kentucky and plan to come to the Phoenix area in March. Our intent is to spend some time at the ranch with them as we're sure they will love it as much as we did. As a side note, we were telling my brother about our experience last night and he has expressed interest in joining us in March as well.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone in March. Thank you again for a very pleasurable experience.

Room Tip: Great view of the night sky from our bed in the Whitetail!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Larry,
You're so kind to write! It was a joy to get to know you both. We sincerely hope you're feeling better. Looking forward to welcoming you back with your parents in March! Sure hope your brother can come along too.

Warm regards and grateful thanks from all of us at Sunglow Ranch,

Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our stay at the Sunglow Ranch was simply perfect. We arrived about an hour before the official check in time, because we had booked a horseback trail ride shortly after check in. We were greeted warmly and shown around the property and certainly made to feel very welcome. On the trail ride, we were joined by the owner's charming and beautiful wife, Susan and an experienced 'wrangler', Bucky. The ride was fantastic. It gave my wife and me the chance to view the ranch and the countryside in a unique fashion. Upon our return, we enjoyed cookies and iced tea on the porch and chatted with some other guests and the hotel staff. Dinner that evening was superb and included in the price of the hotel. After dinner, we sat in the hot tub and viewed the stars for a while, then watched a movie in the comfortable community room. Breakfast the following morning was also included. It was tasty and the service was as outstanding as it had been the evening before. My wife and I planned to take the 3-mile nature hike, but changed our minds and played a round of horseshoes and a game of bocce ball instead. At checkout, the owner/manager Brooks presented us with 8 x 10 photos he had taken of us on our horses. Brooks is an extraordinary hotelier! He is caring and friendly and tremendously efficient. Our room was clean and beautiful as were all the hotel facilities. His staff are well trained and likewise friendly and helpful. We will return, hopefully very soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SunglowManagement, General Manager at Sunglow Ranch - Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Mike M.,
As I read your review it made me feel very grateful to you and proud of our entire Sunglow Ranch team for delivering such a wonderful experience for you both! Hospitality is really a gift, or even lots of little gifts that we give to others. We really enjoyed sharing our gifts with you and can't wait for your next visit!

Please let us know whenever we may be of assistance to you.

Warm regards from all of us at Sunglow Ranch,

Direct Telephone: 520.824.3334
brooks.bradbury@gmail.com
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Superb. Beautiful location ( we were much closer to the mountains than we anticipated ), excellent accommodation and facilities, great food, and service which struck the perfect balance between attentiveness and respecting the desire for peace and relaxation. Thank you

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank David and Penny C
SunglowManagement, General Manager at Sunglow Ranch - Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Penny and David,
You're very kind to take the time to provide your feedback! Thank you. It was a joy to get to know you. We are grateful for your kind support. Until next time!

Warm regards from Sunglow Ranch,

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We recently visited Sunglow Ranch for the first time, but we will definitely return. Sunglow is in a beautiful area in the foothills of the Chiricahua Mountains. The ranch is quiet, relaxing, and rejuvenating. Staff members are friendly and they clearly want visitors to enjoy visiting Sunglow. Dinner and breakfast at the café, which were included with the room, were quite good. Sunglow offers a nice contrast to large, impersonal, corporate-owned resorts. It is approachable, human scaled, and easy going. All considered, Sunglow is a pleasant place to stay and it is located with easy driving distance of several interesting destinations in southeast Arizona.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dennis C
SunglowManagement, General Manager at Sunglow Ranch - Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Dennis,
Thank you! As I read and reflected on your review it seemed to me that you captured in your words so much of the essence and spirit of Sunglow Ranch.

'Human scale' and 'personable' aptly describe this simple hideaway ranch in the mountains. Nature has really set the stage here--and we the actors on this dramatic stage strive to make our guests feel welcome and well cared for.

Perhaps it is this pristine out-of-the-way location combined with pretension-free attitudes--where one can find a modicum of service (i.e., Champagne in the hot tub) that brings those in the know from across the globe to southeastern Arizona.

With grateful thanks and appreciation,

brooks@sunglowranch.com

Been to Sunglow Ranch - Arizona Guest Ranch and Resort? Share your experiences!