“Worth It!”

Hualapai River Runners
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One Day White Water Rafting Begin to explore the Grand Canyon walls over the white water rapids of the Colorado River. Hike up to Travertine Falls, a natural waterfall, with your experienced guide. Hear about the history and culture of the Hualapai people. Look for local wildlife while enjoying lunch along the banks of the river. Continue through the Grand Canyon on a smooth water ride viewing the towering canyon from a unique perspective. Complete your adventure with a helicopter flight up to the top of Grand Canyon West, home of the Skywalk. Rafts depart from Peach Springs, Arizona on Historic Route 66 from the Hualapai Lodge and ground transportation returns you to Peach Springs. All this in just one day! 2-Day Paddle Rafting The 2-Day Paddle Rafting Trip is a weekend only excursion that will ramp off at Diamond Creek RM 225 at 8: 00 a.m. Designated stops will be held at Travertine Falls, Separation, and camping at Spencer Canyon. This trip will include lunch, dinner, breakfast and assorted snacks for paddle rafters. Operational hours will begin at Sunrise to Sunset. Cost is $650 per person and must be 12+ years of age. No additional services included.
San Antonio, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Worth It!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Ok, so there is a reason they suggest wearing rain gear even if the air is 110 degrees...the water is freezing...like 40 degrees freezing! I would have enjoyed it much more had I taken that advice, but I truly enjoyed myself anyway. Yes, the bus ride down to the water is bumpy, but the windows do open, and the bus ride home is long, but c'mon folks...be a little adventurous and quit acting so spoiled. It really isn't that bad. It was a dream trip for my family. A bucket item checked off. Yes, we got wet, cold, and a little bruised...but we rafted in the GRAND CANYON, and my daughter SWAM in the Colorado River! We saw and shared so many amazing things and had a WONDERFUL rafting trip with memories to last a lifetime! I would recommend it to anyone. BTW, the lodge is very comfortable, with VERY accommodating and friendly staff.

4 Thank Deborah M

Angier, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“My dream trip”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was the most awesome experience, I have had white water rafting on the Colorado river on my bucket list for over 20 years. It was worth the wait. We had great rapids, climbed rocks to see a very scenic waterfall, had lunch on the river, and was very fortunate to see a family of mountain goats on the canyon wall. Our guide was a lot of fun and very safe. Unfortunately, the winds were over 30 mph and we were not able to helicopter out but would not have traded this experience for anything in the world! This is the only one day trip available. Just so you are prepared, it may be 104 degrees but the water temperature is in the 40s and you will get wet.

1 Thank ckw882
Rotorua
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Amazing Adventure”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Not being a fan of white water, I was feeling quite apprehensive about going on this adventure, however I am so glad that I did! It was an experience of a lifetime! The rapids were just enough to be thrilling without terrifying. The scenery was breathtaking and allowed us to get a completely new perspective on the magnificent Grand Canyon. With the reassurance & expert aid of our guide, Ted, I was able to clamber up (and down again) into a wonderful cave to explore a waterfall It felt like discovering a hidden secret. Ted provided us with all sorts of interesting information as we made our way down the river. The packed lunch was great and I felt that we were very well looked after. There is bottled water available, so all you need to take is: a water-proof camera, hat (with a secure chin strap), sun glasses, suitable clothing (track shoes or similar and quick drying clothing) plus a few $ or a credit card to buy photos at the end.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank CathRotorua
Ajo, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WET AND WILD!!!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We just returned from our one day rafting trip with the River Runners and I want to say it was really the best ride we have ever had...My husband, daughter, granddaughter (16),grandson (14) and myself got a kick out of the great rapids and getting wet. Lunch was a deli style sandwich, chips, cold drink, and grapes. I would rate the rapids a 10 but the bus ride only a 5. The helicopter was an added treat. Everyone was super nice and helpful. Joseph was our guide and he gave us a ride to remember.

Centerburg, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“what a ride!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My grandson (11) and I went down the river with a group from Road Scholar and it was fantastic! The rapids are rough and the water is cold so be prepared. Wear long pants, a longed sleeve shirt, a hat that ties on, straps on your sunglasses and lots of sunscreen. Drink lots of water (they provide) but it helps to have a bottle you can strap on. The boat captains know what they are doing and seem to make it as rough or as easy (as possible) as they can depending on the people aboard. You WILL get thoroughly wet. The bus trip down is bumpy and beautiful. The helicopter ride to the top was great. The bus trip back to the lodge was long -- around 3 hours I think .. bring extra snacks which you can pack in one of their dry bags. We also some clothes to change into .. but really not needed since you dry off really quickly in the sun and heat.