“Scary!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Scary!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2010

I was unable to select the correct date, but it was back in November of 2004. The lady at the front desk was the devil! My mom and 12 year old niece were in the pool when I went to ask for towels for the pool. She said that the pool was for guests only. I told her that I was a guest and that my mom and niece had their own room as well. So she unhappily gave me the extra pool towels. Then I asked her for extra room towels, as there were only two, but we had a two year old and need a 3rd towel. She said that there were only 2 towels per room. Can you believe that? I swear that this is true! She hesitantly gave me a third towel and I angrily said "What is your name so I can report you to management?". (Keep in mind that we had already spent $75.00, at the Payson Walmart, on hotel room food that was already put away in the provide fridge). The lady absolutely lost it when I asked her name. She told us to get the rest of my family, pack up and move out. I told her that I wasn't going anywhere and she said "You wanna bet?" Well, she called the Payson police and when they came, they made us leave. She stood there at our door laughing at us the whole time. I even called Days Inn 'headquarters' and they said that each hotel is a franchise and that there was nothing they could do about it. This entire review is the honest to God's truth and I left out nothing. Tell me, does this sound legal to any of you?

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank jandasma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Aarau, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

Long story short: Annoingly slow "fast internet", to the point of not beeing usable at all.
Staff friendly (at least in while in contact with customer).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
San Tan Valley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

We came up a day early to go swimming and have a little family getaway. VERY disappointed in the pool. It was so cold you could not breath... It is very clean but if you are going here to swim DON'T it is not a great place for this. The rooms are like any other hotel you hear everything in the rooms next to you. IF you want a place to crash that is clean this is it but not to swim and have a good time

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

Stayed here for one night,en route south. Nice clean hotel. Checked in ok, nice polite guy on reception.Good value,we had a two queens bed suite, nice spacious room,fridge,coffee
maker,t.v. etc.The breakfast area was clean,and spacious,good choice of food and drinks. Good Inside swimming pool which we used.Free car parking,good location for restaurants and shops, and only minutes away in walking distance.Well worth the stop over.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Prescott
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

We stayed on 5/25/2010 and Bobby was exceptional!!! Very polite and went out of his way to make our stay amazing!! The room was beautiful!! Jacuzzi / fireplace and King bed!! Very reasonable rates and customer service was the best I've seen in a very long time!!! Unfortunately, we are moving to Minnesota and hopefully will be back to visit and stay @ the Days Inn in Payson, AZ again!!
Keep up the great work Bobby and staff!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jo_mama_baby
Maricopa, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

Stopped here because we were too tired to drive on after hiking in the White Mountains. The staff were very nice. Room was clean, bed was comfortable but the walls were thin. You could hear EVERYTHING going on in the room next to you. If I was not so exhausted would never have fallen asleep.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kurukupaa
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

I stayed here July 13 & 14. It is a nice motel, nothing fancy. Indoor pool and average continental breakfast. Near food and shopping. Bealls outlet and Family Dollar next store. Burger King in the parking lot and a few other places to eat. Denny's across the street. The room was clean. Figuring out how to lug the luggage up to the room was a challenge. Found the other side was easier to access. I had a pleasant stay. Large vanity in the bathroom. Refrigerator and microwave. Air conditioning moderately noisey, needs updating. I opened the windows at night, on the second floor. I felt safe.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo