Kohl's Ranch Lodge
Quality Inn Payson(Payson)(Great Value!)
$76
QualityInn
$57
$68
Majestic Mountain Inn(Payson)(Great Value!)
$87
Days Inn & Suites Payson(Payson)(Great Value!)
$89
$81
Comfort Inn Payson(Payson)(Great Value!)
$85
$82
Agoda.com
$60
$60
$120
Travelocity
All reviewstonto creekhorseback ridingstudio roombocce ballputting greendiamond resorthot tubget awayfull kitchenonsite restaurantoutdoor gamesmini golfsmall kitchenettefish hatcheryelectric fireplacerim countryking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have had mixed reviews about this place. I have been a frequent visitor over the last few years and I cannot emphasize how much I enjoy the serenity of the river, peaceful grounds and wildlife around the cabins. It is a nice, cool getaway for Phoenix residents in summer time. My last visit was very nice. We had booked a cabin with a Jacuzzi over the phone but when we arrived for check in we were given a cabin without a Hot Tub. Normally my easy going nature would let it go but I specifically chose this place so I can hot tub with a glass of wine. The gentleman working the front talked to the manager and they arranged for me to have my ideal room with just an hour wait. I was very grateful that things worked out. I have had some issues with communication in the past as well but I feel the company is making improvements. I will be back and if I can get through my next visit without any hiccups I may add an extra star to my next review :)

Room Tip: Get a cabin by the river during the week for a cheaper rate.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank NewSerenitySpa
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I were traveling through Arizona and chose Kohl’s Ranch from an internet search. The property was lovely! We stayed in a two-bedroom house that was impeccably clean and had all the amenities we could want. The staff was friendly and accommodating to our requests. We were on the creek and enjoyed wine on the back porch at night and coffee in the morning. There were plenty of activities for the family and I love that they had scheduled events throughout the week if interested. I wish we had more time to stay at Kohl’s Ranch and I would definitely come back!

4  Thank Donna J
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We spent 3 nights here as a gift from our children...the studio apartment was spacious with a microwave, mini refrig and coffee pot.....a lovely lawn view from the sliding glass doors,,the patio area had a small table and 2 chairs great for bird watching or just sitting back and reading a good book....the beds were very comfortable with firm mattresses, fluffy pillows and nice linens...we played bocci ball, some mini golf, took a walk by the creek and just relaxed...unfortunately we couldn't recommend the restaurant...., limited selection and the quality was fair at best...it is a perfect place to get away for a few days if you're looking for some rest and relaxation.

1  Thank Alice099
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

We've stayed here a few times in the Spring and Summer and really enjoyed it. It's not an overly fancy hotel but if your looking for a laid back getaway in the woods you've come to the right place. The kids really loved the backyard play set and the sports court plus playing by the creek was a real treat for those of us from the desert. You can even go fishing right there outside the hotel. The hammocks were a lovely spot to relax too :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank redfreakUA
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was in serious need of a "get-away" so we booked two nights at Kohl's Ranch -- our first time to stay there. We had a two-bedroom cabin, creek-side, with a terrific deck and its own hot tub. Being there on week nights before school lets out, it was very peaceful and pleasant. My guess is that summer weekends are probably not so quiet.

The facility itself was lovely -- no complaints. The problems relate to what we didn't know (especially since we booked ahead and they had ample opportunity to communicate with us) -- first, that the restaurant was closed while we were there. The saloon also was closed our first night, but we got a great dinner in the saloon the second night. Second, they had told us when we booked that the wifi there was unreliable, so we didn't take a laptop. When we got there -- they had a new system and working wifi! It would have been nice (and good marketing) to let us know ahead! (There is an available computer in the lobby, if you're desperate.)

We asked (at check-in) if there was still a restaurant at Christopher Creek and were told yes! Plus a small market. Off we go to Christopher Creek (about 4 miles), only to discover that the restaurant regularly is not open any of the nights we'll be there. REALLY annoying that the lodge staff 1) didn't know,or 2) didn't say.

The cabin had a well-equipped small kitchen, so we stocked up from the market to cover the next few meals. (Not the "vacation" I had pictured.)

This was a two-bedroom with a tv in each bedroom AND the living room. The cabin is all knotty pine with little to absorb sound. Drying my hair in the bathroom was loud for my husband watching tv in the front room. Be aware of the potential for minimal privacy and maximum noise.

We would stay here again. We'd just be a lot more precise in asking questions, and avoid the busy season. Fall should be lovely.

2  Thank JanetLJ