“Great place for the second time around!”
Review of Motel 6 Payson

Motel 6 Payson
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Payson
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great place for the second time around!”
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We stay here due to the location and affordability. The rooms are clean and comfortable for the rates. Reading the other reviews, it seems like people need to stay at a hotel if you can't handle the surroundings. This is a safe area and near the roads, so you are bound to see strangers nearby. We like staying in the fireplace room and enjoy the jacuzzi/pool. There is a beautiful hiking trail nearby called Horton Creek.

We recommend this place!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I was in Payson to enjoy my friends performing at the casino, an Elton John Tribute band. I just needed a place to clean up and possibly get a few hours sleep. Paysonglo was the right location and the right price and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. The room was clean with plenty of amenities and the heater worked just fine. I didn't have the opportunity to grab breakfast, as it was back to Phoenix for another show in town. I've been to the Paysonglo Lodge before and I'll be back again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Kayla_Phoenix
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed November 11, 2010

It has been nearly 30 years since I stayed at this location though I have passed it often. It is under new ownership and it is a subtle gem for those that desire cleanliness and basic amenities with excellent service and value. In front of the entrance stands an interesting statue of St. Michael that gives an impression of stability and adherence to a set of values that once made for a kinder, gentler and more homogenous society here in these Untied States.

The rooms are small; though there is a deluxe section with larger rooms, fireplace rooms, etc., it desired, especially for those with families - an environment I avoid like the plague. The no pets policy is offset by rooms accomodating those with service dogs. The rooms are well appointed without the cheesy look and style of the chain motels. A comfortable lobby with breakfast tables and a fireplace is clean and well organized. It also has outside doors that allow you to park just outside your room, a very big plus in my selection of accomodations.

The breakfast, currently offered, needs a little work as there is nothing warm except the coffee, tea and toast. But, I don't require a breakfast so it works for me. If there is a downside, there is just a bit of traffic noise on the side street, but Payson is hardly a bustling urban center with folks banging about all the night through. There is a interesting sign in the lobby stating that the establishment caters to senior citizens and expect quiet from 8:00PM to 8:00AM - a very nice touch that insures against the rude and discourteous conduct exhibited by customers in other motels.

The manager is Larry and he was genuinely sincere, courteous and friendly in a way that makes the commercial "friendliness" of chain motels very pale indeed. For a single guy travelling with a Service K-9 and needing a quiet place to shut down, the Paysonglo Lodge is great and as often as I travel through Payson it has become my preferred and regular lodging.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Small quaint hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness off rooms and hotel staff was very helpful and very compassionate! I will definitely stay there again and recommended this hotel to all my friends! Thank you.

• Stayed October 2010
Cottonwood, Arizona
Reviewed April 20, 2010

my wife wentt to the circle k at about 10;00 when she steped out of the room,she was met by three shady looking men,she quickly came back inside and told me about them ,i am a conceled weapon instructor and grabbed my gun, we went out of the door and were approched by them, i pulled my firearm and they ran off ,my wife eas teriffed we left to andother hotel, the other thing is the toilet rocked the "upgraded room" was located offf site from the main hotel, the room was tacky at best, we stayed the remainder of our vist at the days inn, much better hotel

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Payson hotels

phoenix
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We stayed at the hotel on the 1st and 2nd of january. We traveled with my son and his wife and our 2 dogs. They only had 1 room for the dogs and that was ok and they reduced the cost some for them. Our bed was so hard that we had a hard time getting any rest. The heater was less than 24 inches from the bed and it was either cold or hot not much room for adjustment. We came home exhusted because of the beds. the hotel is nice, clean and quite. If the beds were in better shape i would recommend it but with the current beds i would not.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed December 23, 2009

This is a great value for the money. Pleasant, independently-owned accommodation in a beautiful little town. My partner and I stayed only one night, on our way back to Phoenix from Utah. Payson is a sleepy little town with some nice little restaurants. You could easily spend a few days here exploring the outdoors and scenery. The Paysonglo was the perfect hotel for us.

(Some previous reviewers complained about the heating units in the rooms. We found that if we had nothing near the unit (i.e. pull the chair away from the unit), the heating unit had an easier time determining the room temp since nothing was blocking it.)

There is a great breakfast spot right next to the hotel. Perfect!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple