“Clean, friendly but poor bed”
Review of Motel 6 Payson

Motel 6 Payson
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Payson
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Very clean, remodeled motel with nice staff. Continental breakfast was Spartan but in line with the cost of a room. Rooms are small but adequate (again in line with price). Parking lot is narrow - not good for large vehicles. Road noise was minimal. The mattress and bed springs badly needed replacement. I awoke with a sore back. The poor bed quality will keep me from booking again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Old motel with very small rooms and lacking of any sense of luxury or comfort. The room itself was barely large enough to contain the king size bed and tv. Rock hard matress was nearly unbearable. The room I stayed in was apparently adjacent to the water heater. Every time that someone took a shower or otherwise used hot water in any of the nearby rooms, you could hear the water heater popping and gurgling thorugh the wall.

Hot water was very limited in the shower. Even turned all the way to hot, the showers that I took were luke warm at best. The shower head was so calcified that it wasn't much more than a dribble. I was able to clean some of the nozzles with my fingernail to get a little more water, but come on! They need to spend a couple of bucks on a jar of Lime Away once in awhile.

The free breakfast was limited to cereal, coffee, toast, donuts and bananas.

I'll rate this hotel with 2 dots instead of one because:
The Wi-Fi worked well.
The room was clean.
The noise from outside was not bad.
The area seemed secure enough to me.

Room Tip: The area that I stayed in was the main, older motel. There is an annex to the hotel across the stre...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We got two rooms that connected. One of the non-smoking rooms reeked of smoke. The other room had no remote. My daugher got stuck in the bathroom. In the morning I was awakend by all of the traffic, even though the manager indicated their was no traffic noise. When I went to shower I got locked in as the handle did not work. I had to have the maintenance man pass tools through a bathroom window, while I was only in a towel, to get myself out. It took a half an hour. The manager promised me a credit for the second room, but did not do it.

Room Tip: Don't stay by the road. Get a room in the back.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

It was many years before that we stayed there.That is why I dedcided to stay again. The pool looked like it could use a good srcubbing.Hottub was out of order and nasty dirty,also the pool chairs were so dirty. The bed was so hard I was sore the next morning.The so called continental breakfast was dry bread and old fruit.They also took sunny delight labeled it OJ.YUCK!!!!!! This once nice place is now So Badly Run Down.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank hotelloveryecreek
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We had a block of rooms for a sporting event blocked, then all of a sudden the owner, Larry" after multiple calls to him, finally said "sorry, we are giving your block to another team, as they can guarentee a 2 night stay" He basically said "too bad" Other hotels in the area that we called to get rooms, said he does this quit often and is known for this.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank reddirtmover
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We stay here due to the location and affordability. The rooms are clean and comfortable for the rates. Reading the other reviews, it seems like people need to stay at a hotel if you can't handle the surroundings. This is a safe area and near the roads, so you are bound to see strangers nearby. We like staying in the fireplace room and enjoy the jacuzzi/pool. There is a beautiful hiking trail nearby called Horton Creek.

We recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I was in Payson to enjoy my friends performing at the casino, an Elton John Tribute band. I just needed a place to clean up and possibly get a few hours sleep. Paysonglo was the right location and the right price and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. The room was clean with plenty of amenities and the heater worked just fine. I didn't have the opportunity to grab breakfast, as it was back to Phoenix for another show in town. I've been to the Paysonglo Lodge before and I'll be back again!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo