“Christopher Creek Lodge; very relaxing”

Christopher Creek Lodge
Ranked #1 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Payson
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“Christopher Creek Lodge; very relaxing”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Christopher Creek Lodge very much. We were given a nicer cabin because it was available. The staff is very friendly and also very knowledgable about things to do in the area. We want to stay there with all the kids over the Holidays when it snows.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed October 16, 2012

For the second time this year, my two boys (and our dog) spent the night at the lodge. Not only do I find it very accomodating and comfortable (i have stayed in both a Pioneer Cabin and a Tandom), but my children love being right on the ceek, running through the woods, playing in kiddie area, and the bunk beds (of course)...there is a corner store w/i walking distance for the "oops forgot to pack that" item, and the staff is friendly and courteous. Albeit we prefer to "tent it", this second time around actually has me thinking that this is the way to go. I can assure anyone considering the cabin gig, this place Rocks, and we will for sure be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The service was excellent. Any information I need it was a well explained with details from the manager “his name was Brandon, nice guy”. Clean place. My family loves it.
Fish in a morning relax the rest of the day. Lot of blue birds they look a like exotic birds they are everywhere. Night time is melting you soul sound of crickets, frogs, birds” the sound was coming from the trees must of been a birds”.
Simply if you want to get away from the city this a perfect place. Don’t expect 5star hotel everything there is a natural- rustic cabin blending with a nature outside and clean and cozy inside. I will wait for the snow next time to get up there.

Room Tip: Just book the trip. The only thing you can choose is the size of your cabin that you want
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Sold all of our camping equipment when we moved to AZ. This place gives me all the great "feelings" of camping, without all the inconveniences (especially during the rainy night)!

Don't expect perfection - a bit of water damage in bathroom, not so comfy bed (I took my foam pad) and only 1 soft chair - but like I said - better than camping and exactly what I was prepared for - even better! Wood stove, miicrowave, small fridge, hot shower, tv. We had a roaring campfire in the woods. Loved the place. We were in tandem unit. A cabin on the. creek would be lovely, but it's just the 2 of us. The office was friendly and very helpful with our questions re: the area. We'll be back, for sure"

Room Tip: We had A1 - an end unit. teeny tiny parking space, but nice bbq and next to campfire pit. The cabin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mormad
Florence, Arizona
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family and I wanted to get out of the valley heat and head up North. My wife and I packed up all four of our kids ranging from 8 years old down to 2 months old and stayed at Christopher Creek Lodge. The staff is extremely accommodating and friendly. There's a little store nearby where we picked up some logs for the fire, and charcoal for the grill outside our cabin. It was in walking distance and on the way we passed a very inviting restaurant. We had to pass 'cause we were grilling out after all. We stayed in the tandem, and the we loved it. The two oldest were in the top bunk, our 21 month old was in a pack and play, and the baby slept with my wife and I in the bottom bunk. It had every thing we needed and was comfortable. It had a rustic charm, and we'll definitely go again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Matt B
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hi everyone.. these are my comments on my very first stay at this establishment..
Aug 30th n 31st, 2012 I rented (1 night stay) A4 (tandem room) and was very exciting to be their..
very rustic decor, comfy bed.. pleanty of room for me as I came alone...
my room was clean and everything in its proper place.
Service was most excellent.. Angela and her son Brecken made me feel more then wlecome..
Brecken showed me the motel rooms and other cabins as well (upon my request)
Brecken showed marvolous knowledge of the place, cabins and the area...

I had the most relaxing and wonderful experience ever..

I would recomend that if you have the chance to stay at Christopher Creek Lodge, do so...
I prefer during the week and more off season to avoid crowds... but thats me...

thank you again for a awesome experience..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Back to basics. It is not fancy by any means. It is not the Super 8, Best Western Nor Motel 6. What it is, is a unique slice of heaven. There is no room service, telephone in room or cell service. You're back to basics! For me the enviorement was very rustic. We stayed in the Trail Bunk. For my family of 3 it was just perfect! It is smaller than I had expected but considering we did not vacation there for the room it made no difference to us. A good rule of thumb is when you arrive and plan on using their appliance, cookware and serving items...clean them. Not saying they're dirty, just saying I'm a bit of a germ freak. The Trail Bunks come with a sliding glass door so you're never cut off from nature. There is no air conditioner nor swamp cooler, however they do provide a box fan and has a ceiling fan to circulate the air. During the day we left the door open and it was pleasent. I did take my own fan cause I sleep with one and weren't sure if they had one. The beds are not very comfortable but considering we could feel the springs we slept fine. Enough of all that.....they have a tiny playground and a tiny two story playhouse, also lent my daughter a bike to ride. :) The creek is close by and fun to hop along on the rocks. The night time was by far the best for me. I grew up in the country ( now live in the city next to a busy BUSY road) and would fall asleep listening to the sound of the frogs and other night time critters. With the creek being right there it was the most beautiful sound and brought back lots of fond memories. We ARE going back and will continue. The office was friendly and helpful. Just good people and a great place.

Room Tip: If you have more than 4 people rent a cabin.
Stayed July 2012, traveled with family