“Just average mexican food”

El Rancho Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 72 Restaurants in Payson
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Sadly, this is one of the better Mexican places in Payson, but the food is just average. We went on a weeknight and it was fairly busy. There was one kid that seemed to be the server for about 7 tables so we had to wait a little bit to get drinks and put our order in. Unfortunately they don't have too many vegetarian options like a lot of Mexican places. They put pork in the green sauce and make the beans with lard so I ended up having enchiladas with rice. I'm not in a hurry to go back here, but the other options in Payson seem to be worse.

1  Thank Lager023

Reviewed August 2, 2012

First of all the owners arent even mexican.. the decor is pretty interesting, but they always manage to screw up your order, if u don't want sour cream on anything the waiter whines and complains and tells u to choose something that doesnt contain sour cream.... he shows up late or at inapproriate times, he expects big tips.. more then one person has gotten stomach flu from this place... I dont even think they know what they are doing half the time.. alot of the time the food comes cold.. the chips are salty the salsa is very bland.. Its best if u go elsewhere for Mexican food.. avoid this place.. I came here a few times and each time I leave disappointed and I believe half of u will as well..

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were in the mood for Mexican food and decided to give El Rancho a try. On the plus side, the service was very fast even though we thought our waitress was overworked. We never had to wait to get our waitresses attention. This is contrary to many reviews we had seen previously. The chips and salsa were very good. The main course was just okay. I would call it totally average. I'm sure that if we have another Mexican food craving in Payson, we will go somewhere else.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Good Food . Prices are not bad. Staff is great. You get a discout if you stay at comfort suite

Reviewed July 5, 2012

The food is very good and has a nice bar area. The service was good in there to even tho it was busy.