“Great Burgers and Sandwiches”
Review of Macky's Grill

Macky's Grill
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Payson
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Burgers and Sandwiches”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

When we want a good burger in Payson, we go to Mackeys. The service is prompt, friendly and the value is great. The cowboy theme is reflective of Payson and well done without being overdone. The outdoor seating is very nice. The burgers are excellent, the fries crisp and flavorful. They have a godd variety to choose from and we have never been disappointed. Their soups and sandwiches are also generous and well seasoned. We enjoy visiting at least 1-2 times a month. There are many regulars and the atmosphere is family oriented and warm.

• Visited August 2012

Payson, Arizona
“Friendly Food”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Food is good, wide ranging menu, reasonable prices, friendly staff. There is indoor & patio seating and a good selection of beers. What more does one need.

Visited May 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia
“A new favorite place to eat in Payson!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Before heading north through Payson, I checked out the reviews for various restaurants in town and decided to give Macky's a try. So glad we did! The place feels new, very clean, comfortable and inviting. The western decor fits right in with Payson. We were there at 3pm on a Thursday, so hardly anyone was there, which is expected. We were seated, had our order taken and served promptly. My bacon cheeseburger (pictured above) was piled high with lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, bacon (of course) and my choice of cheese (cheddar). I had the option to get a 1/4 pound or 1/2 pound of meat. I chose the smaller one and glad I did because I wouldn't have been able to finish anything more. Looks like the 1/2 lb burger is just two quarter pound burgers instead of one larger burger, which seems fine to me. The staff was very attentive and cheerful. We'll definitely make this a regular stop when we're heading through town. And if you're up for dessert on the way out, they're just a few doors down from Scoops Ice Cream Shop, which we've enjoyed in the past.

• Visited August 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Eat where the locals eat”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Step into your choice of a warm, cozy family restaurant filled with friendly staff and lots of locals or head outside to enjoy the open air patio where dogs are welcome with water bowls and you can enjoy the tall pines. Macky's is set off the Bee Line and Main St. in Payson next to the movie theater. The menu is filled with all the fun stuff you want when your tummy is empty, good burgers, great salads, chicken fried steak and home made pies are just a few of the temptations that are reasonably priced and piled on plates with sides of homemade cole slaw and fresh cut fries. They serve wine and beer and plenty of hospitality. You'll want to go back for seconds!

Visited August 2012
Payson, Arizona, United States
“Wonderful”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I go here all the time, the food is very inexpensive, but very delicious, I never have any problems, but I am a local I don't know about flat landers, they seem to dislike the place but most the town dislike them lol, but anyways, I love this place. I love the Ooey gooey burger, I love the Tilapia as well :) its a very awesome place

Visited August 2012