“Don't hesitate”

Zane Grey Country Barbecue at Kohl's Ranch Lodge
Ranked #16 of 72 Restaurants in Payson
Cuisines: Barbecue, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Zane Grey Country BBQ is located inside Kohl's Ranch Lodge, near Tonto Creek in the largest Ponderosa Pine Forest in the world. Our menu is simple, authentic smoked "Barbecue & Great House Made Pizza."
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Good overall especially given the area and your other options. Won't be bad and can be quite good. Kohl's Ranch is very nice overall and in a great location. .

Reviewed September 27, 2013

O.K. So it's not a classic "fine dining" type of place. However the food was Excellent. I had the Pork chops which were juicy and tender. They were seasoned with Rosemary and other spices (a little over seasoned for me, but definitely delicious. I also had the Prime rib sliders at the bar. They were beyond excellent. I told the person who runs the bar (sorry, I don't remember your name). Anyway, I told him that the room was nice, the setting of the hotel was also to my liking, however it was the sliders and other food that will be bringing me back. I only wish that the regular prime rib dinner had been on the menu for more nights besides Saturday and Sunday. Our loss this time, however with better planning, we'll have it next visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have gone to the Zane Grey Dining room at Kohl's Ranch Lodge several times. The Prime Rib on Saturdays is by far the BEST we have had in all the world. Tender, juicy and always a nice cut. The smoked Prime Rib is truly a valid reason to go to this place.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very lean and the Hickory Smoke flavor was delicious. My husband said it was the best Prime Rib he has ever had. The bread was perfect. The baked potato was a little old and not fluffy. The BBQ beans were terrible I thought ; Pinnacle Peaks taste the best. The waitress was an odd sort, at times we could not find her and other times she seemed mechanical. Brad made us feel welcome and promised the Prime would be the best ever and he was genuinely right! Without his warm inviting spirit, the customer service would have lacked.The skillet chocolate chip cookie was just ok in my book and I would never order it again; the ice-cream was low quality, the cookie flavor was lacking and it came overcooked. The ambience is fantastic with lots of rustic history that is charming and not commercial gaudy. I would go here again in a heartbeat for their extraordinary Prime Rib. They could improve on other things but not the Prime, it is the BEST!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We ate here for breakfast as soon as it opened so it was not very busy. Our hot chocolate was watered down. The elk sausage patties were decent. The elk sausage & biscuits were okay. The kid's french toast was made with sourdough so the children did not care for it. We had a lot of food leftover because the portions were huge and food average. This restaurant would do better to focus more on quality instead of quantity.