“Wow! Pancakes!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Every time we pass through Payson, we stop here and have the most wonderful pancakes ever! Love them! And the service is always excellent.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We live in north central phoenix and eat at non chain restaurants like Postinos, St Frances, and Rokerij. At the Beeline Cafe my family ate a burger, BLT, Barbecue beef, grilled chicken, and coleslaw. All dishes were made with fresh bread and vegetable, and were cooked properly. We were all very happy. We finished with an excellent slice of apple pie. The Beeline Cafe is just a little dinner but, we all agreed we will be stopping by again next time we drive through.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stopped for desert and coffee. This is a great little diner with a lot of character...a trip back in time. Pecan pie was one of the best I have had - and I grew up in the South where I have had a LOT of pecan pie. Coffee was good ole diner coffee. I will stop here again when driving through Payson.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Most people when they go into a restaurant want the staff to wipe their butts, in a greasy spoon it doesn't work that way. They're there to serve you and that's it! People need to stop writing nasty reviews about greasy spoons as if they were expecting 5 star service. The service in this restaurant is good. I did not have a rude waitress and my food was delivered hot and timely. The food is excellent. I personally am a fan of greasy spoons because the food has more soul. I also have never had an over easy egg cooked properly until coming here and I have been in many restaurants. The second time we ate there we had carry out as we were camping at the Houston Mesa Campground and the food was done quickly, the fries weren't soggy and everything was good as usual.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

What a fun experience. My husband and I randomly arrived in Payson and saw this unique café. What a fabulous choice. Linda was a lot of fun and a great server. The locals were so helpful with their advice on what to see in town....even though sunset was just minutes away. (We decided to return from Scottsdale the next day to experience the Apache Trail area and other suggestions.) The food was yum and we both enjoyed our homemade pie (banana - was especially delicious!)

Get some postcards of this little café....put the history (that was on the menu) on to the postcards. I would buy a couple.

Been to Beeline Cafe? Share your experiences!