“So very good!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Journigan House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“So very good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have spent a few days in Payson a couple of times. Someone at the Chamber recommended this restaurant to us and so we went for lunch. The BBQ sandwich on a pretzel bun was by far the best BBQ sandwich we've ever tried (baby back rib meat). The french fries didn't need ketchup or anything else. The seasoning was amazing. We also got a large salad that Jimmy offered to have the kitchen custom make for me. They are very accommodating, very friendly, and a great experience over all! We're going back the next time we're in town and we'll maybe try the crab cakes and halibut which we heard was also great! Though it might be hard to pass up that sandwich!

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank DavandTam

Phoenix, Arizona
“Not Impressed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Not impressed. We arrived around 5 for dinner and were told there was a large party that had reserved the patio, so we sat inside. The atmosphere is comfortable - they've done a great job keeping an authentic feel. The 2 servers in our section were painfully new (one stated that he had just started) so they were not very familiar with the menu. When I asked if they had a pinot noir, I was met with a blank stare so I asked if they had a house red wine. She assured me that they did have a chardonnay. Hmm....ok. not a good sign. We ordered the calamari, which was very good. Our dinners came with a choice of soup or salad bar. I chose the gumbo which I was warned was spicy. It was and was also quite tasty. My husband chose the 'salad bar'. He stated that it was ok but they needed to work on their presentation. I did not get the salad bar because the dressings were not stored on the chill table but were in a metal pan on a counter, unrefrigerated. We both ordered steak. I had the sirloin which, on the menu, was either naturally grilled or marinated in their sauce. I asked for the marinated and received another blank stare. (Sigh) I always order medium rare since most restaurants tend to overcook it a bit. Journigans does a true medium rare, so I had them cook it a bit more. The steak was fairly tender but not very flavorful. The baked potato was fine but the green beans were obviously straight out of a can. Service was sporadic - now you see them, now you don't. All in all this is not a place I would recommend. The fact that they do not refrigerate the salad dressings makes me wonder about the rest of the food.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank MT_Mom59
Peoria, Arizona
“My "go to" restuarant in Payson!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was visiting my folks in Payson this week and saw the sign as I was driving in from the valley. I love ghosts so I told my parents I wanted to go eat there. We had the most amazing lunch!! Prime rib sandwiches were amazing! Their onion petals are a must! I told my parents this is our "go to" place every time I visit! The staff was so attentive and so amazingly nice!! Would highly recommend!!

3 Thank LittleMom2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Best Patio in Payson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Great patio plus roomy inside. Historical locations. Best burgers..$4 on Tuesdays. Call about their daily species.

3 Thank wayoutwestphotos
Tucson, Arizona
“Good place for Beef, Ribs, & Chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had a wonderful Rib-eye, and my wife had Chicken & Ribs. Not expensive, but very good. We ate lunch the next day on her left-overs, and the doggies had some delicious pieces of beef fat when we got home. Even the string-beans were very good. Took a while (not long) to get a drink, as the kids serving had to wait for the barkeep to serve beer & Black Russians. Very nice place, would take friends there, and go again ourselves.

4 Thank Ed S