“Great place with great food and service!”
Review of Journigan House - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Payson, Arizona
“Great place with great food and service!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I took my family to the Historical Journigan House for dinner a few nights ago and let me tell you it was the best experience! The food was amazing and the service was the best! The girls that work there are so fun and professional all in one! We will definitely be returning soon!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Familylady2014

Colorado
“This place needs help......”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This "restaurant " is in a great historic home that is advertised as haunted..... But the only reference i saw in the restaurant were ghosts on the staff shirts. Great historical photos but the place needs a decorator...... Big empty feel and no justice done to those photos. There were four tables in my section with customers which made room for at least 50 more people. Two waitresses........ One was attentive but mine was not. But still thought she could call me "Hun"..... News flash, Attila was a Hun not me. Service was annoyingly slow with her appearing over worked and breathless the 3 times she showed up during my hour and ten minute meal. She never took any dirty dishes away' took 15 minutes to bring me a glass of wine..... Would have loved to have had a second glass...... But she's nowhere to be found. Waited 15 minutes for her to bring me the check as I sat looking at dirty dishes and en empty wine glass. Food was good, not great although the steak was well cooked. The salad bar was not so much unimaginative as it was carelessly put together . I travel to Payson regularly to eat. I may give this place another chance but not any time soon......Hun.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank oct2447
“This is a bar and pool hall NOT a restaurant!!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Tried to eat here twice...unsuccessful at getting any service either time. The bar and pool hall had plenty of wait staff, but the restaurant was deserted at 9 o'clock on a Friday night. No host to seat us after a 5 minute wait. Wandered around to find the dining area deserted except for a girl setting tables. When we asked if the dining room was closed, she said, "No." And showed no further interest in us. Thinking that it was a fluke, we decided to try again on Saturday night at 7. Same thing...loud bar full of people and waitstaff. The dining room had three tables all seated. So, without a host...AGAIN... we wandered in and found a very frazzled young man who took our drink order then never returned. I mean, so if you want guests to seat themselves, then don't have a host station with a sign that says "Please Wait To Be Seated"!!! As we are waiting and getting a little cranky, we see the other three tables (with no drinks) all getting up to leave. We did the same and are not sorry we wasted no more time or money on that place again!!! The manager really fell down on the job by not adequately training the waitstaff. We predict it will soon not even try to pretend it is restaurant anymore and just become the pool hall and bar they seem to want to be!!!

Visited March 2014
5 Thank AllyDru
Brookville, Ohio
“Awful”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

It's been a long time since I've had a meal this bad. The prime rib was cold and gray, we sent it back. The steak was even worse. Raw and gristly. Mashed potatoes cool and lumpy. Vegetables lifeless and tasteless

• Visited March 2014
6 Thank AnnaLemons
“Hauntingly Enticing!!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyable place with great patio and nice atmosphere! You will be "haunted" to come to this history mark in Payson enjoying tempting treats such as enticing cheesecakes from the cheesecake factory! Fun live music, karaoke, poker and pool tournaments make this a great place to relax! Customer friendly and great serving staff make me come back! Check it out!

• Visited March 2014