“Nice, but a bit pricy.”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Payson
Peoria, Arizona
“Nice, but a bit pricy.”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I hesitate to say anything bad about our stay, because to be honest, we had a very nice time. We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms which meant we had a fireplace and a full sized hot tub. The room was very well laid out, very clean and modern. The shower/toilet area of the bathroom was a bit lack-luster, it was clean and the shower was HUGE, but it just seemed a bit dated and commercial. The property is a cluster of buildings, some are single story buildings consisting of several rooms (consider cabins around a lake) others were more traditional two-story structures with rooms above and below. They all backed up to a common wooded area. It was nice, but you felt a little crowded and sitting on the back porch meant sitting with your neighbor if he happened to be out there at the same time. Still, nice place for your morning coffee. Ok, so why my hesitation. We paid $130 for the night and that was supposed to include breakfast. I guess for that kind of money in Payson, I just expected something...better. Hard to put my finger on it. During the week, they cater to construction workers (painters, etc) and depend on them to pay the rent. No problem, expect that when we got up on Sunday to go to breakfast, there they were in their construction clothes, snarfing down their meal. Again, I understand, it's just not the feel I would expect for the money. As for breakfast, we'll let me just say that we went to Miss Fits. It was a buffet lay out, the "eggs"I looked like pancakes and there was little else but granola. Not what we were looking for In summary, it was a nice lodge, I just think it's a bit over priced, but let me end on a high note (insert Mel Brooks reference), it was clean, the staff very kind, reservations easy and the location was excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Majestic Mountain Inn is honestly nothing special, but to paraphrase my client here in town, the Marriot and Hilton chains have not yet discovered Payson, AZ. It's the best business lodging I've found in Payson. The room is pleasant and clean with a tiny outdoor patio. The windows open, so you can enjoy the lovely, clean air and the staff is pleasant. Breakfast is a silly little counter off the business office, but it's wrapped bagels so fresh and edible. It's also very close to some decent restaurants, so dinner at the end of the day is just a short walk. All in all, a decent value for the money.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful in suggesting restaurants and locations of places needed for business and pleasure. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. It was nice having a place to sit outside and see the green and it was nice and cool.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Phoenix
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed in the basic king bed room. Very nice bath area and comfy bed. The front door faced the parking lot but the window on the opposite side faced the trees and grassy area. Not many chain hotels would be as nice. The only wierd thing is that they called us to say it was now check in time. Never had that happen before!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank R. M
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I am here for business (depositions) and I really love my room. The price is unbeatable, the ladies at the front desk are super sweet and helpful. Breakfast is provided, and when I came in this morning, one of the girls offered to cook me a waffle. How nice is that?? A bottle of beer is $2, and a bottle of wine is $8 (seriously?? Do they even make any money off this? And frankly, the Chardonnay is pretty dang good). I have a huge room with a giant Jacuzzi (a little ziplock of bath salts - not the zombie-making kind! LOL - is delivered every day) and a wrap-around fireplace. The drive up here was breathtaking (I would LOVE to come up to this area of the country with my boyfriend and his Harley). More than happy. If you're looking for something that's not your typical chain-variety lodging, this is where you should be. Very relaxing and peaceful. Totally recommend!!

Room Tip: Spend the (TINY) bit extra for the Jacuzzi/fireplace rooms....especially if you're a couple...in...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Arizona
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed in a king deluxe room with a fireplace. The room was very nice and clean with plenty of room to spread out. The back patio to sit out on was nice even though we were near the road it still seemed like we were out further due to the back courtyard. with several pine trees. It was a nice place to sit and relax while eating our breakfast that came with the stay. There was a good choice of hot and cold food to choose from. I can't really complain about anything about our stay really except it would have been nice if it was further out of town. Since we were there to get away from life and relax.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We loved our stay - it was perfect!
I reserved the largest room with 3 way view fireplace and jacuzzi tub. They had a bottle of wine chilling in our room when we arrived --Hotel is small and obviously well run. Staff was amazing - I recommend the Inn to anyone visiting Payson.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple