“Uncomfortable Beds”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Payson
Tempe, AZ
“Uncomfortable Beds”
Reviewed August 1, 2008

The room was very average but adequate. However, the beds were terrible. When we were leaving, we noticed that the sides of the box springs were filthy. We couldn't bring outselves to remove the sheets to look at the mattresses. However, there was a sign in the room that stated if our stay wasn't completely satisfactory to notify the front desk, and they would make it right. Upon checking out, we reported the situation, and the desk clerk acted like she couldn't be bothered, and her only response was that she would report it to the manager, Of course, that was the end of the subject.

• Liked — We could take our pet
  • Disliked — The uncomfortable beds
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank World_Traveler064

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Phoenix
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We stayed here on our anniversary and I was rather disappointed. The rooms were not nearly as nice as the pictures on the website. They were painted a horrible color and it looked like one of my kids did the painting.
There was a party outside in the courtyard that carried on past midnight, then when they went inside, they must have had the room next to ours because there was a lot of loud talking and music. NOT fun on our end.

That being said, the room was pretty clean. 7 1/2 out of 10, I would say.

I guess I just expected more for what we paid.

• Liked — easy to get to
  • Disliked — NOISE and the TV did not work right
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Sacramento
Reviewed March 31, 2008

I travel through Payson, very often. Love the Majestic. Rooms are excellent and rates are good. I have not had a single complaint in any of my visits to Majestic Inn. Staff is very freindly and accommodating. If you planning on staying in Payson for more than a week, try the owners flat, above the conference center.

I felt compelled to write another review as I saw couple of not so good, totally exaggerated comments posted by some members.

Property, staff and the rates are excellent.

Sergio

• Liked — Location and setting
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
mailbox71
Reviewed March 16, 2008

i only give it one star cause thats as low as i can go.i specifically told them i wanted the jacuzzi room with the vaulted ceilings w/ the wood finish on them. you see,thats the ones you see on their website. but when we got there they put us in a regular painted room that didnt even have the quality of a run down super 8.i told the lady over and over again that we came here many times before and we want a room w/ vaulted ceilings. she tried telling us that they were a step up from the $230 we spent for one night. i dont think so.it was the first time in a hile i was going to get away with the wife for one night and i wanted it to be nice.the jacuzzi in the room was loud, there wasnt stone around the fireplace, the sinks didnt drain properly, the bed was comfy but that was it. i will never ever stay there again.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — just a shabby run down overpriced hotel
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank jimmshoe71
Mesa, AZ
Reviewed February 11, 2008

I booked a room at this hotel on their website and after not receiving a confirmation decided to call to make sure the reservation had gone through. The receptionist told me they were having problems with their website and that there was no reservation in my name. I asked if I could go ahead and reserve online and was told that there were no vacancies for the suite I wanted. All ok as I booked at Kohls Lodge instead. So I thought anyway, 2 days later I found that the Majestic Mountain had charged $156 to my credit card. I called to explain what had happened and asked for my card to be refunded only to be told that as far as they were concerned I was a NO SHOW.. how can you be a no show for a room that you were told was never reserved!!!!! I spoke to the Manager who was the rudest person I have ever come into contact with she more or less called me a liar and said my charges would not be reversed. Overall a very distressing experience. I would not recomment this hotel to anyone and I have filed a complaint with BBB.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
10 Thank jovauk
Phoenix,AZ
Reviewed January 23, 2008

We booked this Hotel for our anniversary and made it very clear at the time of our reservation that we would be arriving between 11:00pm-Midnight and the clerk said "No problem just use the phone to call the Manager to get your keys." Upon arriving at the Hotel we saw a family and 3 Payson Police Department vehicles parked at the entry. I asked the guy what was going on and he said that he had been calling for the Manager for over 1 hour and there was no answer so he called the Police to make sure everything was ok. On the sign be the door there was a piece of paper that had hand written instructions to call extension 134 for after hours. Apperently, the guy and the Police had been calling the extension and still got no answer, so the Police officers went looking for the Manager with no luck. So we waited 1 more hour and continued to call with no answer. Finally, we went to the Super 8 down the street and checked in to the same type of room that we booked at the Majestic for $30 less and it was great! Unfortunately, the next morning I called the hotel and spoke with Sheri and she was rude and made it seem like it was my fault that I did not get checked in and she refused to refund my card without talking to the Manager. Simple enough huh? I then asked to talk to the Manager and of course she was not there. Finally, I received a call back from the Manager and she was very rambunxious and did not want to refund my card at first. I finally cinvinced her to refund my card after arguing with her for 20 Minutes. She is VERY unprofessional and definately should not be dealing with the public in any way. This is horrible and I hope everyone reads this and considers this before staying at this hotel!

• Liked — What accomodation?
  • Disliked — See above
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
9 Thank junkinthetrunk
Phoenix
Reviewed December 18, 2007

I have stayed at the Inn several times in the past and have been very happy. Recently I had a different experience...I called early in the week to reserve a room for myself and my kids, we were coming up to cut down our Christmas tree in the national forest on Saturday, and made a reservation for Friday night. When I called to verify my room on Friday the clueless reservation girl said she had made it for Thursday and then said "oops" Consequently the trip was ruined...I called to have my money refunded and was told no...I will no longer be recommending this hotel to my friends, business partners, or family.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family