“Very disappointed”

Majestic Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Payson
Reviewed December 18, 2007

I have stayed at the Inn several times in the past and have been very happy. Recently I had a different experience...I called early in the week to reserve a room for myself and my kids, we were coming up to cut down our Christmas tree in the national forest on Saturday, and made a reservation for Friday night. When I called to verify my room on Friday the clueless reservation girl said she had made it for Thursday and then said "oops" Consequently the trip was ruined...I called to have my money refunded and was told no...I will no longer be recommending this hotel to my friends, business partners, or family.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
10  Thank sodor69
There are newer reviews for Majestic Mountain Inn

Reviewed October 15, 2007

The Majestic Mountain Inn was a disappointment. Although all rooms are now non-smoking, our room reeked of stale smoke and the front desk declined to move us. The upholstery on the two chairs was horribly stained so we did not want to even touch them. There was a coffee maker in the room but they forgot to leave any cups or utensils. Very disappointed. There were some nice things - the grassy area right out front and the in-room DVD player.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank TempeBrisbane
Reviewed October 14, 2007

On arrival, the blonde lady who checked us in said two statements -- NAME? and "check out is at 11". We had to ask how to get to our room and what number it was. Gosh -- I wish we had not asked. The bed was the worst I have ever slept in and I have stayed at some low price hotels -- it was saggy and had no support whatso ever -- It was a deluxe king room with a fire place -- we spent over $150 a nite to stay awake all nite and leave with a backache. Plus the doors slammed all nite long from the other rooms and the whole building shook. Just as we started to fall asleep -- BAM another door slammed. Do yourself a favor and stay at the days inn down the street -- The price they charged for this horrible room was outrageous.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank red1259
Reviewed September 3, 2007

We have stayed at this hotel many times but will not be going back. This stay was ok accept for the fact that the carpet in the bathroom area was wet when we arrived. It wasn't until that evening that my husband discovered that the little refrigerator was turned off and dripping all over the carpet. He turned on the refrigerator to stop the dripping. We thought that would be the end of that. (except for the wet carpet) It did have a rather musty smell though, and the carpet never dried completely.
We didn't think to tell the office of this problem umfortunately, because today we got a message from a Tom Mitchell telling us they were going to have to charge us extra because they think we had a cat in the room! We have never had a cat in our married life!!
We called and expained the situation to a young lady and she said Tom would call us back. When he didn't, my husband called him and told him about the problem with the refrigerator. He didn't believe us and said it was cat urine and we would be charged for the clean up.
Needless to say we have informed our credit card company of this problem and may also talk to a lawyer.
Lesson learned---ALWAYS tell the office about any problems you have or you may be charged for something you didn't do!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank azflygirl56
Reviewed September 3, 2007

We spent only one night here, while on our way to New Mexico.
What a beautiful place! The grounds are immaculate as are the rooms. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

Fargo's restaurant is 2 doors down and had great food at
reasonable prices. The staff here is also very friendly.

Can't wait to go back!

Barbels

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barbels
Reviewed August 14, 2007

I was traveling from Phoenix to Show Low via Payson. Due to whether, I end up staying in Majestic Mountain Inn. I was amazed to see my room, oversized room, nice ceiling, spa and a fireplace. It was weekday and price was reasonable compare to other hotel with same amenities. It was a wonderful stay and staff was friendly and helpful. I strongly recommend experiencing Luxury room.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank dave4715
Reviewed July 22, 2006

We had stayed at the Majestic Mountain Inn before so I was eager for our latest trip. While I don't remember the rooms all being smoking rooms before, apparently that is the case now. Our room smelled as you would expect and it was a tough night's sleep. The vanilla candles and Fabreeze we ran over to Safeway to get didn't help at all. We had reserved a luxury room with Jacuzzi and I was anxiouis to enjoy that, but upon our arrival I was told by the front desk young man (who referred to himself as the general manager on the phone to from what I could make out was another unhappy customer) that the person who took my reservation had made a mistake and we would have to have the deluxe room with no Jucuzzi.

We stopped at the hotel at 2 p.m. to see if we could check in, and without even asking our name and checking our reservation we were told by the teenager working the desk that check in was at 3 and they were still cleaning rooms.

Check in took quite some time as only one person was working at the front desk on a very busy Saturday.

The air conditioner in the room was too loud to get a good night's sleep and the refrigerator didn't work.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank quiettraveler
MajesticGM, Manager at Majestic Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2007

Hello,
I would like to write a response to a review dated 7/23/06. We have undergone a Management change. The Gentleman who referred to himself as General Manager was no longer with the company as of August '06. This beautiful property is now under new management and has done some significant staff changes. Our property has both non smoking\smoking rooms with 95% being non smoking. We apologize if this guest was lead to believe that all rooms were smoking. We always try to give our guests an early check-in however, on some days that just is not possible if the room is not yet clean and there is nor another room to move the guest into to accommodate the early check-in request. We have purchased several brand new air conditioner units and made other significant improvements to the property. We would like to invite all past guests to have had a poor experience with previous staff of management to try us again. To all new guests, we would love to have you and earn your trust so you also can be a repeat Guest. Please ask for the Manager when making reservations. We can guarantee you will love our property and new amenities.