“Clean room and good breakfast.”
Review of Quality Inn Payson

Quality Inn Payson
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Payson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I travel with my two toddlers so I am very picky about getting a clean room. The room we stayed on could not have been cleaner! The bathroom wallpaper and cosmetics were dated but spotless.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Stumpfarmer

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Nice clean rooms. Beautiful yard. Great breakfast. Reasonable price. Loved this place. Got a room with a deck and sunny as it was for New Years Eve, we and our dogs sat outside enjoying the yard (park-like) birds and Arizona sunset. Great continental breakfast as well....Even pet treat bags :)

Room Tip: Get a room that opens unto the yard.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Everything was excellent about this place, except that on the chilly fall night the heater did not function well. The temperature in the room varied by more than ten degrees before the heater would turn off or on. Consequently my night's sleep was interrupted several times by being too hot or cold. If I were staying more than one night, I'd asked to be moved as the place only seemed about 25% full. Interestingly, upon checkout the front desk staff didn't ask about my stay or the room.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank mjbphx
Stephanie C, General Manager at Quality Inn Payson, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you had an issue with your heater during the night. I understand how this can make your night sleep very uncomfortable. I will look into this matter so that on your next visit with us this will not be an issue for you. Thank you for choosing the Best Western Payson Inn.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Very nice, large, well maintained and pet friendly motel. Jodi at the front desk was very friendly and most helpful. The motel was advertised as pet friendly and made our lab feel right at home! There was pleanty of space to exercise our pet with its huge grass area and the motel even provided clean-up bags. The room was very clean and the comfy bed and pillows provided us with a great night sleep! The pool and hot tub were well kept with plenty of towels. The continental breakfast was well prepared with pleanty to eat. Great job to the entire staff - we had a wonderful stay at the Best Western Payson Inn! Would recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms open to the grass lawn areas with a small patio sitting area.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Mr A

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you slept well. Thank you for choosing the Best Western Payson Inn and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Stayed here just one night on the way back from Flagstaff to Phoenix. We usually stay at Hilton properties, but chose this property as there are no Hiltons in Payson. We were pleasantly surprised with this motel. It is fairly large and spread out - in the manner of motels built in the 60's. It was very well-maintained, and the front desk staff was very friendly. It has a nice pool and whirlpool, and comes with a free continental breakfast in the conference center. The room was furnished nicely, and very clean.

Room Tip: If you are disabled make sure to ask for a first floor room as I did not see any elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phoenix_dream
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My husband and I went on a weekend getaway from the city. We stayed here because we wanted a fireplace and because it had breakfast. One night during the weekend I wanted the fireplace on because i was cold but had found we had no matches. It was midnight and cold so we just turned on the heater. I never got to use the fireplace. They should give matches at checkin. Breakfast was great....very filling. Property was lovely....very green and well kept up. I had a bad expierence with a customer service rep during reservation change. He was very rude and actually disconnected me. Hopefully he learns to treat customers with respect. Room was large but lighting was awful. The mattress was the worst....way to hard....no support what so ever. My room was newly renovated also. Need better beds. I probably will not stay here again unless they get better beds. I woke up with lots of backpain.

Room Tip: Do not get hte room next to ice machine and stairs...very loud all night long
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank customer1230

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not completely enjoy your stay with us but thank you for the constructive review. I know you and I had talked while you were staying with us and I have taken care of them. I do apologize for any inconvienence that you experienced with us and I do hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Payson.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

I traveled to Phoenix for work and had a free weekend. I decided to go to Payson for some mountain biking and cooler temps. The hotel options were limited, all a little pricier than I thought reasonable for a town of 5,000, but I went with the Best Western after reading the reviews here. I normally hate Best Westerns and never stay in them, but this one was fantastic.

This is technically a motel, but it is as comfortable as many 4 star hotels I've stayed in for work. The grounds are extensive and very well-maintained, including a large pool, grass, trees, and walkways. The room was very large, tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean, and with a large, nice balcony. I asked for a quiet room, and they put me in the back. Although there were guests on both sides of my room both nights, I did not hear a sound and slept very well. Comfortable bed and pillows and free wifi with a very good connection. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Guest laundry on site was cheaper than the laundromat across the street and very convenient.

The breakfast was your typical continental buffet, totally fine. The hotel is pet friendly, which I like. I didn't hear any barking and found no sign of pets in my room. It's a little expensive, but I thought it was totally worth it for a very pleasant experience in a small town. I will definitely return to Payson and this Best Western.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo