“Yummy”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Yummy”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Every time we're in Payson we have to stop at Fargos!! The food is always wonderful and the customer service is excellent.

2 Thank Sassy11583

• Hebrew first
Champaign, Illinois
“Was a nice place to eat”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had the Veggie Wrap with onion rings. If I ordered it again I would get it without the dressing and substitute ranch dressing on the side. The onion rings tasted like frozen ones you would buy in the store rather than homemade. I had the white chocolate macadamia nut skillet cookie with ice cream for dessert. It didn't really taste like the cookie was baked quite all the way through even though the bottom was browned. Would not order that again!

2 Thank AliceDilts
Greer, Arizona
“What do you mean you forgot the crab legs???”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Well my husband and I decided to go out for a nice steak dinner. He treats himself to crab legs about once a year. We were staying in Payson and saw Fargo's I google'd their menu and saw a surf and turf option to add crab legs on. So we are at the restaurant which has a nice atmosphere. The parking lot (or lack there of) is somewhat akward, but we are enjoying ourselves. We discuss with our server the surf and turf which you can add on crab legs for market price. Currently $23 bucks a pound. Now this is $23 for a ribeye and an additional $23 for crab legs. We order that. When our meal comes our server brings both our steaks and asks the normal can I bring you anything else? Yes the crab legs??? He states Oh I forgot to turn that in. Its my fault. Did you still want them? He was very nonchalant about it. We opted not to get them but what a huge disappointment. I understand servers making simple mistakes but this was huge! Maybe he was more concerned being behind the bar because the restaurant wasn't busy yet seeing how it was only 5pm on a Monday night. Now about the steak which is the other reason we went to a steak house. It was very bland. No flavoring in the meat and I'm not talking about seasoning. I have had a great steak and reviewed it on TripAdvisor. This steak was not great. Its a shame that we had such a bad experience here since we are new locals to the Payson area and probably won't ever return. The one good thing was the sweet green tea was very good.

1 Thank greer_girl33
Centennial, Colorado
“Bad night or gone downhill?”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was my 5th or 6th time visiting Fargo's and the first time since last August. It is usually the highlight of our trip to Payson. Perhaps I made a mistake by ordering the special. It was supposed to be a filet, but it sure seemed no better than ground round. They replaced my meal with a sirloin and the outside of it was completely burned and way to much black pepper put on it. The restaurant wasn't very busy and it made me wonder if the place had changed owners going downhill or, hopefully, just had a bad night.

1 Thank Ed S
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Extremely Fresh Food”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We passed by this restaurant many times on our way from the Phoenix area to the White Mountains for fly fishing. I really don't know why we didn't visit it sooner, maybe because the steak house name inferred more of an evening place. Well anyway, we ate there and it was outstanding. We have gone back again and again. In fact, we would even consider driving the hour from where we live just to eat there. The restaurant is really handsome (lodge look) and super clean. The food is very fresh and tasty. My husband had the burger and said that it was the best he has had that he can remember. I have had salads and I also asked for the veggie wrap done without the wrap (low carb and I am vegetarian). The service shows no hesitation to special requests. The bar is very comfortable, just like in the "old day". Lunch and dinner is the perfect time to eat there.

2 Thank nJOYing_Lif

Been to Fargo's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!