“NICE, CLEAN friendly staff”
Review of Super 8 Payson

Super 8 Payson
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Payson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Newport, Oregon
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am writing this review from our room here in Payson...We have two side by side rooms and five people in our party. Our stay was three days. The staff/family that runs/manages this location are very friendly, helpful and do an excellent job in maintaining the property. VERY nice rooms...ours was a king room...modern decor, comfortable bed, flat screen TV, small fridge in room, most important to me? CLEAN..and I mean immaculate. WE travel with medical equipment needs and I love the lamps tht have electrical outlets (two) on each lamp..charge a cell phone at bedside, plug in needed medical appliances, use the desk and lamp for laptop...very comfortable in size, and needs met with a small table, desk, comfortable bed. (Thats saying something for me, I have ruptured discs and usually don't sleep more than a few hours at a time..especially in a stiff/cheap/standard motel bed) This one was comfortable and we rested well in a quiet location. Our next door room had two queen beds and also was immaculately clean/comfortable. The pool is wonderful and jacuzzi nice too. We took advantage of both daily (sometimes twice in a day since we traveled with children) Again, the pool area was very clean...comfortable chairs, tables, etc. I personally saw one of the managers out to the pool and jacuzzi daily cleaning, skimming the water, etc. The only thing that is a slight negative? Wish there were more choices for the continental breakfast...I get really tired of doughnuts, etc...wish they at least had a waffle self serve type station. Having said that? You still cannot beat the value for your dollar in the town of Payson. I travel regularly and have found that almost always a good experience with a motel/hotel boils down to management skills both in building good customer relations, maintaining the property and the quality of their housekeeping staff. The owners are golden in this regard and should consider themselves lucky to have such conscientious managers taking care of their property. Stay here when your in Payson! Everything else is overpriced.

Room Tip: I wish we could have gotten the fireplace/hot tub suite just for the experience...bet they are super...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mermaidtears2010
Bethany B, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Payson, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!
Clinton, Utah
Reviewed June 2, 2013

It appears that the room had been recently remodeled. A very nice room; clean, comfortable and a nice decor. It had a microwave and a refrigerator and I liked that the vanity was outside the bathroom.
My only complaint, and it is a small one, is that the carpet in the room had been recently cleaned, so when we first walked in, the air was warm and moist and the carpet was still damp when I walked around barefoot. We cranked up the AC and by morning all was dry.
The breakfast was adequate, but even with a very small and basic offering, I found something to satisfy. Would stay again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lifeinsagebrush
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!