“Adequate, but not great”
Review of Super 8 Payson

Super 8 Payson
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Payson
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Adequate, but not great”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I'm not really sure how this place got such stellar reviews. It's clean and feels safe but I would advise it more for traveling workmen than business or family travel. Lot's of loud raucous activity spilling out of doorways. Bathroom is so small you must fully close the door to use it. Walls are very thin and ordinary conversation travels through them. No elevator. Staff is very nice and helpful, however. All in all, just adequate.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, choose the second floor. No elevator and lots of stairs, but a bit quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bethany B, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Payson, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thanks for you feedback! WE are sorry we didn't meet you needs. We do hope to have you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed June 20, 2012

What a great find! Staff were friendly and accommodating. Not your usual Super 8. Rooms seemed clean with fridge, microwave, and comfy beds...within walking distance of some nice restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank rodah
We are happy you love our place we love having you stay here as a valued guest! Please come back soon. Have a Super day!!!
Anthem, AZ
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This hotel was nice for a Super 8. Beautiful pool with a waterfall fountain flowing into it. Large room with flat screen TV, refrigerator, and microwave. Free wifi access was reliable.

The breakfast was an average continental breakfast, consisting of juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepackaged pastries, cereal, and toast.

The most memorable part of my stay here, however, was the check in, which was an amazing comedy of errors.

- Front desk clerk was joking about the fact that my room was right above hers, so I shouldn't make too much noise. Then she accidentally gave me a key to her room instead of mine. (I happened to be watching as she entered the room number on the keypad). I went upstairs and confirmed my suspicions, then went back for a second key.

- I noticed on the receipt that I was checked in for only one night when my reservation was for two nights. I went back to the office yet again, but she wasn't there. She was outside having a smoke. Rather than interrupt her cigarette, she told me she could just fix it in the computer and that she would take care of it later. (I later learned she never did).

- During checkin, she swiped my credit card, and assured me that it wouldn't be charged and was just for incidentals. (My room was prepaid through Orbitz, which she did acknowledge). Given the other errors, I checked my bank website, which confirmed that my card had in fact been charged for one night. I went back again to the front desk, and for several minutes there was no one there. Finally another man (I think he was a manager or owner) came out. He was friendly and helpful, and undid all of the errors above, including changing it to two days, undoing the incorrect check in (that charged to my credit card, assuring that it was just an authorization that would not go through as he cancelled it), and issuing me a new receipt.

Despite all of the check in snafus, would I stay here again? Yes. It's actually a nice hotel for the price. But be sure you stay alert at check in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rick S
Bethany B, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Payson, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for chosing Super8 we have new staff and would love to have you bcak in the future and checking in will not be a problem.
Jackson, Georgia
Reviewed February 11, 2012

The sign on approach advertises in-room fireplaces in select rooms? I have never seen a Super 8 like that before! I got the regular room and it had new tan carpet and remodeled bathroom. I was amazed at the tan carpet because most of the budget hotels have dark blue or dark red carpet so you cant tell how dirty the carpet is. It appeared to be a bold move to have new tan carpet in the room! Spotlessly clean room! Lean and typical breakfast. All of okay on my visit. Payson is a great area to visit!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Amethyst-King
Thank you for choosing Super8.
Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed January 21, 2012

During the 2 night stay the only problem was the noisy AC and a broken coffee maker that has been replaced the second day. Even though I have been in the room for a very limited time during the late night only, I did not feel comfortable. However it was relatively affordable; 52 USD/night...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank nbalsari
Bethany B, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Payson, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing Super8!!!
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We've developed a sort of "tradition," my wife and I, of going to Payson every year to spend New Year's Eve. This is the first year we stayed at the Super 8 -- solely as a result of reading the GLOWING reviews here on TripAdvisor. Not disappointed!

I reserved a regular king room, non-smoking, for two nights. When we arrived for our first night, a little after 6:00pm on Saturday, New Year's Eve, having driven up from Chandler, we were VERY pleasantly surprised when the front desk clerk Nancy informed us that the regular king rooms were all taken, that we would "have" to take the only remaining king-anything... a very CAVERNOUS king suite complete with hot tub and fireplace. SCORE! Now, she did tell us that the hot tub and fireplace were both shut off and not operational, but no matter. Just having them in the room was a bonus--added to the "ambience" and air of high-endedness. :) The suite was huge. Probably 600+ s.f., with, I'd say, 12 ft. ceilings. Nothing cramped about this space!

Only two complaints: (1), the breakfast was somewhat limited, and (2), the Wifi was weak to non-existent inside our room. I pointed this out to the daytime manager the next day. He said he would have somebody check into that. Fine by me. As long as we hovered close to the door to our room, we had Wifi!

Bed was extremely comfortable. Convenient little "kitchenette" area. Flatscreen, fridge, micro. Very quiet room location. All in all a very good deal for our New Year's holiday stay. Thanks, Super 8 management. We'll definitely keep you in mind for next year!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PaulJRam
Bethany B, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Payson, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for your positive review!
NORTH ADAMS
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I was so impressed with this room that I literally came out approx. 5 minutes after I checked in to let the staff know of my joy with the cleanliness of the room. Will be back when coming up from Phoenix again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing Super8.