“Wholeheartedly recommend this facility!”
Review of Super 8 Payson

Super 8 Payson
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Payson
Mesa, Arizona
“Wholeheartedly recommend this facility!”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

What a great place! Clean, modern, well managed, conveniently located, helpful office staff, large spacious rooms that are very well equipped, reasonable prices. Complimentary breakfast included. What's not to like? Absolutely recommend it and look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James T
Bethany B, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Payson, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for your review and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed August 17, 2011

While the stay itself was alright, minus hearing a TV and couple fighting through the thin walls and the desk staff being unable to deal with the situation, I found the staff to be unresponsive or lacking direction and the management to be unreliable.

After checking out then driving to our next destination I found I had left something in my room. By the time I called, I was told the cleaning staff had left but that no one was in that room so they would check first thing in the morning.

I received no call the next day, so I called again the next evening. The gentleman I spoke with went into the room that was now occupied but the guest was out and, while I was on the phone with him, found 3 of the 4 items I had left (wall plug, USB adapter, and USB cord) but not my portable battery. Apparently the guest had already found it and detached it.

I told him that would not have happened if they had checked when I first called and he said he would talk to the guest about it and hold the items at the desk.

Apparently after I got off the phone, the employee was still in the room when the guest walked in and claimed those items belonged to him despite the fact I had perfectly described the items the day before and again to the desk clerk as well as where they would be found. Regardless, the employee handed over my items to the guest.

Without updating me, I had arranged for my friend to go and pick them up and, after taking her personal time to go there, called me from the front desk to say my stuff was not there. It was only then that I was told about the guest being given my items, and his claim that there was no battery. By then I was speaking with the manager, tyring to get a reasonable explanation as to why this would be allowed. He explained that that guest was a "regular" and they didn't want to offend him. I stated it was not my concern about if he was offended, and if he was worried about offending someone who would willingly lie to his employees he should reconsider his position, because if they had done their duty when I first called this would never have happened. The manager gave me the usual line of "we are not responsible for items left in the room", to which I replied that may be true, until it gets to the point that they don't follow up on phone calls and hand one guest's personal belonging over to another.

Finally letting my friend go realizing he had not fulfilled his end, the manager told me he could replace those items with other things left by guests, which was wholly ridiculous. He also offered a couple of free nights, but since I rarely visit the area and he said he could not make it applicable to other Super 8s it was unreasonable. Finally he relunctantly relented to ask the guest to bring those items back, fearing to offend him. I offered to write a letter to that company to explain what happened so they would not hold it against the hotel but he said no.

Finally, after having to again track him down when he failed to call back, he was able to get back my plug adaptor, USB adapter and a USB cord (which turned out to be very different one that was broken) but did not get my battery back, the most valuable of the items. He said I would still have to pay to have them to be mailed but that he could still offer the two free nights for all the trouble, and could even offer them to someone else, specifically mentioning my friend who had stopped by. I agreed and immediately called my friend, asking her to pick those items up (again) and asked if she could use the 2 nights.

As it turns out, her sister was going to visit so I told her when she picked up the items to tell the manager her sister's info and the dates.

Then I get a call from her sitting (again) at the front desk being told there was no offer for free nights. I reminded the manager of our conversation, but he said no, he had gotten the items back so there was no room offer. I stated that he failed to get my battery, that he had specifically mentioned the rooms for a second time to be offered to my friend AFTER he got my items and I told him I would ask her to stop by again.

He still refused so I sat there looking like a liar after already inconveniencing my friend twice to go by the hotel.

Despite a policy of items left in rooms it is ludicrous to indescriminantly use that excuse when employess fail to do their jobs and, even worse, personally give one guest's items to another. The manager even tried to make me feel guilty saying that the guest who took my stuff said he would not be staying there again.

After the manager's denial of the rooms I couldn't keep my friend waiting around so we ended the conversation. However I called back to try to reason with him and gave him the opportunity to make good on his promise. He never returned my calls, which based on his dodging my earlier calls or failing to call before was not a surprise but still disappointing.

Room Tip: Second floor corner room... walls are thin.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank The_Cow17

Travelers are raving about these Payson hotels

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Clean room with King bed. Granite vanity, but vanity is out in the room, only the stool and tub are behind a closed door, which is pretty tight spot. Good amenities: Newer decor, carpet, bed cover, flat screen TV, mini-fridge and microwave. Large room had desk, plus table & chairs. Amazing scenery in Rim Country around Payson!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marquiseplayer
We love to hear about our rooms and that you enjoyed yourself is our most important priority!!! Come back and see us soon.
Kansas
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Stayed for one night after long drive from Albuquerque. Found the motel to be well kept and updated. Room was spacious and clean. Bed was comfortable and we had a full night's sleep. Staff were helpful and answered all questions. Grocery stores nearby.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Bethany B, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Payson, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing Super 8!!!
Pasadena, California
Reviewed September 12, 2010

What I expect from a Super 8. Basic accommodations, clean room, reasonable price (for the area). Wifi worked well. Updated rooms with flat panel tv. Fridge and micro. I do have a pet peeve with A.C.'s that cut off completely. Personally I like white noise but in any event, the AC turning on and off during the night (especially a loud one) disturbs my sleep. I know they save energy... just a pet peeve.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Fairfax
Reviewed August 18, 2010

While traveling from Phoenix to the rim, we decided to stay in Payson for a few nights. We found the Super 8 a great place to stay. Large rooms that look newly remodeled. Comfortable beds and flat screen TV,s. Staftf was extremely friendly and helpful. Very nice continental breakfast was included. The WIFI worked very well. Casino just down the road.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positve and we hope to have you back in the future!
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I always travel from Phoenix to Payson as my parents lives there. my parents already made reservation for me and my wife.our kids decided stay at my parents house. temp here was over 105 so i called hotel earlier to confirm reservation and requested to leave ac on for my room. upon arrival check in was fast and courteous,front clerk recommended some dining places didn't needed since i knew where to go but it was very helpful of her. upon entering into room i was amazed of room quality and cleanliness and ac was on already as i requested earlier. look of the motel from outside made me little nervous but room inside was amazing. my dad said he visited all hotels and finally made reservation here. it was weekend and we were planning to stay only one night here and we extended for 2nd night. bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bethany B, General Manager at Super 8 Payson, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We We love hearing this, sorry about the late response I found that this and a few others were missed!!!! Have a good one and hope to have you back in the future.