“Don't judge a book by its cover!”
Review of Rim Country Inn

Rim Country Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Payson
Reviewed January 11, 2012

The outside of this hotel is very nondescript and dated, but the surprise is on the inside.

I have had very poor success with ABVI hotels in the past and am reluctant to stay in them. But I was by myself and was more concerned with cost and this was the least expensive place in town that I found. But I doubt I could have had a better place.

The bed was comfortable and the furnishings and decorating was quite nice. It felt like a remodeled room. It was very clean and spiffy. It was the nicest ABVI I have every stayed in. There was a refrigerator and microwave, with a sink outside of the bathroom, which I liked. The tv was large, though not a modern flatscreen. But that's okay.

Also, as a bonus the staff working the front desk were very pleasant and kind. I probably will never be in Payson, AZ, again, but if I am I would have no problems staying here. It was great.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank mauiwolf
There are newer reviews for Rim Country Inn

Reviewed December 6, 2011

I booked sight unseen, no pics of interior are shown on website. This is a terrifice place! The rate was so low I was concerned that it was a hovel! I was so surprised! The owners are extra nice and helpful, the room was very clean and well appointed. Granite countertop, microwave, coffeemaker WITH coffee, fridge, iron AND ironing board, hair dryer. A super TV set and free Wifi.Very comfy bed and lots of pillows! This place is terrific! And the parking place was right outside the door! There was a homemade food diner right next door and a small mall across the street. I have ZERO complaints! Great place!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank MaryK K
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Outside appearance, looks low budget, inside looks NEW and CLEAN and that's what matters. Management polite. All new interior, paint, AC/Heat, granite sink, bathroom floor tile, Western Pottery toilet (best flusher), & bed was comfy, TV big enough. Room was cleaned to perfection (be sure to tip) room smells of cleansers. FREE WiFi. I got a LOWER weekday rate then shown on tripadvisor, $56.99!! They have some no pets/smoke rooms. Great Bargain! I will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Looking4Now
Reviewed January 24, 2011

We have been travelling for several months camping and moteling across Canadaand the US. Some budget motels have been nightmares, filthy and wornout. This motel is great. Spotless, good carpet and a 4 poster bed. The room smells clean and they are very strict about pets and smokers, with charges if you break the rule. The owner was friendly and helpful. A great place to stay.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pooterpie
Reviewed July 11, 2007

Needed a last minute place to stay, so I had to contact the hotel directly. I was irked that the only rate he would give was $79.99, when every website quoted $54.99 and he claimed those were weekday rates. Unfortunately it was a busy weekend and there weren't many options to go elsewhere.

The room is not great, but the bed was good enough and the shower had good water pressure (although I'm 6'3 and the shower head was chest-high). TV was pretty good. Fortunately, I didn't need an ironing board, as there wasn't one in the room. The town is so small, the location is fine. We were far enough in the back that I didn't hear any traffic noise from the beeline highway. The room was clean - no problems there. The towels are pretty poor and the sink is outside the bathoom in some sort of mini-kitchen setup. Overall, it was good enough for a last minute place to stay, but it might have earned the hotel's name at the correct rate.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank mrg8080
Reviewed May 7, 2007

We spent a night at the Best Value Inn on our way to the White Mountains. Our room was basic but clean and rather quiet. The manager was very friendly. We paid $58 for a rather large room with a king size bed. The bathroom has a strange design and to wash your hands, you have to use the kitchenette sink. Otherwise, we find that it is a pretty good value

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Tohono
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 31, 2006

Great little place in a beautiful town. The rooms aren't too large, but they are very well appointed, with microwave, refrigerator, free local calls, cable, and more. The couple running this quaint hotel were very hospitable. They delivered a great product with an outstanding level of personable service. I highly recommend anyone visiting Payson, to stay at the BEST VALUE INN, PAYSON. I was very glad I didn't stay at one of those over-rated franchised places.

Stayed: March 2006