“Good burger but a Breaded Tenderloin to make Midwesterners Proud!”

Buffalo Bar & Grill
Ranked #5 of 75 Restaurants in Payson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Buffalo Bar & Grill, the place for great food & spirits. Local cuisine featuring awesome burgers including fresh ground Top Sirloin Burgers and Buffalo burgers. Specialty sandwiches like our favorites, the Sirloin Steak Melt and our collossal Pork Tenderloin Sandwich. Salads including, Oriental Chicken Salad, Black & Blue Steak Salad and Honey Pecan Chicken Salad. Home made soups and Chili. Fresh cut french fries. Friday Fish Fry. Saturday Top Sirloin Steak Dinner For Two. $5.95 lunch menu Monday through Friday. We love kids too! Featuring a childrens menu. Poker nights Tuesday and Wednesday. Thirsty Thursdays special drink prices all day! Friday night DJ and dancing. Saturday night DJ and dancing or Live Bands. Sunday Country Jam Session with Junction 87. "where the highway ends and the Country begins" This is a must stop destination when visiting Payson AZ.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Grabbed dinner at the Buffalo Bar & Grill and found it to be really good. The ambiance is that of a bar or saloon, with a nice western feel to it. Lots of locals and good, casual ambiance just relaxing on the Tuesday evening that we were there. My wife got the buffalo burger, which was good although she said she wished the patty was a little bit thicker. Being from Indiana and living in Arizona, I don't get a true breaded tenderloin that much, but they had one! Trying it, the sandwich was large and just like you'd expect...flattened out and super large! Worth trying if you love breaded tenderloin! The servers were all also exceptionally friendly and courteous. Will definitely keep this in mind for a good, local place to get lunch, dinner, or drinks when we are back in Payson.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I must have been expecting something much better than what they had to deliver! Our server stopped by our table once, and then was not seen again. I would have liked to have made a slight change on my order, but that didn't happen due to lack of opportunity. No one stopped by the table until we got our orders, then the sandwiches were on the wrong plates. My friend had a broken drink cup, and soda dripped everywhere. She had to wait almost 10 minutes at the bar just to tell someone and get another soda. No one ever came to clean up the mess. Another server happened to check on us, and she cleaned it up at least 20 minutes after it was reported. The food was just OK. I had a chicken philly sandwich, and the chicken was dry and several peppers tasted strange. The fries were very good and crunchy. I liked the decor and the place seems like it would be fun for having a beer. Hard to judge the food after one sandwich, but the service was obviously not organized.

2  Thank aznance
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We went to Buffalo bar after doing some hiking in payson. Good for watching sports, but we orders a cheese burger, it had a hair in it, it was melted in the cheese. The chicken fingers didnt do much for us either. I would stop and eat somewhere first, then go for drinks and a foot game only. Staff was super nice though, always a plus!

1  Thank Desraye H
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I don't know how I missed this place before but my mom has lived in Payson for years and we come to visit every 2-3 months. My son & I decided to have an early dinner this last weekend and he suggested steak so I we decided to try out Buffalo Bar & Grill near my mom's place. All I can say is, the steaks are juicy & the best we've had in a long time. The atmosphere & service were great. I do suggest taking kids before 8pm on a weekend night as it is after all a bar. Highly recommend

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Great food and even better service. Recommended for the little hometown barbeque lovers- definitely coming back!