“I reverse the diabetes , November 18 2012”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patagonia
Tree of Life Center US
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Patagonia
palm beach grdns
“I reverse the diabetes , November 18 2012”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I just completed the diabetes program with the juice fast, for 7 days , for me was very strong but it works, I return home with more energy I learned a lot with with the raw live vegan foods. The staff is always happy and I always get respond to any question. The spa very professionals
The manager Johsua always there doing the best, helping the group to have a good stay. He is the best. The ladies at the front desk, too. usually you don't get answer for you phone calls because I think they are really busy. I stay in the Orchard house, wich I think was very good choice . The food fantastic, every day vegan living food. The most important thing for me was that I came back with less numbers in my daily sugar check ups. I will continue in touch with them for the next months to see how I doing with the sugar levels. If someone need more information about it please write to me . madreselva1@att.net
I planing to come back as soon I can.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
14 Thank madreselva d
Joshua S, Manager at Tree of Life Center US, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hi M!

Thanks for the great review! It was such a joy having you for Dr. Cousens' Diabetes Recovery Program. We're so glad you were successful in reversing your condition! Please continue to check in throughout your year of support. We want to hear all about your continued progress.

Best to you and your's!

Joshua

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I just completed the Spiritual Fasting Program and I would highly recommend it to first-time fasters. It's a structured juice fast that lasts 7 days. When the group broke the fast we ate only what they served at the cafe which is 100% raw live vegan foods and they portioned it out for so we didnt inadvertently overeat.

Each day I was there i got to attend up to 3 meditation sessions a day, one Kali tree yoga session a day, plus various spiritual ceremonies like a sweat lodge. Everything but the morning check-in meetings were optional.

The staff was very attentive and were quick to respond to any needs that arose. I didnt have a car with me so I got a lot of walking in. It's about 1/2 mile from the Oasis (registration and spa area) up to the cafe and casitas (lodging). The walk is uphill to the cafe so, if you think that might hinder you, I'd suggest bringing/renting a car.

The rooms in the casitas are double occupancy-two single beds, and they have a decent sized closet. Very simple. No tvs, no radios, no clocks. There are four single bathrooms that are shared amongst the folks staying at the casitas so coordinating shower times can be tricky - it's best to get up early (6am) and shower then.

The last thing ill mention is the spa--it's wonderful. I had three treatments there but my favorite was the crystal glow treatment. There's more info about that on the website but everyone shod treat themselves to I e of those; be sure to ask for Kim. She's a truly talented masseuse.

• Stayed October 2012
10 Thank jzamostny
Hi JZ,

It was great to have you with us for the Spiritual Fast. The Spiritual Fast is such a special program, and there's no substitute for participating in a fast with Dr. Cousens' and Shanti's guidance. We do hope you'll join us for another Spiritual Fast, a Detox, or a Holistic Vegan Vacation in the near future.

Best of luck!

Joshua
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2012

If you are looking for a "retreat" and you are not a hippie straight from the 70's this may not be the place for you. It is very simple, no luxury. If you are going into the casitas which are the most economical (nearly $13,000 for a full program) be prepared to not only share bathrooms but walk outside to get to them. It's a step up from camping. Let me tell you, it is dark in the middle of the night in the desert. The food is amazing and the spa practitioners are wonderful. The surrounding environment is stunning. They do help many people heal which is more important than anything material, but there are things they could do to make it more comfortable and enjoyable, especially for what they charge.

• Stayed April 2012
35 Thank Shana K
palo alto
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Okay so I've wanted to go there like 20 years, I'm glad I waited because the Casitas have been renovated, very simple but sweet. Tile floors clean actually amazing cleaning staff wanted to bring Mary and her sister back. Okay the culinary Angels to prepare the food are absolutely amazing, most are sweet and helpful and the food is pretty over the top, also garden staff are great/they pick the veggies and you eat them about two or three hours later talk about fresh :-) amazing landscapes and scenery.
Caution they use salt which I do not use and don't recommend that someone's detoxing and sometimes the weather can be funky so prepare for hot cold rain etc. :-) also do not think I would recommend staying anywhere except Casitas. Also take comfy walking shoes. Can be pricey depending upon which program, and if you have abundance challenges maybe consider optimum health San Diego........ also much better than Hippocrates Palm Beach in terms of food, scenery venue campus etc. specially classes :-)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
14 Thank travelslotsPaloAlto
Plano, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I am glad to choose Tree of life. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Especially the staff in the kitchen. they work tirelessly but always have a smile on their faces. I have been here for the spiritual fasting, zero point and conscious eating 1 program for 3 weeks. This has been a life changing experience for me. especially the zero point program which helped me to eliminate the unwanted thought forms so i can focus my energy towards positive goals. we all come with some emotional baggage due to our past experiences. zero point helped me to remove the pain that i was holding on to. now my outlook towards life has changed so much. I am more happy and peaceful inside. and external events don't effect me as they used to before.

The accommodation was decent. and they clean the rooms everyday. I like the fact that there were no distractions like TV/ phone or internet in the room, which makes us to come out and meet other people. or spend time to revisit our inner selves. I loved the view i was surrounded with. the mountains, the sunset it was beautiful. I definitely felt very spiritually connected to this place.

Tip - make sure to close your room door at all times, i opened it for a few hours and in the night i saw some bugs come in. If you keep your door closed you should be good.

I hope this review helps others.

Regards,
Nimisha

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
14 Thank Nimishareddy
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 27, 2010

There is a synergy created by doing all the parts. Go to every yoga class, drink every juice, sit in every meditation and satsang, and keep your focus on the positive. By the end of the ten days, you will probably be flying.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
13 Thank hrcrimm
Buderim, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I stayed at the Tree of Life for the Essene I course as part of the Masters program in Live Food nutrition. I found the Tree of Life to have simple yet adequate accommodation, but most importantly has ground-breaking information in the area of live food nutrition, fasting and spirituality. I found the staff helpful, the facilities clean and satisfactory and the programs excellent.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
7 Thank anaami
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patagonia
Best Western Sonora Inn & Suites
Inn at San Ignacio
Inn at San Ignacio
#4 of 5 in Green Valley
Holiday Inn Express Nogales
Candlewood Suites Nogales
Spirit Tree Inn Bed and Breakfast
Wyndham Green Valley Canoa Ranch Resort

Been to Tree of Life Center US? Share your experiences!