“Delightful meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Cose Buone is a small restaurant in a house on the main street of tiny Patagonia. After sipping our way through wine country, we arrived at the restaurant at 6 p.m. (our reserved time). Although not elegant, the restaurant is simple and pleasant. The young waitress (dressed in jeans) was very friendly and helpful. We had inquired about the price when making reservations and it was posted on the door ($36/person). We enjoyed small portions of an appetizer, olive buschetta, beet/orange salad, pasta dish (a bit too spicy for one person at our table) and a choice of main entree (swordfish or pork); all were delicious. Dessert was offered, which was very good; however, it was not made clear that dessert was extra. Coffee was not offered. We would defnitely return to this restaurant, and would make a couple recommendations that would enhance the experience, e.g. a blackboard menu with the meal selection and prices, waitress dress equal to environment (even in laid back Arizona), and offer coffee/tea at the completion of the meal.

3  Thank lantana50

Reviewed May 22, 2013

An unexpected treat to find a gourmet restaurant in such a tiny town. Food and service were excellent.

1  Thank Clay66Vair
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Hotel we stayed at recommended this restaurant. Myself, my brother and his wife arrived on time and were seated immediatley,another couple was seated at table then the table for 4 arrived. They showed us a wine list we opted out as we went on a wine tasting tour in Elgin. The waitress said the cook had a three course and 2 course meal, she never once told us the price or was it posted. We all opted for 2. it took an hour to receive the first. 1 1/2 hours later or 9pm we still had not received our second course. Table for four was served first. I ask the waitress when is our dinner coming she said the pasta was taking longer. We decided to leave and overpaid for the 1 course $60.00 thats $20 a plate. My brother said to the cook you need help and this is to long a wait for dinner, were leaving.He came out of the kitchen after my brother if he would have hit him. I would have called the police. I felt sorry for the waitress. I will never go there again.

2  Thank Sandy G
Cookie0908, Owner at Cose Buone, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

First - the service was slow that evening. Everyone came in between 6 and 6:30 and everyone ordered Antipasti Misti, which has the most time consuming prep. But the fault was mine as I take the reservations and I should have staggered them more. I explained this to the woman who paid and accepted responsibility and apologized to her.
The "gentleman" she is talking about did ask for some wine - white zinfandel - which I don't serve and he was miffed at that. They did have wine by the glass. Price wise the menu is posted at the entrance with the cost of 2 or 3 courses. But saying that, it isn't too difficult to ask.
If I was them, I would have left also and I would have politely told the server we are leaving as it was taking much too long. But the "gentleman" came screaming up to the pass through, yelling at me in the kitchen - very loud and obnoxious. Maybe too much wine tasting! The restaurant is very small and he was over the top. As he kept going, I finally came out and got in his face and told to get out fast. The woman was paying and at that moment I explained and apologized. Had the little "gentleman" been a little more gentleman like there would have not been any charge. But he wasn't and the customer is NEVER right if they resort to screaming and tantrums, as the little "gentleman" did! Very happy they won't come back!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I had a great dinner in the small restaurant. There is no standard menu but two or three choices for your multicourse offering. Gene (the owner/chef) was very helpful explaining the options and ensuring that my vegetarian wife understood what was in each choice.
The food was really good and we both enjoyed every course. There is a good wine selection to accompany the meal. It is an upscale, non-pretentious experience where you will be treated to with personal attention.
Go and enjoy! Top the meal off with an Orangecello.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Eating here is like enjoying dinner at a friend's house. There are few tables and two employees, including the chef, who gives each table his personal attention.
We enjoyed three wonderful courses: antipasti, risotto, and lamb. Gene, the chef, helped us choose the wine. Everything was cooked to perfection--oh, that lamb!