“Peaceful, Accommodating.”
Review of Stage Stop Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patagonia
Stage Stop Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Patagonia
Reviewed July 19, 2013

After two weeks of miserable and stressful living on site at a "spiritual health center' in Patagonia, I found out about the Stage Stop In and moved in within the hour. The stage stop in is a breath of fresh air, literally, for the first time in two weeks I felt like I could finally breathe. Lynne and Jerry, the owners of the hotel, make me feel right at home. The cleaning staff is friendly, professional, and great at their job. The room I am staying in is newly renovated with tile floors, new doors, a mini fridge/freezer, AC, a beautiful shower/bath, comfortable bedding, and the hotel provides free wifi. Right outside my door is lovely pool area with clean swimming water and chairs to lounge on. I am able to sit outside, plug in my laptop, and work in a generally peaceful setting. Lynne and Jerry make an innovative team, continuously improving, upgrading, refining the hotel and the overall guest experience.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniella T

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I picked this stop because it was near my vacation locations and was new to me. It was an enjoyable stay, the woman manager was very helpful, offering more help than was needed or expected. The room, while old, were in good shape, well maintained, and comfortable. The lobby was very well and historically appointed, looking much like a stage coach hotel. I would plan on staying there when I next visit the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 10, 2013

After a very, very hot four days on the Arizona Trail, this little oasis of light was heaven-sent. A much needed infusion of energy and capital by relatively new owners Lynne and Jerry have revived a venerable old dame of a motel, and the results are very good, with more to come. My room was spotlessly clean, and when I mentioned to Jerry that a glove had blown into the pool it was removed before I even got back to my room. All bedding appears to be new, and the mattress was very comfortable. Lots of hot water, and the tub actually drained faster than the shower could fill it, a seeming rarity these days except in very expensive hotels. Patagonia is a little gem of a town, easily walkable, frequented by birders, hikers, and tourists, and I would recommend the Stage Stop Inn to all.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Peter N
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited cinco do mayo weekend and the area was busy. We we on the motocycle so we needed a bed after the ride , horse races in sonoita. the pool was clean, the birds were entertaining while sitting on the porch with my cocktail and feet up. The bed was a little firm for us but, the pillows were soft and cushy. The only thing about patigonia is not much for dinner fare. The velvet elvis ( wouldn't order the pizza again but, the quiona(sp) salad was great.
The host at the stage stop was very nice and even called a local bar to watch the Kentuckey Derby. Thanks. We'll be back for that simple kinda feeling.

Room Tip: No veiw on the east side but, farther from the street sounds.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frances M
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This motel looks like a stage set...and it was indeed a hotel built to house movie makers and John Wayne. The new owners are proceeding with major upgrades and are friendly and accomodating. It is not finished yet but I can see that it will be lovely when completed. The restaurant was pleasant and dinner was okay but the breakfast burrito was 4 star. You are in the heart of town and good start off point for lots of bird watching.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a charming place to stay in a charming town. You get a sense of the old (but perhaps not wild) west. The rooms are large, comfortable and clean. Two of its greatest strengths are the owners, Jerry and Lynn. They really go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Recently, after a long day on the AZ Trail, we needed a room at the last minute. The Stage Stop was completely full, but Lynn found us a place at a nearby B&B and even led us there in her car because it was difficult to find. Also, Patagonia itself is an interesting low-key place to visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed here weekend of the 20th, and used this as our base camp for wine tasting and sightseeing.
The property is in the process of being spruced up, is cute as a button and shows great promise. Very quiet, the owners are present and helpful, never intrusive. Please was spotless, and a fridge in all the rooms. The attached restaurant was good, service was quick in spite of how busy they were. I will be back!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AZRAnne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patagonia
Best Western Sonora Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Nogales
Spirit Tree Inn Bed and Breakfast
Wyndham Green Valley Canoa Ranch Resort
Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico

Been to Stage Stop Inn? Share your experiences!