All reviews arizona trail bed and breakfast native species beautifully landscaped yard spanish style decorated rooms hummingbird feeders other guests bird watching fantastic hosts san carlos velvet elvis gathering grounds place to stay first morning private patio comfortable beds
Reviewed November 21, 2017

We had such a wonderful weekend in Patagonia. The B&B is charming and the garden is beautiful. We only had to wander as far as the garden for bird watching. Rick & Bekki are fantastic hosts. I spoke with Rick prior to booking our stay. He was very attentive to my requests. The breakfast was always delicious! Bekki puts so much thought into her recipes. It was fun to gather in morning for a family style breakfast and talk with Rick, Bekki, and the other guests. The conversation easily filled the days agenda with places to see. I wish we were still there.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2017

I stayed at the Duquesne (dew-cane) house four nights and I wish I could have stayed longer. Rick and Bekki are lovely, hardworking & gracious hosts. The terraced gardens here are magazine beautiful. & the feeders! I think the birds from the Paton's Preserve fly over for a second meal! (the rooms have private access to the garden)The rooms/suites are very comfortable and tastefully decorated in SW style. When the amazing breakfast is not served (only on wkends) grab a cup of coffee and go around the corner to the Gathering Grounds. Make sure to wave to folks on the way! Patagonia is very cool, special& safe place. Made more perfect by the Duquesne house. Love this place.

Room tip: All are precious, but one of the connected suites are prob best.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2017

Soooooo glad we stayed at the Duquesne House! Wow! I cannot say enough good things about this B&B! If you are going to Patagonia, don't miss out on this gem!! This was our first trip to Patagonia, down from Tucson. We had no idea where to stay but knew we wanted a bed & breakfast. We picked the Duquesne House because the pictures of the rooms on their website were lovely and it seemed to be within walking distance of almost everything in town. And I am so glad we stayed here! The owners, Rick and Bekki, were the best. So friendly and helpful. And when they asked about our preferences for breakfast, we were hesitant to tell them that were were gluten-free vegans because that is a pretty tall order. We weren't expecting to be accommodated in the diet department but boy were we wrong! Bekki and Rick whipped up steel cut oats, fruit bowls, gluten-free granola, orange juice, coffee, and vegan sausages for us! As if this wasn't enough, the grounds are beautiful, the room was cozy, and the bird watching was great. Hummingbirds and cardinals all over the yard. Our stay was so relaxing and refreshing that we booked our next stay before we'd even checked out. Don't want to stay anywhere else!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2017

Fabulous gardens, many birding opportunities on rhe grounds and a short drive away. Very colorful, uniquely decorated rooms. Comfortable lounging areas, abundance of garden seating with easily viewed bird feeders and interesting resident birds. There is even a garden cat to complete the relaxed ambience. Breakfast was delicious. I saw several new life birds at the feeders. Bed was comfortable, claw foot bathtub was an experience! We will be back for sure.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2017

Perfect Place, Food, Location, Garden, Birds, Butterflys, Walking distance to town, and Bekki and Rick the best of hosts. Bring wine from the Sonoita Vineyards to drink on the back patio and watch the wildlife flit and flutter in the garden. A perfect getaway.

Date of stay: April 2017