“Always my favorite respite”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gathering Grounds

Gathering Grounds
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Patagonia
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Medford, Oregon
“Always my favorite respite”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Their coffee is always outstanding as well as their baked goods. Their baked goods are made in-house, and it reminded me of my sister's pie crust which I hadn't seen in a very long time. I had a piece of harvest peach pie. The crust was light, flaky and good to the last bite. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I've been here many times, and I can always count on consistent high quality and a pleasant experience. Decorated with local art. Reminds you of the best fusion of a country café with the latest equipment and coffee personality.

I've never personally indulged in their food other than desserts, but I'm always mightily tempted. Their daily specials always seem warm and welcoming.

Visited October 2012

Silver City, New Mexico
“surprising find”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were in Patagonia recently and saw there was a coffee house. We're always up for trying a new place's coffee making ability and discovered they also served food. Our coffee drinks were good, not great as they could have had a little more coffee flavor, but definitely returned for coffee the next day because we did enjoy them. We also had a late lunch and found the food to be fresh and good. My husband had one of their desserts on one of our trips and said it was excellent. Definitely made from scratch and not a packaged mix. The owners are very friendly and willing to make a drink right if it's not quite what you ordered. Will definitely return to Gathering Grounds the next time the road takes us Patagonia way.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank znewmex
United States
“Great Food and Really Friendly Staff”
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

We were only spending the day in Patagonia and stopped here for lunch. We were so glad we did. We had a toddler with us and they have highchairs, a basic kids menu, and a changing table in the restroom. Our food was delicious, quick, and reasonably priced. They also offer several things that are vegetarian friendly! The best part was that the staff was SO kind and accommodating! It was fantastic! If ever in this area again, I would love to dine here!

Green Valley, Arizona
“An Excellent Breakfast Destination”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We arrived in Patagonia early so we could get a good seat for the 4th of July parade and have breakfast at the Gathering Grounds. They were not busy at 8:20 AM, so we sat at a table of our choice. Coffee or breakfast drinks and menus are picked up at the cash register counter. Clean and comfortable with pictures on the walls that look like they were taken by local photographers.
My wife ordered the breakfast burrito, I asked for the biscuits and gravy with two eggs, over easy. Our orders were brought to our table within a short time by a friendly young lady. The burrito was excellent ..... eggs done as ordered and seasoned well. My eggs were perfect .... the biscuit covered with a light brown gravy .... not the usual white color that I am used to. Tasting the gravy, I understood the reason it was brown .... it was loaded with bacon and what I think was pork sausage ..... the best gravy I ever experienced. Potatoes were on the plate as well .... cut in little cubes and as our other items, done to perfection and seasoned well.
Prices were a little on the high side, but well worth the flavorful selections. An excellent choice for a stop if going to or through Patagonia.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank DesertBoomers
Salt Lake City, Utah
“fine but not memorable”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My kids had grilled cheese which came with chips, but not with a drink for $5 each. I had a large salad - that was $10.

I think the place is better know for being a coffee shop. I went here as a second choice since the Velvet Elvis (the whole reason we came) was closed on summer break.

Visited June 2012