“Weirdest golf course on the planet”

Emerald Canyon Golf Course
Ranked #4 of 17 things to do in Parker
Surprise, Arizona
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Weirdest golf course on the planet”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Hard to describe this place. Gimmicky comes to mind. Very narrow fairways, extremely fast greens, and a par 5 for men that is a par 3 for women. The funny thing is the staff treats everyone like they are there to tear the place up. Militant player assistants skulk around the course just waiting for someone to stray from the path so they can swoop down and excoriate the offender. In the café, I ordered 2 beers and asked them to put them into a cooler with a little ice so they would be cold, a service that is always available. The waitress warned me in no uncertain terms that I was not allowed by law to bring my own beer on the course. I had to explain to her that I was buying beer from her, in case it had slipped her notice. Lots of wind here most of the time. Indeed, we had 30-40 mph winds the first day we played, making for an interesting day.

Visited December 2013

Parker, Arizona
“Great Place To Golf!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I went golfing here with my son and daughter. The staff was very accommodating and friendly to my children and me. The course was well manicured, challenging and the staff kept the play moving and monitored the course well. As always, the Parker weather was perfect! Go check it out....you will be glad you did!

Visited December 2013
Alberta Beach, Alberta, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Golf Course Around”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

If you ever get a chance to play this course, DO NOT PASS IT UP. It is the most beautiful course I have ever played. Very reasonable. Do not plan to walk, because you can't. Far too long and so many altitudes. It is inexpensive for what you get. I really can't describe it, it is something you have to experience.

Visited November 2013
Casa Grande, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Play if only for the views !”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Course was in excellent shape and, as always, a challenging track ! I played here one year ago and consider this course a " Must Play " in the state of Arizona !

Visited November 2013
McCall, Idaho
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Jewel of the Desert”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful and challenging course for a beginner. Amazing scenery and some crazy places to tee off. We did see a rattlesnake coming up to the 17th hole.

Visited April 2013