“OMG what a dump!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Parker
BlueWater Resort and Casino
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Parker
Surprise, Arizona
“OMG what a dump!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

If you are a smoker and don't mind bird feces you can disregard this review. We stayed here over New Years for 4 days. The room was adequate and the housekeeping staff was competent and practically invisible, which is what I like in a maid service. However, every room has a balcony overlooking the Colorado River, which is nice, but there was so much bird feces on it we could not bring ourselves to use it. Visits to our traveling companion's rooms revealed identical conditions. It seems like they never clean the balconies. Additionally, the hallways, which are exposed to the outdoors, are rarely swept. In the 4 days we were there the same pile of debris remained outside our room. Upon arrival, we pulled into the "registration" lane at the casino entrance. I left my wife in the car and proceeded to the front desk. Before I could get to the door I was accosted by a valet parking attendant who demanded my keys, "in case they need to move my car". There was only one clerk at check in so that took an inordinate amount of time. Luggage trolleys are for the use of staff only so if you want to haul your gear to your room on your own you will make several trips. We let the staff take ours and the bell boy was very nice and helpful. The entire casino is a smoker's paradise. There are no non-smoking areas outside the 2 restaurants. Drink are served in plastic cups, and I mean all drinks. A martini is just not the same from a plastic cup. The huge big screen TV in the main bar area is awesome, but 1 day prior to the last regular season football game no one could tell me what game would be shown the next day. Turned out not to matter because the bar was full and practically everyone was smoking. The River Willow restaurant was quite nice. We had reservations for 10 and only 6 showed, but the staff allowed us to remain at the larger table in case anyone showed up late. Food was excellent, service very good. The brunch in the café is another story. Heinous and cost $15 (senior rate). To be avoided at all costs. I've been to many casinos, and this one is definitely the worst I've seen. We won't be back.

Room Tip: All rooms have the same view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Gwandac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Ive stayed here 3 times. All their rooms face the river and have a balcony, the "marine" rooms are slightly larger and on the first floor so people can get to their boats easier. It's nice to have a guaranteed view of the river, very pretty.
The rooms are average, standard kitschy decorations, and pretty clean (I've stayed at places in Parker with roaches this is a definite upgrade). TV with standard channels, toiletries provided, free wifi.

They have an enormous indoor water slide with pool area. I've never taken the plunge myself, but kids are always having a blast, looks fun!

The hotel is right on the river, which is absolutely beautiful, there's a swimming area next to the marina, and a small cantina on the water that has drinks and food from breakfast till late night.

The best part of this hotel is the value. The Best Western is most often twice as much, plus this hotel is right on the water. And other small motels in the area are similar in price but are way grungy (trust me, I've stayed in them).

Lots of families and groups of friends, very lively hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms face the river, you can't go wrong! I personally like rooms on the higher floors (ther...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank JaeCox
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Final story we loved our stay for Labor day weekend and Bluewater Resort employees especially check in supervisor and housekeeping supervisor made it work and we were very happy. We had a few glitches at check in but they were completely resolved with out hassles. Thanks again Blue water for making our weekend awesome!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank riverratpac
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here on a Thursday-Sunday trip. It was our first time at this hotel. Bell hop that brought our bags was super cool and helpful with river info and tips.
Bed was huge king. Very comfy. Our House Keeper was the coolest. I forget her name but she was the most polite, happy housekeeper I have ever come across. Especially while pushing her cart in 115 degree heat. Gave us everything we needed and did it with a smile. Always said hello when we passed by.
The cantina on the water was decent. the food is bar food but it was expected. The casino is limited to games. No roulette and no craps. Im thinking because of it being Indian Casino. Couldn't get a seat at the black jack table so can't comment on that. Pulled up to the bar at chatted with the bartender. I believe his name was Darrin or Daryl. Long pony tail with a goatee. This guy was real cool. He was full of good conversation while we played video poker and had some drinks. All drinks are made with a jigger and nothing is comped for gambling. So remember that. But it was still a good time. I hit 4 of a kind and a straight flush so it made it a lot more fun. I would stay here again in a heart beat the next time.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room which was nice to have a patio to walk right out to the boat dock. No stai...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gerbs06
williams az
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Check in was good . Got to room and it smelled! Went down to the pool and the plants walls ects where so dirty! With all the employees standing around they could grab a hose! Breakfast the next morning was just as bad service was not good and pretty sure they serve powder eggs!
Went to pool that afternoon and two drunk MEN stumbled in went down slide and stood in the pool laughing that he peed! Needless to say we left!!! Would be a great place if they clean it up! And monitor the drunks coming off the river!

• Stayed August 2013
Anaheim, California
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Blue Water Casino is a well kept place, not too bad if your a non-smoker, (since smoking is allowed). We were just passing through, didn't stay overnight. The sports bar has many screens to catch whats happening if your not a gambler or need a break in the action. Parking lot is huge, with lots of room for trailers & boats. The water park inside is popular, although the smell of chlorine is pretty strong. Nice marina if you arrive by boat. The Rivers Edge Cantina out on th watres edge has a great view if you sit outside, but service is terrible. The day I was there was medium busy, they had 4 employees behnd the bar. Two must have been supervisors or something because they did nothing. One was only involved with a party of 4 or 5, the other poor girl was trying to cover everyone else alone. "A" for effort, but she really could have used some help. You would think one if the supers could give her a hand to catch up. would like to try the buffet in the casino but it wasn't open when we were there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Okay, so the first time we went here (about 2 years ago), we all had a blast! We loved the indoor water park, had a marina room on the bottom floor and everything went smoothly. This time not so much. I admit, I did not book the room far in advance because we had last minute approval for time off (from work). With that being said, I called in and reserved two (2) QUEEN rooms for 3 nights for our party. Since we were taking a lot of kids (2 adults, 5 kids), we needed to book two rooms. I relayed this information to the representative over the phone, but she didn't really seem to give a sh**. She sounded like she had just finished smoking a pack of cigarettes and wanted to head out for another. I don't recall her name because she tried her best to hang up so quickly. In any case, I ended up (per her request) booking the rooms online for the first two nights, and then calling back in and booking the third night over the phone. It was a pain in the butt just to book the rooms. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered so many problems, even when booking trips out of the country. Anyways, so we checked in last week and the girl at the registration desk was rude as heck. Personally, a lot of times when I read the reviews online, I don't read a lot into it because I feel like people have different levels of pickiness and I'm not all into judging a place by every single tiny detail. But when I was checking in and the girl was being rude, all i could think of were the reviews on this site.....
So apparently, Smokey (the phone rep), booked us for 1 queen room and 1 king room for the duration of our trip. Even though I had booked the first two nights online (and received confirmation for two queen rooms), she changed it in their system to one king room without any additional confirmation. The worst part was that the rooms were not even adjoining. When I booked the rooms, I was very adamant that we wanted connecting rooms because we were traveling with kids…and obviously we didn’t want to separate. When I told the front desk girl this, she looked like she couldn’t give two f***’s. Excuse my language, she just made me upset. She just looked at me blankly and basically said 'there's nothing we can do.' BULLCRAP! I had the printed confirmations of the hotel accommodations showing what we paid for...Anyways, bottom line is that I ended up speaking to a supervisor, Shane, who was really nice...He agreed to comp us a roll away for the three nights. We still weren't in connecting rooms and this made it extremely difficult for a family who packed one pack of toothpaste, shampoo/ conditioner, and body wash. I know we could have probably used the hotel stuff, but really, the stuff is never good, so we seldom use the hotel soaps for our personal needs.
It was not all bad, though. The rooms were decent. All rooms have views of the river and I think the view is beautiful. We liked that we were able to park the boat out on the marina and not have to worry about pulling it out each night. We called housekeeping once to request more towels and I swear, no sooner than I hung up was someone at our door with a bag of towels. So that was awesome….kind of scary that it was so fast! Hahaha!
As for food, we ate at the restaurant on the resort the first night. It wasn’t a buffet that night and I thought the food was really good. I had the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and veggies….My son had chicken tenders and fries and liked it, but my daughter and niece had the chicken fettuccine and said it didn’t have flavor, though. Our waiter was really good. I can’t recall his name, but he was really personable and attentive. We ate there another day, too. It was on a Friday night and we all had the buffet (you have a choice of ordering off of the menu or ordering the buffet). The food that day was blah so I don’t think I would eat there for the buffet again. Our waiter was nice again, though. So service in the restaurant was great (never lacking or rude with us)
Let’s see, what else can I say about this place? The indoor water park is cool for kids. It keeps them busy for a while. Ours had fun recording themselves going on the water slide a million times. We also went to the movie theatre to see Turbo. We went to the early showing and when we bought our tickets, we found out that they had matinee prices, which was a nice surprise. The arcade was okay…the typical Chuck e cheese’esque type of place where you pay about $50 for a rubber ducky that you could have bought at the 99 cent store. Lol. But alas, the kids had a good time so I guess that’s all that matters. Oh, and a previous poster mentioned feeling ‘unsafe’ during their stay here….There was never a moment when any of us felt unsafe. The place itself was decent and MOST of the staff members were nice and attentive. Another lady at the registration desk (she was an older lady with short reddish hair) was really helpful in the subsequent days. I can’t recall her name…Oh and Katie at “The Club” desk was very nice as well. So not EVERYONE was rude there….
All in all, it was a decent trip….I’m not sure we would come back again for a third visit because of the problems that we had during the booking / registration process….but we’ll see.

Room Tip: Book the room early. Marina rooms are better because they allow you to have easy access to the marin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank sylvia2381
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parker
Best Western Parker Inn
#10 of 24 in Lake Havasu City
Quality Inn Parker
Quality Inn Parker
#4 of 11 in Parker

Been to BlueWater Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!