“Bluewater”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Parker
BlueWater Resort and Casino
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Parker
Garden Grove, California
“Bluewater”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Nice place to say. This was our 3rd time to stay at this resort. You can unload and dock your boat right beside your room, very nice. The rooms are average but very clean. Overall good prices. They have only a couple of place s to eat which were mostly understaffed. The food is good if your not in a hurry, We also had the buffet which was good. It was much better than the last time. Generally you want to find one or two things on a buffet that you personally like but this time they had several items including prime rib which they were carving. We will go back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank randy j
Casinotank, Public Relations Manager at BlueWater Resort and Casino, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us! I'm glad you found the food options more enjoyable this visits. We look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I rated this resort a 3 out of 5; taking off one point for the general lack of customer service and one point for not feeling safe. We had a great time on our first visit to Parker to celebrate some friends getting married on the property at the BlueWater Cantina, otherwise I may have scored lower.

Reservations: I called months ahead to book our room in the group block reserved by the bride & groom. I called at 8:30pm not really worried about the time as the website showed an 800 number for reservations. The lady on the phone said I needed to call back in the morning because the reservation agents were out for the evening. No problem there, except she was not at all interested in helping me make a reservation. The next morning, I called at 8am to again make our reservation and that lady was much more helpful and friendly. I asked her when was the best time to make reservations and she told me that front desk agents are available 24 hours each day.

Confirmation: After successfully making a reservation, I never received a confirmation email. I waited until 2 weeks before our trip to call and ask them to check the address they had on file and resend the confirmation. They had my email address incorrect by 1 letter which was no big deal - the agent on the phone was very nice and mistakes happen - no use getting upset. Up until 3 days before our trip, I still never received a confirmation email. This would not have been such a big deal to me if the website had general information such as check-in times, check-out times, room amenities, etc. So I eventually just called and asked for a confirmation number to cover my own butt. Sort of annoying.

Check-in: We attempted to check in and/or pre-register around noon, and we were told that our room would not be ready until 5pm. I still don't know what time actual check-in is due to not receiving a cinfirmation email, but usually it is 3 or 4pm. We asked why so late and the question was not answered. We were simply told that if we wanted to stay on the other side of the resort they would have a room ready shortly, but if we wanted the party block room it wouldn't be ready until 5.

Room: The room was nice. We had a great view of the river, which it looked like each room did. The patio overlooked the wakeboard island: that was awesome entertainment. We did, however, book a single king room and got sent to a double queen. Though we were disappointed in the mixup, we did not complain and I'm sure they would've fixed it if at all possible. This did actually end up being a blessing in disguise because the beds were so uncomfortable, my husband and I ended up sleeping in separate beds. Throughout the night, if one person even moved a tiny bit, it was impossible for the other person to sleep through it. Housekeeping brought up a mini-fridge upon request to our room = very convenient. Every single housekeeper we encountered was VERY hospitable, though we did not have our room cleaned during our stay. We kept the DND out for the duration.

Amenities: We ate Sunday breakfast buffet at the Grille. Food was nothing amazing, but the staff was very nice and hospitable. We ate dinner at the Cantina where Lacey was our server. They certainly did not skimp on the bacon in the BLT. Lacey was great. The wakeboard island, like I said, was entertaining and had I not been pregnant I would have participated as I am an avid wakeboarder. The docks were in great shape. I did rent a stand-up paddle-board on our last day there and had a blast. The pool was nice, but the water was pretty cold for being an indoor only area. Each day you have to release any liability to use the pool and receive wristbands. I understand this concept, but it was a little excessive to have to sign your life away each day. If you do not return your $3.00 towel by the end of each day, the hotel will charge you $50.00. We eventually decided to avoid the pool, as I was pregnant and felt like if I slipped and fell, the pool attendant wouldn't even ask me if I was alright. The whole feeling of the daily release of liability was a little off-putting to say the least. My husband played black jack in the casino - but we're not big gamblers, so I don't have much of a review for the games, but the pool and the grill were open to the casino and therefor smelled of stale cigarettes. Comes with the territory of a casino though.

Safety: The night of the wedding, the mother of the groom passed out and hit her head. The resort basically lacked any standard operating procedure for emergency situations. When a security officer showed up, (not in any hurry) she simply handed a clipboard to a witness and asked her to fill it out. Someone else called the ambulance, and my husband had to meet them at the boat dock and brief them on the situation and let them know where they were supposed to be going. He also asked if anyone working in the cantina was CPR/First Aid/AED certified and their answer was simply "no." Basically, if you hurt yourself on this property whether it be one of the many safety ignorances blatantly noticeable or your own fault, no one was prepared to be helpful or even concerned. You're on your own at this resort.

Check-Out: We held the room with a credit card - generally the standard at most resorts. My husband went to the front desk to check us out. They immediately charged our credit card - when we intended to pay with another card - ANNOYING!!! They also did not review any of the charges before immediately running the card without asking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank -vbd_ut-
Casinotank, Public Relations Manager at BlueWater Resort and Casino, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Reviewed May 30, 2013

we stayed Memorial weekend and had an excellent time the rooms were clean the staff was professional the cafe by the river had excellent breakfast in the morning and did not skimp on coffee which was great. the docks for the boats are in great shape and very safe. Wakeboard Island was an awesome feature. Even though the resort was booked we were still able to get a few rounds of blackjack in and the dealers and all the staff were very professional

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank riverratpac
Casinotank, Public Relations Manager at BlueWater Resort and Casino, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We can't wait to see you again!
Sun City, Arizona
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We visit the BlueWater regularly and enjoy staying in their King Parlor suites. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the rooms are excellent. There is a huge party patio on each suite that faces the river.

Room Tip: The suites are roomy and have a kitchen area with wet bar, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and blend...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We thank you so much for your patronage! We love hearing from our guests, and we're so happy you had a great time! Safe Travels!
La Mesa, California
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've always had the best time at the Blue Water Resort and Casino. I've been coming there for the last 10 years. I've stayed in regular rooms and suites. Every room I've stayed in had a beautiful decor and the bed has always been comfortable. I only suggest that you put 4 pillows on the bed instead of 3. The towels and other linens are wonderful. Every room has a spectacular view or the Colorado River and the sunsets are amazing. The dining is good and reasonably priced and I especially love the stuffed mushrooms at the River Willow Steak House. I've won on the slot machines several times. Once I won over $500.00 on Caveman Keno. I like the fact that the movie theatre is right next door and the Cantina is always a blast. The music at the Dig Bar is awesome. I can't wait to come back. I have reservations for my birthday in June of this year. I recommend this place for those that have boats, love to have an amazing view from their room and love to party.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SUN CITY, CA
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We spent a night last week without making a reservation. It was a Sunday night so we knew our chances were good at getting a room. Before we left on our short trip, I had checked internet rates so I knew basically what I was going to pay. When I asked the deskclerk how much more for a river view, she told me all of the rooms were riverview. Well on the internet, its broken down into two groups; standard and marina view, with about a $10 difference. So always ask for a standard room. The room was large and clean, the view was terrific and the bed was comfortable, and the shower was good. What more do you expect for $55 per night. You are at the river in Parker, AZ not Las Vegas. Anyway, the previous time we had been there, there had been a small buffet. they have taken that away and its a resturant. Again nothing spectacular, but adequate. OK food with OK prices. I don"t know how hectic or busy the weekends are, but we'll be back again and we're bringing the boat and exploring this part of the Colorado River.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the river, so don't pay an up fee for a marina view room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FIREFLY60
Casinotank, Public Relations Manager at BlueWater Resort and Casino, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back!
Riverside, California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Management is VERY Dishonest in what they tell you we had a very bad experience from the beginning, they made a mistake in booking our room with pets we ended up switching rooms and that was fine until they tried to put us in a smokey stinky room (No offense to smokers) I was just very sensitive due to just quitting a year before so then I asked for a different room I had to wait with no room and 2 dogs for a few hours ok we got through that. and to make a long story short it ended up a busting in to the room with an assault against a small women who refused to be picked on by there manager and security and she did say call the police before they entered the room with NO cause. This all from a Manager on some Power Trip who told them to do what they did :(( , and then suddenly have no surveillance cameras on that day to prove what they did and how awful they really are .. Go ahead and go but beware of the false stuff that goes on there from the management ... staff really nice Managers Complete LIars and Bullies ... and I have stayed in Many of Beautiful Hotels this is not one of them due to the underlying problems and lack of sincerity :((

Room Tip: if you dont mind a very loud air conditioner funky pillows and VERY Bad Management you will be fine...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank casnowflake
"We're sorry that you had a bad experience and we'd love the chance to resolve it. Could you please send an email describing your situation to feedback@bluewaterfun.com and we will deliver your message to the appropriate department."

Travelers are raving about these Parker hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parker
Best Western Parker Inn
#10 of 24 in Lake Havasu City
Quality Inn Parker
Quality Inn Parker
#4 of 11 in Parker

Been to BlueWater Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!