“Pleasant time had by all.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Parker
BlueWater Resort and Casino
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Parker
Covina
“Pleasant time had by all.”
Reviewed May 20, 2008

My family along with several friends and their families have been staying at Bluewater Resort for a week or more every summer. with the exception of last year when my daughter had surgery. The food is not bad, but when staying for 8 to 10 days we do have to get out of the Resort for other food. I have never had a problem with food trays staying out too long although some to put their trays outside the door. If I see it, I say something at the desk and it is generally taken care of right away. My only complaint was the bellman/valet. He was rude and excatly another discribed him. I am going back this July for 10 days with about 50 people.

• Liked — For a short term stay it has everything you need
  • Disliked — The bellman/valet. His job is to help your stay start out with a smile.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
La Habra Heights, CA
Reviewed March 28, 2008

We had three families that stayed at the BlueWater for 3+ nights and we had a great time. Fortunately we did not experience "room service" carts left in the corridors collecting bugs. The river front rooms with balconies were clean, nice sized (furniture is cheap) and the water slide was a lot of fun. There is some noise that come from late night boaters/partiers at the dock, but the room fan is so loud, it will block out most of the noise.

Buffet was reasonably priced for breakfast and the drive up beach was really convenient with a "no wake" zone in front of the entire hotel, so it's pretty peaceful on the beach. Beautiful setting and overall the Hotel was better than we had expected based on the previous review. Service is OK, but not necessarily friendly and we had a bit of a mix-up with our reservations. Fortunately they weren't sold out so we could switch to our desired two double bed room, after the first night.

Be super clear on your reservation, and double check before you arrive.

• Liked — river front with balconies
  • Disliked — noisy boaters late at night on dock
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed August 5, 2007

Having stayed at the Blue Water 3-4 times per year since they have opened, our last stay was hideous. We had brought along friends, and frankly we were embarrassed. The hotel has gone progressively down hill each year. Room service was terrrible, they messed up our simple breakfast order three times. Room service trays were outside the hall for days, spilled liquid trash was allowed to dry and attract bugs in the outdoor hallways. A huge food stain was on our patio and never cleaned up. The floor was not vacuumed, even after we called and left noticed that we had accidently tracked in some sand. The linens were not changed, even though we had requested service....there is a note left by the management suggesting that the linens not be changed each day. The food, all levels, all restaurants, is hideous, I'm sure that at one point it started out as real food, but they render it inedible. At the fine restaurant, Willow, they were unable to find the key to the wine cabinet to get out the white wine that we had ordered...we settled for a bottle of red. The meal was expensive, we had a long wait as well, even with reservations, with no apologies. The casino really is tight as another party commented, I'm inclined to call the gaming board. They are the only game in town other then very modest motels, and they know it. So we will have to stay again, our plan: sleep on top of the beds, wear shoes, and eat elsewhere.

• Liked — on the river
  • Disliked — cleanliness, service, food, tired infrastructure
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank LucieT2124

Travelers are raving about these Parker hotels

Irvine, CA
Reviewed October 28, 2006

Disclaimer: I spent a Sunday night here, during off-season. It is most likely that conditions here are quite different [busier] during another time of year.

The small town of Parker is just a blip on the radar between I-10 to the south and Needles [and Las Vegas] to the north, with nary a Target or Walmart in sight. The biggest thing the BlueWater has going for it, is that it is on the Colorado River, off Hwy 95. If you were not looking for it, you wouldn't even know it was there, about one-mile north of where civilization abruptly ends.

When I drove-up to the entrance, the place lacks all the glitz and bling of a Vegas casino. Except for the signage, I wasn't even sure I was at the right place!

The outside bellman/valet was a bit of a grump, barking orders at arriving guests and getting upset if his orders were not precisely followed. I was on the yelling end of his tirade and soon shrugged him off and parked my car myself lugging my bags through the parking lot. This was not a good first impression.

The staff inside were another story. Nobody I dealt with had attitudes, and were generally friendly, although they do seem to be friendlier with locals/regulars. That's okay I guess.

The casino reminds me of some smaller casinos in the Vegas area. It almost feels 'cozy'. There are a handful of gaming tables, surrounded by a modest selection of slot and video poker machines. Smoke didn't seem to be a major issue due to decent air circulation and a very high ceiling.

There are several options when you are hungry, from borderline expensive to a snack bar with a decent menu, including Sloppy Joes! The dinner buffet looked rather weak, so I opted for the coffee shop instead. The buffet at breakfast was quite acceptable and only $6.

The rooms are detatched from the casino, so noise and smoke aren't a factor. Actually, you briefly exit the hotel and enter your room through an outside corridor. Note that the casino is third floor, even though it is street level from the front entrance. There are rooms above AND below casino level.

All the rooms face the river/marina and have a nice balcony. Since it WAS the off-season, there weren't many boats docked at the marina and it was very quiet. All I could hear were birds, hence my peaceful remark, as I slept with the glass door open.

The room was very clean and perfectly sized with two queen beds. No high speed internet or coffee maker [no surprise] and limited TV staions; but hey, it's a casino and they want you gambling!

I rarely do pools that often, but this pool is cool! The 'Indoor Waterpark' is actually an assortment of several pools of varying sizes, depths, and temperatures, including a small water slide. Towels were abundant.

If you live within a few hours drive of Parker and the BlueWater, and just want to get away, without the hype of Vegas, this place is perfect. In the summer, you can float your boat right up to the rear of the hotel and spend the night [if you can stand the heat]. If you get bored, you can always make the short drive to 'downtown' Parker and look for some excitement, and/or supplies.

I had a good time here!

• Liked — A different place to spend the night instead of Blythe!
  • Disliked — Unable to book a room through their website, only telephone.
  • Tips/Secrets — Have fun!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank airlinestuff
tucson arizona
Reviewed October 10, 2006

Awesome buffet, nice staff, good drink prices, nice lounge with good entertainment. Just about everything you need is right here - very convenient. We stayed five nights, and kept our boat in the resorts private marina. We danced in the lounge, and ate lots of meals in the buffet. We'll be back!

Stayed October 2006
3 Thank goofinoff
Apple Valley, Ca.
Reviewed July 27, 2006

We just got home from a week at the Bluewater. My wife, myself and 4 children had a great time. The staff was friendly and helpful. The waterpark was great. The hotel has easy beach access. The machines were a little tight, but you win some and you lose some. Beautiful sunsets from the balcony of your room. Rooms are very basic, beds are comfortable and A/C worked great. Price was very reasonable. Food was not amazing, but good and affordable. Would recommend to a friend.

• Liked — Friedly Staff and beach/boating access
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank RANMAMCA
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 26, 2006

Has to be the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in.From the neighbors coughing and using the rest room,to people walking in the hall and talking.Soundproofing for the rooms didn't exist.Buffet in the Casino was ok.

Stayed January 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parker
Best Western Parker Inn
#4 of 10 in Parker
Harbour Inn
Harbour Inn
#2 of 10 in Parker

Been to BlueWater Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!