“LOVED IT!! (So did the littles!)”

JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel! The inside is decked OUT for the holidays! A highlight for our 2 & 5 year old was the life size gingerbread village in the main lobby! We LOVED the staff!!! Nico, in particular got right down on the kids level and made them feel so welcomed and desired! He even brought cookies for the kids to enjoy as we left! He was also quite knowledgeable on the area and activities, and we all enjoyed having a friendly face to run into! The food was quite good. We enjoyed both room service and their Italian restaurant for dinner. The views were stunning of the mountains! The golf course looked very inviting, and the hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays! I will say I was not crazy about the in room balcony. It was not fully divided. My kids could easily walk to the neighbors balcony. The most important things to me are service, cleanliness, and ambience. (I want it to feel beautiful everywhere I go!) The JW certainly delivered on all these! The food and amenities were bonus! Enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Rachel S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,060)

Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is a beautifully landscaped and designed inn.The adobe and architecture blends with the surrounding mountains and creates a warm and comfortable theme that is maintained throughout.
Most staff are very helpful : particularly Jason at the desk, Gigi and Orlando in the restaurant. Chris in the gift shop is a gem.
Good value hotel with great surroundings and pleasantly professional staff.
I highly recommend staying at the Camelback Inn.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2013

First time to Arizona and we were amazed with everything here, including this wonderful hotel. It's a very unusual set up - spread out over acres of property nestled up against Camelback Mountain. Our room was incredible - large and very well appointed. It felt as if we had our own little cottage. Single story with a little patio area on the garden. We loved that you didn't look out onto the drive or parking lot but into a little oasis of property. It felt very secluded and private. Beautiful towels and bedding and a very comfortable bed. Restaurant food was fabulous - we enjoyed all our meals. Starbucks on site. Entertainment at happy hour every night. We found out that the locals even come here to eat and for happy hour! Great values for drinks and food. Spent a day in the spa area - you just need to book one treatment and you can use the facilities for the day. I even took 2 fitness classes (included). Very relaxing and quiet area and I felt very pampered. I only booked a manicure so you don't have to spend a fortune. Really cool area at the back of the property where they host cook outs - great little western town. There's even a kids playground. The resort was decorated for Christmas which even made it more special - lots of lit snowflakes hanging from the trees and lights all around the cacti. A beautiful tree in the lobby where I sat with coffee every afternoon. The staff were all wonderful, each and every one of them. Some of the nicest concierges I have every met who really were helpful.

Room Tip: There's a lot of walking here so pick a room close to the front. Otherwise they will come and p...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Deborahjune
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This was our first stay at this property and we could not have been more pleased with our entire experience. Friendly helpful staff, beautiful grounds. We arrived around the 4pm check-in and were shown promptly to a room in a quiet area of the resort. Plenty of parking close to the units - nice to not have to walk far with bags. The room was tastefully decorated, very comfortable and clean. Small wet bar in unit contained refrigerator, MW & sink. Decent sized balcony which overlooked the grounds and nearby mountains - we had a 2nd floor unit but noticed most buildings were just one story. Convenient full-service Starbucks on site for morning coffee. We had a great breakfast at Rita's - the buffet looked incredible if you have a large appetite. We opted to order off the menu and it was excellent as well. The pool area was clean and quiet - at least in Dec. The Spa looked beautiful and we did tour the building but did not have time for treatment or use of the facility. Our biggest regret was we stayed only 3 nights and would have loved to have stayed a week!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have been out to visit Scottsdale before, and although I stayed in a beautiful hotel the last time, it didn't compare to this beautiful resort. This "resort," it is full of charm and a South Western flair. I never felt like I was in a resort ( I prefer smaller, quaint hotels). The gardens, pathway strolls, quiet atmosphere, along with the bunny rabbits and hummingbirds, gave the experience of being in a little oasis. My room was spacious, beautiful, and comfortable. Loved, loved the beds and bedding. Had a fantastic view of the amazing AZ sunset from the second floor balcony. While hotel restaurants are not always the best, the restaurants at JW Marriott Camelback were really, truly outstanding ( I am a picky diner and I loved the food!). Be sure not to over order, the portions are huge. My 16 year old daughters loved it, and all the amenities. I didn't want to leave! Next time I am in Scottsdale, Camelback in Paradise Valley is where I will be. Thank you to the wonderful staff.

Room Tip: I switched rooms after the first night. I was moved to 472 suite with king size bed and second floor...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We visited Camelback Inn for a belated anniversary trip the first week of December. Unfortunately, there was a cold snap while we visited, but it didn't really detract from our experience. The resort is quite beautiful, with views of the surrounding Camelback and Mummy mountains. Our room was spacious, modern and had a very comfortable bed. Hiking, massage, tennis and golf made our to-do list, and we managed to accomplish all. We found the staff to be professional, engaging and courteous from beginning to end. Even though there were conferences taking place during our stay, we never felt encroached upon.

Room Tip: Our room was located near the Spa at a higher elevation, making for a nicer view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Unparelled property with spacious rooms and great spa. Spa package is super deal! The only minor issue is we had trouble getting through to front desk. Phone would ring 10 plus before pick-up. Totally minor. Everything else was perfect!

• Stayed: December 2013
Resort_Leadership, Manager at JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thanks for your feedback! Please come visit again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Valley
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Desert Ridge
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa

Been to JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!