JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Tucson, Arizona
“Really?”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Views and grounds are very nice, the hotel is quite old, yet we could hear everything from other rooms, not relaxing at all. The decor is really ugly and dated, urgent need for an interior designer. Room service food was very disappointing, but the worst part were the charges they mistakenly made, which they have been unable to fix. The hotel was prepaid at booking, yet they charged us again for it twice, once at check out, they told us they fixed it, and again when we got home, really?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank viajerocdh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
Boston, MA
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was here on business but intend to come back for pleasure. This place is gorgeous, and the service could not be more gracious. Meals and drinks were all top notch, even room service. The Spa is a wonderful too, and the treatments are well worth the money. I cannot think of a single complaint - other than that I had to leave! I was in room 256 which was perfect for me. It's patio is not as private as that of some rooms but I asked to be close to the pool and fitness center so I could exercise in the morning before my meetings. The property is quite large so be aware of that.

Room Tip: You should take into account the size of the property and to what you want to be near.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Resort_Leadership, Manager at JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
We're glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This would have gotten 5 stars if not for a couple of annoying experiences. I have been a Marriortt platinum member for some time and this one of the most gorgeous properties with the friendliest staff. We loved our room, the view at sunset that overlooked Camelback Mountain/downtown Phoenix and the firepits at night with live music. We also thoroughly enjoyed both the spa treatments as well as the bikes that are available for use.

However, we did have two annoying experiences that I have yet to experiece at a Marriott, much less a JW Marriott. The first night included our very inebriated neighbors waking us up at 2:15 a.m. in the morning. We did call the front desk but the noise continued until 4 a.m. I will give credit to the management team for comping our first night due to the interrupted sleep for an hour and 45 minutes in the middle of the night; they also offered to move us but since the couple had checked out, we preferred to stay and not have to repack. Secondly, we ordered food to go at Ritas that was incorrect; when I picked up the first time, the hostess did ask if "I had paid for the food;" really? I took it back to get the correct order and once again I was given the wrong items that I had paid for. I finally just returned the food as I wasn't thrilled to have to go to the restaurant 3 times to get something as simple as queso with a side of tortillas. Per my wife, maybe I should have checked the food each time rather than rely on the restaurant to get it correct.

To wrap it up, everything would have been perfect except for these two annoying experiences. There were many families here and seemed like a very good family oriented resort as well as good for couples alike.

Room Tip: Request a room in the high 500s as it overlooks the mountain. They were going to move us to a 2 bed...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have stayed at many resorts in the US and Mexico. Most of them 4-5 stars. Without question, this is by far the nicest resort I have ever stayed at. Staff-amazing, bend over backwards to make you feel relaxed and well looked after. Food-incredible, 5 star all the way. The tuna appetizer at BLT was one of the best things I ever at. Rooms and cleaning staff-top notch, the cleaning staff not only cleaned (duh) but also organized our room every day. The grounds-spectacular, awesome landscaping. The Spa-first class as well. I really have nothing bad to say about this resort. Loved it and hope to be back in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

This hideaway in the dessert is amazing. Rooms are large and each are like there own little private villas. Service was top notch and in most cases better than most premium luxury hotels I've ever stayed in. It was literally a flawless stay. The resort is huge but good exercise to get around. I was attending a conference and from start to finish was flawless with exceptional staff all around.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
South Cave
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife & I stumbled across The Camelback by accident 15 years ago & we've been back every year since then. Its peace & serenity is unequalled nestling under The Mummy Mntn in Paradise Valley. The 'Casitas' are spacious & very comfortable, the restaurants a joy and the Jackrabbit Pool extremely relaxing & safe for all the Family. However it is the Staff who make it from the front desk, to the bar & restaurant Staff, to the Bell Hops & Conciege, not forgetting the Maids & gardeners. Always a friendly wave & chat, nothing is too much trouble. Even saw a Bobcat stroll past our balcony one evening who seemed to turn & say "Hi folks". Top that! Try it, you'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for any room 614 to 619 for fantastic views of The Camelback Mountain & unbelievable Arizona...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Richard A
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We enjoyed this resort a lot. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite instead o a casita suite with a view. We enjoyed the larger suite, but we backed right up to Camelback road and the sound of the traffic was not peaceful. The rooms were nicely decorated in a western theme, and the bed was cozy and totally comfortable. The grounds are lovely, the pool area nice, but be sure to enjoy the spa. The services are excellent but the 2hours I spent in the steam room, then sauna, indoor whirl pool, outdoor pool, and finally outdoor whirlpool were splendid. Blt steak also has a 5-7 happy hour weekdays with cocktails and snacks to love--escargot, popovers, fries worth the calories. Overall we had a great 5 day visit. Marriott service as usual was virtually flawless.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite was great, but no escape from road traffic. For a peaceful stay, ask for a room...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Desert Ridge
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa

Been to JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!