JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
Hermosa Inn(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
$379
Hotels.com
Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
$1,489
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
$820
$519
Preferred Hotels
Mountain Shadows Resort Scottsdale(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
$237
$209
Travelocity
  • Pool
SmokeTree Resort & Bungalows(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$99
$349
$159
Residence Inn
Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$169
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Scottsdale Plaza Resort(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$128
$187
$169
2,118 results
All reviewsbltrita's kitchenjackrabbit poolmummy mountainjack rabbitsun decklive musicquailtop notchhappy hourspread outgolf cartgrounds are beautifulprivate poolmain buildinggift shopfitness room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 11 nights in an 'oversized' cassita booked via Marriott Vacations. We travel extensively and without doubt have to say our stay at the hotel was superb. The room was large with balcony and separate vast sitting out area - it was spotlessly clean. I suggest asking for a room close to the pool - some are quite a hike away as the resort is large - however saying that it never felt crowded. (we were there in Aug/Sept when quieter I gather). The food was always good - loved the Happy Hour prices in both Rita's and BLT........however we were very impressed by the staff. In Rita's I was unsure which Pinot Grigio I wanted. Two minutes later three glasses appeared for me to 'blind taste'! Didn't need to ask. Same in BLT - we missed the 'Popover' demo and without hesitation a private demo was arranged - again we didn't have to ask! The staff made our trip memorable. Can't name them all as each was brilliant. Pauline and her team and David with his - gems....The concierge staff, Bellboys - you name them.......thanks so much for making our stay perfect. As an aside we rec. Westwind Aviation and Southwest Tours - Jim Vaughan's company - all made our stay amazing......oh yes and AA flights!!!

Room Tip: As the hotel grounds are sprawling I suggest asking for a room close to the pool area - or if going for the spa near to it - very hot in the sun walking to the main restaurants otherwise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank deborah r
Resort_Leadership, Manager at JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! Pauline's and David's teams will be very pleased to hear your comment! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Having been incredibly disappointed with our last stay at the Wigwam Resort (see review), we decided to find a new resort where we could spend our Holiday Weekend
The JW Marriott Camelback was everything we used to get from The Wigwam, and more.
The grounds were beautiful, rooms were very nice with comfortable beds and GREAT air conditioning!
We had dinner at BLT Steak twice, and breakfast at Rita's Kitchen. While the breakfast was overpriced, the food was very good. BLT steak was pricey, but I wouldn't call it overpriced, as the food and service were excellent and worth every penny. The bartenders were friendly, and they had great Happy Hour specials.
We didn't play golf at this resort, but there are so many golf courses in the area that it didn't matter.
Looking forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an upgraded bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a great resort. It is exactly as showed on the web site. Our room was not ready when we arrived. I did not expect it to be because we arrived at 10:30 AM. I asked for a room as far away as possible from families. They put us way at the end of the resort in the last room of the last building with a view of the mountains. The room and overall resort were clean and the staff friendly.

The pool is a tad small and there are not enough parasols but it was clean and they had big bowls of ice and cold water dispensing machines. These were a Godsend. We particularly enjoyed the onsite Starbucks. I used the gym in the early morning. They have top of the line threadmills, stairmasters and bikes and ... they all worked! As everywhere else, the room was spotless and they even had earbuds for people like me who always forget them in the room.

We had 1 dinner and 1 breakfast at Rita's. The food was ok and overpriced but as expected for a resort. On the last night we celebrated a birthday at the BLT steakhouse. The food there was insanely expensive but very good. When I made the reservation, I mentioned that this was a birthday dinner. They had a nice table a bit to the side and private and gave us complimentary champagne, small appetizer and desert. Nice touch.

Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend this place. My only minor concern is the size of the pool. Several buildings were being renovated while we were there so the resort was not full. I'm not sure the pool area can fit everyone when all the rooms are booked.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet area and don't mind a little walk to the lobby and restaurants, ask for a room in the 600 series.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OntarioTraveler1
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I loved this place. Was here for Labor Day weekend between business trips in Phoenix and California.

The atmosphere in the public areas in the evenings, between the lighting, live music and climate, is fantastic. Chalet-style accommodation doesn't look much from the outside as you drive around the place, but the decor inside is lovely; really high quality room, bathroom, bed.

I thought the landscaping really made this place, with the huge cacti and palm trees set off by the mountains all around. The setting really is something else.

I had free wifi as I have the Marriott diamond card, but don't think it's normally free; a rip-off in all hotels if not free.

Breakfast was very nice, especially outdoors. Rita's restaurant was OK But nothing special for dinner, a bit ordinary. BLT steak restaurant is nice, but very expensive and incredibly NOISY! Decor is great, lighting very low, but I have to say, I thought a number of sides etc on the menu were just rehashed versions of stuff in the cheaper restaurant laid on with a bit more glamour at three times the price.

I was not always convinced in either restaurant that I was always getting the more expensive wine by the glass that I ordered; you might want to to ask to see the waiter pour it to be sure. Suspect there may be a house wine getting passed off as various higher-end ones.

Staff were very good.

Didn't use pool or spa, but both looked very nice.

Camelback area is really beautiful, and I quite liked what I saw of Scottsdale. Modern Instrument Museum was excellent.

All in all, highly recommended. I'd like to take to take my family here one day.

GPS doesn't get you quite to the hotel per the published zip code; call the hotel and they'll advise you what to enter into your GPS.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn over the Labor Day weekend and was wildly impressed. They offered a package with a room upgrade (to a casita -- totally recommended) and a $100 f&b credit. The pool was beautiful, the room was spacious and comfortable. It also has, without a doubt, the nicest bathroom of any hotel that I have ever seen.

Also, it was my friend's birthday and once they found out, the staff was exceptional, wishing her a happy birthday and even providing her with a personalized cake. We were so impressed! I cannot wait to stay here again, the sooner the better.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a casita
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends