I loved this place. Was here for Labor Day weekend between business trips in Phoenix and California.
The atmosphere in the public areas in the evenings, between the lighting, live music and climate, is fantastic. Chalet-style accommodation doesn't look much from the outside as you drive around the place, but the decor inside is lovely; really high quality room, bathroom, bed.
I thought the landscaping really made this place, with the huge cacti and palm trees set off by the mountains all around. The setting really is something else.
I had free wifi as I have the Marriott diamond card, but don't think it's normally free; a rip-off in all hotels if not free.
Breakfast was very nice, especially outdoors. Rita's restaurant was OK But nothing special for dinner, a bit ordinary. BLT steak restaurant is nice, but very expensive and incredibly NOISY! Decor is great, lighting very low, but I have to say, I thought a number of sides etc on the menu were just rehashed versions of stuff in the cheaper restaurant laid on with a bit more glamour at three times the price.
I was not always convinced in either restaurant that I was always getting the more expensive wine by the glass that I ordered; you might want to to ask to see the waiter pour it to be sure. Suspect there may be a house wine getting passed off as various higher-end ones.
Staff were very good.
Didn't use pool or spa, but both looked very nice.
Camelback area is really beautiful, and I quite liked what I saw of Scottsdale. Modern Instrument Museum was excellent.
All in all, highly recommended. I'd like to take to take my family here one day.
GPS doesn't get you quite to the hotel per the published zip code; call the hotel and they'll advise you what to enter into your GPS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unrivaled among Scottsdale resorts, JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa remains faithful to its storied history while boldly embracing the future. Located on a breathtaking 125-acre campus beneath Mummy Mountain, this stunning luxury resort features a hacienda style entry, casita guest rooms and impressive amenities that leave guests with the thought of "In all the world, only one..." In addition to 24-hour room service guests can indulge in the fresh restaurant offerings including Rita's Kitchen, R Bar, featuring live music and inviting fire pits, or the famed BLT Steak. Golfers will enjoy 36-holes of championship golf at Camelback Golf Club or instruction from the Advantage Golf School. Spa-goers can unwind at award-winning Camelback Spa with a signature spa treatment, or poolside beneath a cabana while overlooking Camelback Mountain. When you are ready to discover the local area, allow the professional concierges to compliment your interests with the perfect activity or attraction. It's easy to understand why families, business luminaries and leaders alike return to Camelback Inn year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Hotel Paradise Valley
- Jw Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Scottsdale
- Camelback Hotel Jw Marriott
- Marriott Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Marriott