JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
London, United Kingdom
“A real treat”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I loved this place. Was here for Labor Day weekend between business trips in Phoenix and California.

The atmosphere in the public areas in the evenings, between the lighting, live music and climate, is fantastic. Chalet-style accommodation doesn't look much from the outside as you drive around the place, but the decor inside is lovely; really high quality room, bathroom, bed.

I thought the landscaping really made this place, with the huge cacti and palm trees set off by the mountains all around. The setting really is something else.

I had free wifi as I have the Marriott diamond card, but don't think it's normally free; a rip-off in all hotels if not free.

Breakfast was very nice, especially outdoors. Rita's restaurant was OK But nothing special for dinner, a bit ordinary. BLT steak restaurant is nice, but very expensive and incredibly NOISY! Decor is great, lighting very low, but I have to say, I thought a number of sides etc on the menu were just rehashed versions of stuff in the cheaper restaurant laid on with a bit more glamour at three times the price.

I was not always convinced in either restaurant that I was always getting the more expensive wine by the glass that I ordered; you might want to to ask to see the waiter pour it to be sure. Suspect there may be a house wine getting passed off as various higher-end ones.

Staff were very good.

Didn't use pool or spa, but both looked very nice.

Camelback area is really beautiful, and I quite liked what I saw of Scottsdale. Modern Instrument Museum was excellent.

All in all, highly recommended. I'd like to take to take my family here one day.

GPS doesn't get you quite to the hotel per the published zip code; call the hotel and they'll advise you what to enter into your GPS.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn over the Labor Day weekend and was wildly impressed. They offered a package with a room upgrade (to a casita -- totally recommended) and a $100 f&b credit. The pool was beautiful, the room was spacious and comfortable. It also has, without a doubt, the nicest bathroom of any hotel that I have ever seen.

Also, it was my friend's birthday and once they found out, the staff was exceptional, wishing her a happy birthday and even providing her with a personalized cake. We were so impressed! I cannot wait to stay here again, the sooner the better.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a casita
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brent G
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I absolutely loved this place and would definately go back! When we first drove onto the property it was not quiet what we expected because all of the rooms are organized in small groupings of hacienda style buildings. There are probably 4 - 8 rooms in each building and everything is comfortably spread out. This actually worked to our advantage because it made things seem much more private and secluded.

The best part of this vacation was the SERVICE!!! It was fantastic! All of the employees were so incredibly genuine when they asked what they could help us with. The front desk staff made it a point to offer us special discounts/freebies knowing that we were there celebrating my birthday. The pool staff (especially Greg, Jessie, and Frankie) was wonderful, always making sure our drinks were full, offering complementary water and samples of frozen fruit, asking if there was anything else they could get for us. The restaurant staff at Rita's Kitchen, R Bar, Sprouts, and Hoppin Jack's were great as well.

The food was amazing. From the in-room dining to all of the on resort restaurants we visited, I never ate something I didn't like, or didn't want more of!

The Spa facility is beautiful and very tranquil. I took a Zumba class which was very fun, and my boyfriend utilized the fitness room, sauna/steam room, and cold pool which he enjoyed very much as well. My only disappointment was that there were not many options of things he and I could do together as they kept men and women mostly separate and they suggest making appointments for services (massages, salon services, facials etc) at least 5 WEEKS ahead of time. Needless to say, I had not made a reservation so I was unable to get an appointment. On the flip side, the Consierge did her best to help me find a spa at some other resorts with opennings, but no one anything available. I still very much appreciated her efforts! Again...the SERVICE WAS GREAT!

Every where we went around Scottsdale was the same story. Super friendly, great service, amazing food...this tirp is definately going in my top 5!

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a room close to the pool. The pool is very centrally located, however...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda M
Resort_Leadership, Manager at JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your comment! We apologize the spa was unable to find an appointment time for you, but we hope you will visit us again in the future!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The service is excellent. Property is amazing. The spa package is an awesome deal. Loved the spa it was just what we needed. Rita's has great food and drinks. The resort is near Fashion Square where you can take a trolley to nearby downtown areas and old town.

Room Tip: It appeared the rooms in the 350's and 330's area were close to the pool, lobby and restaura...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place is simply amazing. The people who work here go out of their way to accomidate you in everyway without being over the top or in your own personal space. We had a room close to the spa and it was perfect for us. We had plenty of room and nice porch and a shor walk to the spa and pool. We had a car but never ended up using it. The mexican restaurant was so good we ate there twice. I can't wait to go back there again.

Room Tip: If you are going to use the spa choose a room towards the back. Its quiter and a short walk.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cmcondos
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Large rooms quietly hidden from the nearby busy streets of Phoenix and Scottsdale. Excellent service. Parking can be a pain as you have to figure out where your room is in various free standing buildings and then find a spot nearby. Lobby, bar and restaurants definitely have old school Scottsdale vibe from the 40s. Group rate for my visit so I am not sure of the comparable value. When it is hot, you will definitely feel it in the walk from your room to the lobby/restaurants. I can see where old movie stars and celebrities would have stayed here.

• Stayed September 2013
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent from the first arrival. Everything was taken care of from the bags to check in to the excellent room to the amazing food. Service goes beyond expectations at this resort. The staff goes out of their way to accommodate the guests. Entertainment every nite. Pricey but you get what you pay for, excellence, drinks also great

Room Tip: we stayed in room 412 close to pool, front, restaurants, gift shop. Quiet east side and anywhere on...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa
Desert Ridge
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa

Been to JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!