“Beautiful Resort”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Resort”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our room was very nice and conveniently situated for the pool, reception and dining facilities. We did not dine within the resort and are unable to comment on the quality. We used the pool which was very clean with ample sunbeds, and my husband used the gym which he said was very good. The resort is very spread out with beautiful gardens. What did spoil our stay, and this is the reason I cannot award the resort as being 'excellent', was that there was a charge of almost $13 daily for internet use which is a total rip off. This was the last hotel on our road trip of several states and this was the only hotel that charged! To add insult to injury, on leaving we were presented with a bill for $85 - a resort tax. Although we had already pre-paid our bill via our holiday company, the receptionist was adamant that we had to pay this. As we were on our way to the airport, we didn't have time to dispute this and our holiday company are now sorting this out for us.

Room Tip: Ask to be near the pool, reception, dining areas. Otherwise you could have a long walk to facilitie...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
Payson, Arizona
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Food is great, if a little pricey. Drinks too but after a few it doesn't hurt so bad. We stayed in a casita that was positioned at the bottom of a deserty slope and we had a monsoon rainstorm as heavy as I've ever seen and water came under the front and back doors. Spent an hour soaking it up with towels and wringing them out in the tub. Other guests had the same problem but we don't blame the resort. They had their hands full with the deluge.
What I do blame them for is that they advertise "high speed internet" when it's as slow as a 2400 baud modem from 20 years ago. All hotels and resorts do that now and I think all of us travelers should withhold $20.00 from our bills until they actually provide the "high speed" that they advertise. Anybody with me?

Room Tip: During monsoon season request a casita that's not at the bottom of a wash.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Resort_Leadership, Manager at JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We’re sincerely sorry to hear about your monsoon experience. The resort is currently undergoing a fiber optic project improving our Wi-Fi connectivity. We hope you will join us again in the future!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I cannot speak of the property but the spa at JW Marriott Camelback is the best in the valley -and that's saying a lot because there are many nice spas. In terms of atmosphere, service, respect, value, and friendliness, there is no other spa that compares. It's upscale and down to earth at the same time and for me that's perfect!

It's a beautiful high-end atmosphere while maintaining a cozy comfort level unique to Arizona's laid back lifestyle. I've had many services: facials, massages, manicures, pedicures, and waxing and I've never ever been disappointed.

If you're visiting the area, staying at the resort, or are lucky local looking for a treat, visit Camelback Spa, it's the best!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you here again soon.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I decided we wanted to get away from Tucson for a night and head up to Scottsdale for some shopping and catch a Diamondbacks game so I called the platinum hotline and talked with the specialist about what Marriott properties were available and what deals. The deal we got was UNBELIEVABLE!!! Having nothing to do with what level I was they had/have a deal that is $169/night (normally $300 or so, so I've seen) that INCLUDES a $100 credit to be at anything in the resort (minus alcohol)! Basically giving the room for $69 bucks. So we decided add a spa appointment as well.

Checkin
This is the only part I thought was weird about the resort. You pull up into a circle and the parking attendant takes your keys, backs your car in and you go in to check in. You then come out and get back into your car and drive to your room. I'm sure you could valet and have the exceptionally helpful and nice parking attendants but the parking lot next to your building is more convenient. Checkin was quick and they answered all our questions...even got a $10 food and drink coupon because it was the first time we stayed there. We went back outside, got in our cars and the parking attendants actually drove a golf cart in front of us to our building and carried in our bags to the room.

Resort/Room
Resort is amazingly beautiful and I love the buildings have between 4-8 rooms. The common areas (lobby, bar, restaurant) all sit in the middle of the property and there's little paths that run from your building to those areas. It felt like we had our own bungalow and we were the only ones there. No hotel feel at all. The room was huge, with newly (like a week ago) renovated bathrooms. Sitting area with a couch, desk, and I got a balcony overlooking the Camelback Mountains(every room has a balcony or bottom floors have a patio). It even had a little kitchenette area. I have stayed in suites smaller than this room in other hotels.

Restaurant
We came back late night and hit the bar for some drinks and dessert. The bar actually always has about a dozen food items regardless of time...and it was legit burgers, steaks, appetizers etc. my wife got a strawberry shortcake that was very good and I decided to get chorizo and queso...HANDS DOWN NO QUESTION the best I ever had it was amazing.

We had breakfast at the restaurant but we were too early for there big brunch (which according to the flyer is big time with like everything). I still got the buffet which included omelet, waffles and the typical buffet. Definitely worth whatever it cost.

Spa
Absolutely tranquil! When you get any service you get access all day to the peaceful lap pool, sauna etc...my wife and I got pedicures (dont knock it until you try it haha) and they really do an great job including a leg and foot massage. Olga and I forgot the other older ladies name were great...excellent at what they do, personable, fun...but I could easily see if you wanted to be just down to business no talking they could do that as well.

I can't begin to express how much I love this resort. I will 100% be making this an annual thing at this hotel and i rarely like to stay at the same place for stuff like this. THANK YOU

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We are so glad you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to your return!
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2013

As we write this, many of the rooms are being refurbished. The rooms that we had though were a bit dated and worn. Regardless, the staff was fantastic, and made our stay very enjoyable. Service at the pool was impeccable. Unfortunately, we cannot rate the restaurants.

Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your comment. All guestrooms and bathrooms will be completed by the end of September. Come see us again!
South Amboy, NJ
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Visited in April and returned in July. Love the relaxing atmosphere, beautiful scenery and treatment from the staff. Had a few minor glitches which were dealt with immediately and the staff went out of their way to make up for any inconvenience. The pool staff is exceptional, every one of them is friendly and professional, always near to take care of any need we had. Happy hour in both R Bar and the BTL are wonderful. Nightly entertainment worth a listen.
People said we were crazy heading to Arizona in the heat; by were they wrong! This trip was for a week...left much too soon. Planning on returning next year and staying much longer!

Room Tip: Rooms in the 400s are the best.
1 Thank Ecampb
Resort_Leadership, Manager at JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are very pleased that our staff exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you return!
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had requested an upgrade for our room when we made the reservation. Much to my surprise the hotel upgraded our accommodations to the best room in the hotel. One with a private pool. I guess there are benefits from being a rewards member. Cannot not say enough about the room, nor the quality of the staff. Also, had lunch in the restaurant by the pool and the buffet breakfast. The food in both of these restaurants were excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#18 of 75 in Scottsdale
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!