My wife and I and our two young boys, ages 8 & 6, stayed at the Camelback Inn April 3 - 9, 2008 and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I was leery about the property after reading the negative posts on TA about the construction that's ongoing. I can see where if you have a certain room it may be more inconvenient than some others, but overall the construction is barely noticeable the majority of time you're on the property. I recommend you change rooms if you don't like the one they assign.
The staff is especially gracious and courteous. The pool is great if you have kids (if you're looking for peace and quiet, try elsewhere). The food at Hoppin Jacks is not only extremely good but the portions are very large and the prices are great, especially the kids plates. For $2.95 each my boys got a plateful of eggs, potatos, bowl of fruit, toast, and juice, and it was always too much for them (and my boys can eat!). We had breakfast there every morning and we ate lunch poolside twice with similar experiences.
My wife and I worked out at the gym located in the Spa several times. It was a little cramped and old, could stand a renovation, but overall not bad. They have a great little pitch and putt course (complimentary) at the front of the property and my boys loved it -- we played it three times--- and the staff will gladly take you down there and back from the lobby in one of their golf carts.
You can't beat the location of the property, it's right in the middle of Scottsdale so it's very easy to get around quickly.
As for the rooms, we had a standard room that accomodated the four of us nicely (it would have been nice to have been upgraded to one of their suites, but I was using Marriott points for 3 of my 6 nights, so perhaps I didn't rate!). We had a great little patio and our room was exceptionally quiet the entire time we were there. We never heard any room noise. We even had a nice view of Camelback mountain.
Overall, an exellent property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unrivaled among resorts in Scottsdale, Arizona, luxurious JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa remains faithful to its storied history while boldly embracing the future. Located on a breathtaking 125-acre campus beneath Mummy Mountain, this stunning resort features a hacienda style entry, casita guest rooms and impressive amenities that leave guests with the thought of "In all the world, only one..." Golfers will enjoy 36-holes of championship golf at Camelback Golf Club or instruction from the Advantage Golf School. Spa-goers can unwind at award-winning Camelback Spa with a signature spa treatment, or poolside beneath a cabana while overlooking Camelback Mountain. When you are ready to discover the local area, allow the professional concierges to compliment your interests with the perfect activity or attraction. It's easy to understand why families, business luminaries and leaders alike return to JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Hotel Paradise Valley
- Jw Marriott Scottsdale
- Camelback Hotel Jw Marriott
- Marriott Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Marriott