.I visit Phoenix/Scottsdale quite regularly, both for business and personal reasons. I've stayed at many different properties in the metro area, from the functional (e.g., the Hilton Airport) to competing luxury resort properties (e.g., the Waldorf Astoria Arizona Biltmore, the Hyatt Regency Gainey Ranch, the Scottsdale Resort and Spa, etc.). In my view, the JW Marriott Camelback Inn and Spa is plainly the best property in this market (excluding exotic micro-boutique properties). The setting is simply phenomenal; the grounds are meticulously maintained; the air is quite literally perfumed by the desert garden that surrounds you. Also, and quite importantly, the staff at the Camelback Inn is just remarkable -- it's like going back into a 1940s or 1950s Grace Kelly/Cary Grant movie. Simply put, this kind of experience just doesn't exist any more at major hotel chain affiliated properties.
The location is fantastic, with commanding views of Camelback Mountain and Squaw Peak. The property makes the most of its location in Paradise Valley, nestled between these features. Despite the peace and quiet and beautiful natural setting, you’re not more than 15 minutes from virtually any destination in the metro area (Scottsdale Fashion Mall; downtown PHX and the major sports arenas; the Central Avenue cultural district). That said, you’d never know that you’re in the middle of a major metropolitan area – it’s more like being in a national park (quiet, secluded, lovely). The rooms are huge and tastefully appointed; most have private porches with mountain or resort views.
In terms of commitment to first rate service, the only property I've stayed at that even comes close is The Breakers, in Palm Beach. If this is the level of service that you seek, the JW Marriott Camelback Inn should be your destination in Scottsdale/Phoenix. I’ve noticed a few snarky/critical reviews of this property, and all I can say is, as is usually the case, you get what you pay for. In sum, this is a unique property in this market, and they deliver a superior experience and product.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unrivaled among Scottsdale resorts, JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa remains faithful to its storied history while boldly embracing the future. Located on a breathtaking 125-acre campus beneath Mummy Mountain, this stunning luxury resort features a hacienda style entry, casita guest rooms and impressive amenities that leave guests with the thought of "In all the world, only one..." In addition to 24-hour room service guests can indulge in the fresh restaurant offerings including Rita's Kitchen, R Bar, featuring live music and inviting fire pits, or the famed BLT Steak. Golfers will enjoy 36-holes of championship golf at Camelback Golf Club or instruction from the Advantage Golf School. Spa-goers can unwind at award-winning Camelback Spa with a signature spa treatment, or poolside beneath a cabana while overlooking Camelback Mountain. When you are ready to discover the local area, allow the professional concierges to compliment your interests with the perfect activity or attraction. It's easy to understand why families, business luminaries and leaders alike return to Camelback Inn year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Hotel Paradise Valley
- Jw Marriott Scottsdale
- Camelback Hotel Jw Marriott
- Marriott Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Marriott