As a Plat/Marriott member I sought out what I hoped would be the best spot to use my points. I was not disapointed:
1. The hotel is non traditional for a JW. It is spread out with small buildings and nice rooms. It will be important to be specific about what you want here. Some buildings are more secluded than others, views vary, and some are close to the common areas if you plan to frequent them.
We had a more secluded room in a small builiding with only 2 rooms. Our room was large with a king bed, great atmosphere and patio, the view was good but not great and you could not see much of anything from inside the room. The common areas are simply outstanding and well manicured.
2. Staff: Professional and above reproach from all aspects.
3. Common Areas: Spa/Pool/Restaurants and Patio: We used everything except for the Pool. If you are a spa go-er you will not be disapointed -- normally my wife forces me to get a message.
The highlights for me where the restaurants and patio. Normally I would not be caught dead in a restaurant in my hotel and this was the exception. Allow me to break it down:
a. The patio after dark with live music, every night we were there, was outstanding for atmosphere and setting -- not to mention food drink and service.
b. R Bar (AKA Ritas) After a long day of travel it was good for some apps and drinks along with a great atmosphere outside or in. While I enjoyed everything and it hit the spot, an outstanding bar, and good deserts it would not be my first choice for dinner.
c. Steak BLT: The one hotel restaurant that did not disapoint. Along a nice dinning room and bar we from the inside to the patio, view of Camel Back Mountain at night, for after dinner drinks and desert. We were impressed with the quality of food (my favorite was the lobster salad which I had with Vueve, which they serve by the glass). The bourbon selection is good with many of my favorites including ER 17, PVW 20, and a few speacials.... my compliments on the selection of reserve from woodford.
Finally, the hotel is fairly close to Old Town (15 minutes ish) Mayo on Shea (20 mintues ish) and about 2 hours from Sedona. In Old Town we enjoyed eating at Cowboy Ciao and Herb Box.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unrivaled among resorts in Scottsdale, Arizona, luxurious JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa remains faithful to its storied history while boldly embracing the future. Located on a breathtaking 125-acre campus beneath Mummy Mountain, this stunning resort features a hacienda style entry, casita guest rooms and impressive amenities that leave guests with the thought of "In all the world, only one..." Golfers will enjoy 36-holes of championship golf at Camelback Golf Club or instruction from the Advantage Golf School. Spa-goers can unwind at award-winning Camelback Spa with a signature spa treatment, or poolside beneath a cabana while overlooking Camelback Mountain. When you are ready to discover the local area, allow the professional concierges to compliment your interests with the perfect activity or attraction. It's easy to understand why families, business luminaries and leaders alike return to JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Hotel Paradise Valley
- Jw Marriott Scottsdale
- Camelback Hotel Jw Marriott
- Marriott Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Marriott