“Wonderful Romantic Evening”
Review of El Chorro

El Chorro
Reserve with OpenTable
El Chorro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 56th Street & Lincoln Drive
Tahoe City, California
“Wonderful Romantic Evening”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Prior to our visit to Phoenix this past weekend, my wife and I conducted a bit of research on places to eat. We saw a few photos of outside dining with fireplaces and such. We were determined to find such a place once we were in Phoenix. I located El Chorro on OpenTable late Saturday afternoon. We then used our iPad to view the menu and look at photos. Once my wife gave it the thumbs-up, I used OpenTable to secure an 8pm reservation.
Our dinner experience at El Chorro did not disappoint. The evening temperature was perfect for dining out-of-doors. There were diners all around but none were too loud to notice.
Be prepared for a treat to start your dinner. I'll leave it at that. My wife enjoyed a wonderful salad and I enjoyed halibut.
I cannot say enough good about our dining experience. We will certainly return to El Chorro on our next visit to Phoenix.

Jamison, Pennsylvania
“Split family review”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Absolutely loved the ambiance and had a lovely seat in front of the fire place outside. Half of our table loved the dinner, half did not. Do not order the chicken enchiladas (too salty...and I like things more salted than most) or the vegitarian pasta (flat, boring, no flavor, nothing special). The pork, the filet, the polenta, and salads were great.

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Unexpected delight”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We chose this restaurant because of an ad for their cinnamon roles (excellent!) but the experience was so much more. The setting was great and it was easy to forget you were in the middle of a metro area. Staff was very congenial and the food excellent. This will always be on our list when we are in the Phoenix area. (We did take an extra order of cinnamon roles with us to have for breakfast the next morning.)

• Visited March 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“STINGY ON STICKY BUNS”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

With beautiful mountain views and good food, I always enjoyed eating brunch at this place. Now they have streamlined their outtake on sticky buns- 1 per person. If you want additional buns, you pay for them. BOO! Prices are dear and the BEST thing that they have are their sticky buns. I would stay away from this place. Go to another restaurant and get the same thing for less than half the price minus the sticky bun!

• Visited April 2013
“Loved happy hour on the patio but the food? Meh.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

El Chorro was highly recommended to us but we ate at 3 other local restaurants serving similar fare that were better. The service was excellent, the view of Camelback mountain from the patio was beautiful but the food was just ok. The carne as ads was soggy and the fish tacos were WAY over seasoned. Plus, $9 for a 6 ounce margarita at happy hour is steep.