“Superb Scottsdale Dining”

Elements at Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
Reserve with OpenTable
Elements at Sanctuary Camelback Mountain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tatum
Description: Celebrate farm-fresh American cuisine at elements, one of the best restaurants in Paradise Valley. Sanctuary touts the evolution of a favorite Scottsdale restaurant that offers a distinctive experience for AZ luxury dining. Discover the cutting-edge kitchen of Food Network celebrity and Executive Chef Beau MacMillan, where the best local organic produce is used to create seasonal menus. With the expansion of elements restaurant, enjoy distinctive venues for luxurious Scottsdale dining, including the private chef's table, XII, where you will witness the kitchen activity firsthand...And Praying Monk, for indoor/outdoor events overlooking the beauty of Camelback Mountain. With spectacular scenery and unique settings, jade bar and edge are the perfect places to sip and savor fresh cocktails on inviting outdoor patios at sunset.
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Friends who live in Scottsdale took me to dinner at Elements, in the Sanctuary Resort, and we enjoyed an excellent dinner. The restaurant is situated on the mountainside, offering a vista of the mountains and the Praying Monk rock formation. I would characterize the decor as 'fancy austere', a slight departure from the 'pueblo' look that is ubiquitous in these parts. I enjoyed a delicous deconstructed BLT salad, followed by a tender, perfectly cooked double pork chop. The chop was so big that I didn't even finish it, and I'm not a 'light' eater. My hosts selected seafood - sea bass and salmon - which they said was excellent. Several desserts were shared by our table of four, and both were decadent and delicious. Elements is an expensive restaurant - entrees were priced in the $30s to $40s - but it is clear that you are enjoying top quality products, prepared by talented chefs. A top Scottsdale choice, by all accounts. Don't miss it if you're in town!

1  Thank MorayJohnny

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at The Sanctuary during a recent trip to the southwest US, and ate at Elements on a Sunday night.

We were seated in a booth (table 13) towards the rear of the restaurant. It is raised above the rest of the tables and has a fabulous panoramic view of Paradise Valley and the mountains beyond.

Service was very good throughout, particularly from the manager who came over to open up our wine.

The food was probably the best we had during the trip, better even than nearby T.Cook's - which is really saying something! For starters we had the octopus (not calamari, which is another choice on the menu) and pork lobster dim sum. For mains the fillet (fantastic) and a pork chop (best ever in the US). For dessert the light but delicious chocolate cake and excellent peanut butter bomb.

Great all-rounder - view, ambience, service and food.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This is my 4th time dining here & I've tried the following 2 appetizers: Roasted summer squash tart & ahi tuna tartare & WOW! Off the charts! For dinner I've tried the following 2 entrees: roasted chicken breast & the Chilean sea bass. The fish here is delivered fresh daily, which is really important to me. I can't stand a fishy fish & it's phenomenal, however I found the chicken to be a bit on the dry side despite the sauce that it was in. Unfortunately the chickens skin was unbearably salty. I'd pass on the chicken or request easy salt. The " pbc " dessert is SO YUM!! It's beautiful indoor & outdoor dinning. A little on the pricy side, but very good!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had dinner at Elements to celebrate our anniversary. They knew that, and gave us a cozy, romantic table with a beautiful view. Our server was funny and attentive, and we were also visited by the sommelier and the manager. The drinks are inventive and flavorful I recommend the Cantaloupe. We weren't terribly hungry, so we skipped the starters, which are mostly seafood my husband is allergic to anyway. We shared the melon and cucumber salad and immediately could have ordered another. Not because it was small, but because it was delicious and was so light and fruity it was a perfect start to our dinner. My husband had the sea bass and I had the chicken. We both loved our dishes! The sea bass was firm and fresh, and the forbidden rice was rich and flavorful. The chicken was tender, very juicy and also very flavorful. It was also huge - they do not skimp on portions here. We ended up with the pbc bomb. Yes, it was the bomb.

We also ate breakfast there three mornings. If you live in the area, it's definitely worth checking out for breakfast. Don't bother with the elements breakfast which is just eggs, meat and toast. Not what they do well. The toast on two occasions was not toasted, just warm dry bread, and the bacon was served almost burned on all three days. We asked for less cooked bacon, and they were quick to comply - just ask ahead how you'd like it prepared. The other dishes were a delight. The pancakes were to die for (my personal favorite) and the brioche French toast was sinful. There were several other dishes on the menu I was disappointed not to get to try. The fresh juices are outstanding.

I'm just sad we don't live there so we can't go back again and again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

First rate restaurant with first rate views of the Scottsdale area. The decor sets the expectations high and the chef delivers. Sean, our server was friendly and attentive while providing the right amount of personality to make the dinner both an experience and culinary delight.
Mike Lee, the GM, was gracious and friendly as well. He spent time at the table getting to know everyone and making them feel at ease. First rate job.
The food: amazing! Every dish was spot on and seasoned to make the flavors dance on your palette. Definitely worth the trip. Wish I was there right now.....